Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Awful Videogames

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Awful Videogames

Figured I would start a topic about dreadful video games, after all, why not?

I'll get the ball rolling, with one which may seem like an obvious one, but I hate it all the same: Call of Duty. Pretty much, I hate any FPS's, they're generic and I can't normally tell them apart because of how similar they are, they all have that same nearly black and white effect too. CoD however has another issue which makes me hate that one especially, watching it gives me motion sickness. If that's not reason enough to hate a game, I don't know what is!

So come on guys, what games do you hate?

Edit: Grammar check

-- Edited by Redshoes on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 09:55:10 PM

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have loads of games of that are just new characters run through a Crash Bandicoot engine, and they are all terrible and hilarious. My personal favourite is M&Ms: Fully Loaded.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

Honoured Mook

Date:

call of duty and FIFA -____-

Beware Your In For A Scare!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Redshoes wrote:

Pretty much, I hate any FPS's, they're generic and I can't normally tell them apart because of how similar they are, they all have that same nearly black and white effect too.

B-but, I love FPSs..... Seriously, you need to check out Team Fortress 2; it's wild and wierd and has epic dialogue (I shall quote the Heavy class: IS GOOD!)

However, I hate puzzel games. Except the Portal games. They're good.

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Amaranth=Rayne wrote:

B-but, I love FPSs..... Seriously, you need to check out Team Fortress 2; it's wild and wierd and has epic dialogue (I shall quote the Heavy class: IS GOOD!)

I've seen somebody play that one before, and it does look a lot more fun than the standard FPS, I may check it out.

And I love the Portal games! But this isn't about videogames we like, ohhh no! 

Honoured Mook

Date:

Anything that has brownish "realistic" colour settings. It just makes the games so boring, and as I watch games as a sport, I need vivid imagery. Most shooters are to generic. Then there are others, like CS that started generic but has some pretty interesting maps. I personally don't like CS, but there is a lot of options on creating your own maps on it, and that I respect, because that makes a game evolving and it keeps interesting longer. My brother has played that same game for 4-5 years now, so the money he put on it in the frst case was totally worth it.

Tumbling around

Tweet Tweet!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Dead or Alive: Paradise. Disappointment or confusion are just understatements on how I feel about this videogame. I've played the Dead or Alive series however DOA Paradise seemed like a whole other game all together. I kept playing thinking the action will start soon but it never did, it was a waste of my time.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Honoured Mook

Date:

^Dead or alive beach volleyball, a game of boobies, and that is it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Wow these Dead or Alive spin-offs sure sound pretty lame!
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 was pretty bad, I never bothered finishing the game, or even getting half way, just boring.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My family seems to have an obsession with Final Fantasy but I just don't dig it. I also loathe puzzle games because I get stuck and frustrated, then when I run out of time the answers come dancing on screen, making it all seem so obvious. That's why I've always hated riddles. I spend ages making up ridiculously elaborate answers, only to find out the answer is something insanely simple. Another thing I hate is when a game is two player but you get the option to go VS the computer and it ALWAYS wins. Cheating bastard.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Lady Misery wrote:

My family seems to have an obsession with Final Fantasy but I just don't dig it. I also loathe puzzle games because I get stuck and frustrated, then when I run out of time the answers come dancing on screen, making it all seem so obvious. That's why I've always hated riddles. I spend ages making up ridiculously elaborate answers, only to find out the answer is something insanely simple. Another thing I hate is when a game is two player but you get the option to go VS the computer and it ALWAYS wins. Cheating bastard.

I love Final Fantasy up until 10, after that it's balls. I also know exactly what you mean about playing against the computer, gahhh!

Regular Crew

Date:

Big road truckers, a game so broken it could hardly be played.

Also FPS, as people have stated their all quite generic (for me anyway)

Farmville

Sonic unleashed, could have been great, just that the horrible werewolf sections are mind0numblingly dull.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm not much of a fan of FPS either. Or racing games.

Sadly a lot of today's games give me motion sickness, even Twilight Princess which I can't complete. :( I get such a bad headache I have to give up after about 20 mins and go lay down.

I don't like Kingdom Hearts 2. I enjoyed the first one, but the second one just seemed like "Hey lets release a many pretty boys at once so womens can swoon over them!" and the plot was a bit to scattered to keep my interest.

I never bothered with Final fantasy after 9, I played a bit of 10 but it had lost its charm for me. Loved 7,8 and 9 and I played 11 online for several years.

Its so hard not to deviate into games I love lol.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I love puzzle games, and also enjoy FPS. Even sports games can be enjoyable if you have a have a console and move about as part of the game.

What I really don't get is Sims. It's like playing dollhouse in the contemporary world with boring little dolls. The environment is a duller version of the real world, there is no monsters to kill and no interesting storyline to follow. What is the point?

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have the motion sickness problem too, I occasionally take some motion sickness pills specificially for playing games haha.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I just bought a fairly old x-men game for my xbox 360 and I have to say I'm considering taking it back to the shop, it's pretty shite and some of the missions are ridiculous. It was pre-owned and pretty cheap so I don't feel like I've lost too much money, but I'm annoyed that it's not what I expected.

Call of Duty also sits a little uncomfortably with me. It makes me uneasy to know that I have friends in the army, marines and the air force who are doing that for real. I worry about them all the time and hold my breath everytime a military death is announced on the television, so I can't imagine ever playing a game like that for fun. Why would that be fun when I might have to see a friend of mine being buried one day due to those circumstances that people play about with? No, I will never like Call of Duty, nor any war game, particularly.

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Redshoes wrote:
Amaranth=Rayne wrote:

I've seen somebody play that one before, and it does look a lot more fun than the standard FPS, I may check it out.

And I love the Portal games! But this isn't about videogames we like, ohhh no! 

IT'S FREE FOREVER! Just download Steam and install the game :D

The Alien in the North!

Regular Crew

Date:

I don't really play video games much, but I hate Pokemon on the Gameboy. It's so tedious and boring, I don't understand the point of it.
And Mario Kart Wii just sucks. There's actually a song about how much it sucks, if you hadn't heard it already:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX0HtrGasQo

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Zombiecakes wrote:

I don't really play video games much, but I hate Pokemon on the Gameboy. It's so tedious and boring, I don't understand the point of it.
And Mario Kart Wii just sucks. There's actually a song about how much it sucks, if you hadn't heard it already:

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, I love the Pokémon games! Especially the first ones! I always get a sort of emotional attachment to my pokémon and then once I've finished the game I love battling against other people! I can get pretty competative though. :P

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Zombiecakes wrote:

Oh my god, we'd hate each other! I'm addicted to Mario Kart wii, dude, you can unlock Birdo O_O.

And there is totally a point to the pokemon game boy games! There is nothing but a point if anything, I used to get so frustrated not being able to get to the next stage...

As for me, I am another one not convinced of Final Fantasy. And any first person shooter. DULL. I like to be able to see my character. :) 

Edited: because I spelled "character" wrong. lul.

-- Edited by Raspectre on Sunday 6th of November 2011 12:10:49 AM

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The local cocktail bar once held a Mario Kart Wii tournament, but sadly I couldn't go. :(

Also which Final Fantasy's have you come across? The more recent ones are... well they're horrid.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Redshoes wrote:

The local cocktail bar once held a Mario Kart Wii tournament, but sadly I couldn't go. :(

Also which Final Fantasy's have you come across? The more recent ones are... well they're horrid.

I cam't remember. It was about 4ish years ago, I don't think it was the most recent though. I really want to like it though, it's so pretty, as is the music!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Raspectre wrote:

Oh my god, we'd hate each other! I'm addicted to Mario Kart wii, dude, you can unlock Birdo O_O.

-- Edited by Raspectre on Sunday 6th of November 2011 12:10:49 AM

I always play as Birdo :P

And I would like to put forward for "so bad it's good" consideration- the House of the Dead series, specifically House of the Dead 2 for the truly amazing voice acting. I LOVE IT.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ ME TOO! I have a Birdo t shirt 8D In love with him and his sounds and his face hole...

Regular Crew

Date:

Devil May Cry 2. I love all the other games in the series, but DMC2 just didn't cut it for me.
It's a whole lot more fun when Dante's whipping out his one-liners and taunting every boss he comes across.
I hope DmC is going to be good. I don't like Dante's character design, but so long as the stylish fast-paced gameplay is there, I'll be happy.

Sims is just boring. My brother loves it but I just don't see why.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Redshoes wrote:

Figured I would start a topic about dreadful video games, after all, why not?

I'll get the ball rolling, with one which may seem like an obvious one, but I hate it all the same: Call of Duty. Pretty much, I hate any FPS's, they're generic and I can't normally tell them apart because of how similar they are, they all have that same nearly black and white effect too. CoD however has another issue which makes me hate that one especially, watching it gives me motion sickness. If that's not reason enough to hate a game, I don't know what is!

So come on guys, what games do you hate?

Edit: Grammar check

-- Edited by Redshoes on Tuesday 31st of May 2011 09:55:10 PM

I'm not really into playing games like CoD but for some reason I love watching my partner play on them lol don't know why but I find it fascinating.

Regular Crew

Date:

Bulletwitch, enough said..... by far the worst game I have EVER played!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Woah, forgot this thread existed! Hello and thanks for bringing it back, MN.

I wasn't too keen on Resident Evil: Revelations. As much as I love the series, I think the game was just missing...something.
Also, Silent Hill Homecoming/Origins. They were both just all kinds of wrong.

The Alien in the North!

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us