Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Adventure Time!

Honoured Mook

Date:
Adventure Time!

What the lump! I realized we don't have an adventure time thread, soooooo here is is. (:

Favorite characters?
Episodes?
Villians?

I'm curious, I'm adventure time obsessed.
It's Algebraic!  

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have no idea what Adventure Time is. Care to elaborate? Is it a cartoon? I may have heard of it once. But I'm not entirely sure.

jinsei wa tabida. isshungoto ni kansha suru. x

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Adventure Time is an amazing cartoon, it's quite surreal and funny.
One of the characters is voiced by the guy who plays Bender in Futurama!

Forget the horror here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Google?

It's totally rhombus! I have yet to watch the Fionna and Cake episode but I have no doubt that it will be my favourite one! My favourite episode so far is the one with the tea party (obviously!)

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

Regular Crew

Date:

OMFG- I love Adventure Time xD
Finn and Jake are the best x3
And Lumpy Space Princess, of course

I think so far, I've liked pretty much every single episode xD

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm going as Marceline for Halloween! (:

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

THE BEST SHOW EVER.

My favourite characters are the obvious - Jake and Finn. I love the episode with all the zombie candy people.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

OH MY GLOB I LOVE ADVENTURE TIME.

Jake is so radical. "Sucking at something step to being sorta good at something" gets me through the days.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I watched it on TV for the first time today!

I saw the pilot episode AGES ago on youtube and loved it, and had a fascination and a want to watch more ever since.

I think I'm going to have to keep watching it now when it comes on.

Lush Guru

Date:

Mookychick and Adventure Time are the sole reasons I want my internet connected asap. We've got so much to catch up on!! I made The Captain a Finn hat for a party earlier this year and he went as Finn for Hallowe'en properly with a rucksack and a sword and everything. When I have pictures I will show you.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I am starting to make Adventure Time plushies =D

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Is it that the same cartoon with the Japanese speaking unicorn?

Was in America for a few weeks they seem to have marathons of the series on Cartoon Network constantly.

Just seems a lot smarter and more weirder version of ruby gloom type cartoons. I know they are not exactly the same but offer a bit of variety than more traditional or commercial cartoons.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I love adventure time :D My faves are Marceline, peppermint butler and tree trunks. Ice king is definately the best villian.

Regular Crew

Date:

WHATEVER IT'S 2009.

Love adventure time, I've recorded all of um so far on sky XD

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

My siblings and I became obsessed with it when it first came out, stationed ourselves in front of the television devotedly to watch the premiere of each new episode, and then grew bored less than halfway through the first season. Which is more of a reflection of our limited attention span than a lack of quality in the show.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone here watched Adventure Time, and if they like the genderbender version. Also, if they ship any characters, and if they read any fanfics. ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!!!!!smile

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I do :) I loved the gender bender version especially the end bit where you find out it is just the ice kings made up story lol. Favourite characters are Marceline, Flame princess, peppermint butler and tree trunks. Have not read any fanfics are they any good?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I want to talk more about it properly so I dug up the thread again.

Okay I have to say I love it when they say things about consent. Like Finn going "NO BODY FLICKS ME IN THE BUTT WITHOUT MY CONSEEENNNNT" and then in the hug wolf episode the crowd is like "NO MORE HUGS NO MORE HUGS (without consent)" I think that's a good message for the kiddies. Also the Ice King is like a total sexual harassment creep and the fact that Finn and Jake are always telling him it's wrong is great although it'd be nice one day if the princesses could kick his butt themselves.

I don't think I can watch anything without adding some sort of feminist critique in my head so has anyone else noticed anything like that? I often try to find the positive messages in the story lines. I think I'm just over analysing but whatever A.T. is my lyfeeee.

I love it when Finn is dealing with having feelings for the ladies it's so cute. :3

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I've never seen the show, but it does happen to contain one of the best songs ever.

"Just because someone doesnt love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have." -- Truman Capote

Honoured Mook

Date:

I really need to watch more Adventure Time. One of my bezzie mates is a huge fan so I got him an "Algebraic!" T-shirt last time he came to visit. He's always trying to make me watch the show and I love it, but then as he leaves I just don't watch anymore. Silly really, as it's quite hilarious and fantastic!

Regular Crew

Date:

It is the best cartoon I've seen. My favourite episode is the one where Jake and Finn are hiding in Marceline's closet. Jake getting bitten by the spider and trying to scream without waking Marceline was just the funniest thing ever..:)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Just discovered this show... it's awesomely weird and I love it! :D

Facebook

and a Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I know this doesn't QUITE fit with Films and TV but it fits this thread.

Has anybody else seen/read the Adventure Time comics? Are they good? I saw them while I were in Dublin but had no money on me that day and when I came back to the shop they were in they'd gone. :(

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I was really anti-adventure time because the frequency with which the gifs and screencaps flooded my tumblr dashboard irritated me, and I thought it looked silly, but then I decided to watch it and I really liked it. It's pure escapism, and nothing TRULY BAD ever happens, which is ideal for me at the moment. Plus, it's stuffed full of pop culture and stuff, which I like.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I really like how it's set in a post apocolyptic earth.

-contribution end-

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I LOVE IT.
it's made of fun,weed and every cute thing on earth!
my favourite character is definitely Marceline,she is truly today's woman.

doctor__i_puke_rainbowz_c__by_supremesonrio-d3fsuxe_zps4e836e85.gif

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It fills my boyfriend and I with massive amounts of joy which cannot be a bad thing. We love Gunter and the Ice King best though, they're clearly the best.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Mindblowing revelation: the Ice King is voiced by the same guy who does SpongeBob! Once you notice it, it becomes incredibly obvious!

I love the Ice King. He's my favourite baddie.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That guy gets everywhere! He's the mayor in the Powerpuff Girls too. He's astonishingly prolific.

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

One of my colleagues told me that I remind them of ALL the characters in Adventure Time. Somehow. I definitely took it as a compliment even though I can't say I ever planned on being compared to Treetrunks or Susan Strong...

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us