Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The "Where can I find...?" Thread

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: The "Where can I find...?" Thread

Also, if you have the chance to go to Ikea, they have a great selection of little potted plants, I bought my succulents there and they're lovely.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

As most the supermarkets I use are smaller versions (the 'express', 'metro' and 'local' type), I hadn't considered that supermarkets might have something, I think I'll make the trek to some of the full sized supermarkets this weekend and see what I can find. And as much as I'd like to grow my own, I'm not sure that my student accommodation is the best place to do so, as everything would have to be done indoors and I'd have nowhere to store any left over soil or anything, but I might look into it when I'm back home over the summer. Unfortunately there are no Homebases or Ikeas near enough that I could visit (as far as I'm aware anyhow), otherwise that'd probably be ideal, but maybe I'll look into public transport and see if I can find any that would be convenient.

Thank you for all the suggestions!

Cut Out And Keep

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ If you're in Manchester there's an Ikea in Ashton which is one tram away from the city centre!

Forget the horror here.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I've grown a lot of plants in student accommodation, and also it is a nice project to do together with ones flatmates. All you need is the right vegetable scraps and some cleaned out cans. Leftover soil go into the organic waste bin or back out in the park you nabbed it from in the first place :)

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've yet to explore the trams so I didn't know that, thanks Martha! I might go an Ikea adventure at some point then.

I hadn't thought of sneaking soil from local parks, so that might work. If I can be brave enough to go soil digging, then I might give that a go after all!

Cut Out And Keep

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ explore the trams! They're brilliant. Seriously, if you have enough for tram fare and a day with nothing to do, you can get to MediaCityUK from wherever you are and check out the Imperial War Museum North (which is free) and wander around the Lowry Outlet (which is good for cheaper-than-usual things, there's a Cadburys shop where you can buy bags of broken chocolate fingers and such) and the cinema and theatre. Lots of other tram stops have fun and student-budget friendly things nearby too. I promise I don't work for the met, I just really like the trams because they're the best way for me to get from my new place to see my family. Oh, and if you can avoid it, NEVER get a tram in rush hour and/or when there is something going on at Old Trafford if you need the Altrincham line. Unless you like being squished with a bunch of sweaty moody strangers.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookface (mod)

Date:

^ the trams are super useful, I don't know what I'd do without them!

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Aldi in Didsbury has LOADS of potted plants atm :) saw them today and thought of you!

Mookface (mod)

Date:

You babes might be able to help with this: I'm looking for black, baggy batwing tops with a slashed/wide/off the shoulder neckline, in a fairly sturdy fabric. My favourite one died a death after two or three years of consistent wear and I've really been feeling its absence in my wardrobe. I'm a bit wary of places like Boohoo and Asos because in my experience their tops are sometimes so thin you can practically see through them!

I'm just so sick of fighting with my wardrobe to find something to wear, so I'm intending to find a top I like and buy about five of them and a load of leggings so I can stop wasting time deciding what to wear day to day. Cheers kids x

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Is bat-wing the one that goes from wide sleeve at the shoulder to narrow at the wrist, or is it the one that goes from narrow at the shoulder to wide at the wrist (like arm-flares?)???

I don't know if this is at all an ethical brand but Brandy Melville make beautiful soft, baggy but classy-looking clothes. I always spend a lot of time in their shop near Carnaby Street, just touching everything.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Does anyone with big boobs know a good brand for sports bras? I need a 36E (or a generous 34E, I'm between the sizes) with medium or better support that preferably doesn't cost a fortune. I've tried all the ones I know (and had to take them back, one of them for store credit instead of a refund) without success. I just need something to keep them in place when I jump or run.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Regular Crew

Date:

^ I had a friend who used to double up to save the hassle or just do a bit of DIY to them to save money. That said though Primark do some pretty good cheap sports bras nowadays. If you can't find one though I'd suggest you're best off going to a proper place to get one fitted because they're uber comfortable. I should get myself fitted tbh I don't even know what size I am anymore.

Does anyone know where you can get a sort of alternative baggy coat with a hood which isn't too cliche but completely black? More modern looking. I love black baggy stuff, I'd live in a bin bag if I could. \o/

fdggd_zpsf66801aa.png

Tumblr | Youtube

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Hello. I had a recent email enquiry from a reader asking where they might find plus-size clothing of the kind that's sold at http://deandri.com/. Might anyone be able to help?

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I'm not sure precisely which bits they're after, but I'd browse on Etsy for something. I've seen collars and harness type tops available there, and the little dresses too. Best thing about Etsy is, of course, you can usually send a message to someone who does what you want but not in your size and negotiate. Might cost a bit more than their usual product (but that shop didn't seem to be cheap anyway) because of the extra fabric/time to size up patterns.

«First  <  1 2 3 | Page of 3  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us