Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The last book you bought.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: The last book you bought.

Since I read Miss Peregrine's Home for peculiar Children in one day and found it very poor, I returned it to Waterstones pretending I already had it and got hold of the third Abarat book.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I just bought my favourite book again... So I can have a copy and pass the other on to my friend, not that she knows it yet :D

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Great Expectations (the Collector's Library edition - SUCH A GORGEOUS BOOK) and The Woman in Black by Susan Hill.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Dracula, by Bram Stoker and Dracula Undead, by Dacre Stoker.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

My blog

My Tumblr 

My Twitter

Honoured Mook

Date:

I am obsessed with British Heart Foundation charity shops! They have one in Harrogate that is just full off books and cds etc.

Last week I got some amazing bargains, including Starhawk's The Spiral Dance and Magick in theory and practise by Aleister Crowley :)

Regular Crew

Date:

the last book i brought myself was the spooks nightmare but the last book i actually got was a gift from my sister it was a manga comic called fruits basket

I'm not psycho...I just like psychotic things.  Gerard Way

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

'Basque - a linguistic interpretation' <3

Pony Frenzy

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Last books I bought were Any human heart by william boyd and the vampire knight art book.

Lush Guru

Date:

Adolf in Wonderland and The Menstruating Mall by Carlton Mellick III, my new favourite author.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^I see his work has really effected you.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Lush Guru

Date:

I am slimy with anticipation.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Can you please do dramatic readings for us the next time we meet up? :)

Inspired by the lovely Alka, plus general train station boredom, I went to buy a book. I've somehow ended up with the first two A Song of Ice and Fire books and The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. I've not only run out of any kind of conceivable bookspace in my room, I'm now having to pretend they're not there in order to get even a semblance of thesis work done. My bibliosluttery is completely out of control, it seems (and I couldn't be happier about it).

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff. I remember borrowing it from the library years ago and it made an impression I guess.

I like people too much or not at all. I've got to go down deep, to fall into people, to really know them. - Sylvia Plath

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Dracula by Bram Stoker and Strata by Terry Pratchett. I've been meaning to read both of these for a long while.

http://malchik-gay.tumblr.com/

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and a book on angels by various authors.

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

The Art of Happiness by Dalai Lama XIV, Howard C. Cutler. It's a collective of interviews with the Dalai Lama which have been recorded and analysed by psychologist Howard Cutler. It's really interesting :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Garth Nix's first book Ragwitch, which I owned as a teenager but only read once as it freaked me out, and eventually sold it. I recently discovered that it's only been published twice and it seems to be currently out of print, so Skittles wound up buying me a second hand copy in perfect condition. I am happy but still reluctant to read it, haha. More of a collector's item!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale and Charles Bukowski's Ham on Rye. I've been meaning to get into Margaret Atwood after all the good things I've read about her on this board, and Charles Bukowski I've been dying to read because he's awesome and I've been in love with him since I checked out a book of his poetry, Bone Palace Ballet, from the library. Both books are incredible and are new favorites of mine. Ham on Rye in particular is absolutely hilarious!

Regular Crew

Date:

Creating a Life Worth Living by Carol Lloyd. Very encouraging and interesting book about creating a creative lifestyle that suits your particular creative personality and needs. Each chapter has an interview with a creative professional (artists, actors, directors, publisher, etc), some quite well known. And why? Well, because I haven't cracked it yet and I'm hungry for advice!

Now... what was I doing....?

Regular Crew

Date:

SomethingWicked: I loved Atwood's Alias Grace. It will stay with me forever. Highly recommended.

Now... what was I doing....?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

A battered copy of Prevosts's Manon Lescaut which I'm going to need for next semester's French Lit. 

Pony Frenzy

Honoured Mook

Date:

Just bought The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern on Amazon, really looking forward to reading it - when I finish all the other books I'm in the middle of anyway.

Facebook

and a Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The Steampunk Bible- it's a bit pretentious in parts and a little weighed down by certain detail, but the pictures are pretty and it's quite interesting.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^ Ooh, I'm glad you approve! My boything bought me that for Christmas, and it's a glorious book to flip through when you're curled up with a cup of tea.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Isn't it just! The pages are so glorious, I could eat them. I love the delightfully restrained, polite dispute between Verne and H G Welles :')

Regular Crew

Date:

Teen Witch by Silver Ravenwolf, which was interesting but not quite reliable. Somebody bought all the Cunningham. *sigh*

"Art is the Weapon. Your Imagination is the Ammunition. Stay Dirty, and Stay Dangerous. Create and Destroy as you see fit. Embrace your originality. The Aftermath is Secondary. You can and should do anything." -MCR

<3 TWLOHA <3

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I went on a spree yesterday to get stuff for uni next term:

• Adam Bede - George Eliot
  • The Monk - Matthew Lewis
  • The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner - James Hogg
  • A Sicillian Romance - Ann Radcliffe

Not for uni:

• A Clergyman's Daughter - George Orwell
  • Very Good Jeeves - P. G. Wodehouse
  • Fanny Hill: Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure - John Cleland

I really want to start reading them all but Anna Karenina is taking fucking forever to get through!

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I LOVE the Monk! It's so dramatic and over the top, especially the ending :D

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

cujo - stephen king been wanting it for ages but only just found a desent second hand version

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Honoured Mook

Date:

Dita Von Teese's Burlesque/Fetish book (the big beautiful hardback one) for £12 new on Amazon, BARGAIN. And Jo Weldon's Burlesque Handbook. I WILL PERFORM ONE DAY!

Eccentric Blue Haired Ecdysiast & Self Professed Dildo Nerd

Answers to Daisy or Little Spoon :) x

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us