Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The last book you bought.

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: The last book you bought.

Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King by William Joyce and Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.

Tumblr || Weasyl (NSFW)

follow the yellow brick toad, follow the yellow brick toad.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

PinCushion Princess wrote:

Dita Von Teese's Burlesque/Fetish book (the big beautiful hardback one) for £12 new on Amazon, BARGAIN. And Jo Weldon's Burlesque Handbook. I WILL PERFORM ONE DAY!

†I love that this is the last post before the thread was resurrected and we can all be mightily impressed that the last sentence is not only right, that she's a brilliant burlesque dancer.

Life Is A Mystery†x Death Is Not†= Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

†Don't make me take the shades off...

Regular Crew

Date:

The Bust Diy Guide to Life and The Everything Creative Writing BooK.†

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

The Twins by Saskia Sarginosn. Definitely my kind of book so far, love it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

A French Calvin and Hobes comic book.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I didn't buy these, but I borrowed them from the library: 2 mangas called Confidential Confession: Deai and Limit, 2 volumes of Birds of Prey and 2 of Dykes to Watch out for, and one called Marvel Romance Redux, which s just hilarious (they've taken really old comics and replaced all the dialogue with much funnier ones).

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ You read Confidential Confessions? I got all 8 volumes when I was 14. What do you think of it?

I got some cheap classics - a collection of Oscar Wilde's works and a compilation of Poe's short stories and poems as well as some short stories by Lovecraft. I had to leave "Mrs. Dalloway" behind, though. :(

You don't know me.
Never will never will

I'm outside your picture frame ...
... and the glass is breaking.†

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The last pageful item I bought was Tank Girl: One. I wanna buy Two and Three soon, maybe with my Christmas monies :)

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Baby Mook

Date:

"A Game of Thrones", by George R. R. Martin.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm just starting James Rhodes' "Instrumental" - I'm totally prepared for it to trigger the fuck out of me but it's very important to me to read other survivors stories.

Eccentric Blue Haired Ecdysiast & Self Professed Dildo Nerd

Answers to Daisy or Little Spoon :) x

Regular Crew

Date:

The last book book: The Sociological Imagination.
Last Comic: Beauty
Last Graphic Novel: Bitch Planet.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Nos4r2 by Joe hill aka Stephen king Jr it's been good but a bit labouring now towards the end an I think I prefer horns, Deffo get the vibe that he writes with movie adaptations in mind

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Honoured Mook

Date:

Maggie Stiefvater's "The Raven King."

I pre-ordered it. it should be here soon, but it hasn't even shipped yet sobs.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I recently got Wuthering Heights and Raquel, the Jewess of Toledo for ridiculously cheap at a second hand book shop. I've read both before but it's nice to have my own copies and besides, I've never read Wuthering Heights in English!†

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I read a really interesting mythological thriller called 'Skein Island' recently by Aliya Whiteley. I was looking for something that was well-written, literary, with a very small touch of magic and a big helping of hermetically sealed society, to fill my need for books like The Secret History. I find its central conceit fascinating, that men are one of four mythological types (in the book, at least. This is fiction and I'm not positing that it's the author's world view). But the archetypes are... interesting.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 | Page of 4  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us