Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Parents and tattoos. What kind of tattoos do you parents have?

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: Parents and tattoos. What kind of tattoos do you parents have?

My mum has a tiger on her shoulder and then she swore blind that she would never have another one.... a few years later she ended up getting a hummingbird on her ankle!

My Dad also has a tiger on his arm, walking down a waterfall! It's beautiful! He also has a celtic band round one arm. We got our first tattoos together!

Regular Crew

Date:

My mom has a bunch of tattoos. Her ex-husband was a tattoo artist so she got a bunch for free. She has a whole scene of faeries on one leg, lions on the other leg, a tribal pieces with a dragon over it on her lower back, a cross with wings on the back of her neck, a female centaur on one of her should blades, and the first initials of me my brother and my sister on her wrist. Plus she has her belly button pierced.
My mom is awesome :D

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My nan has two. Both are of butterflies; one's on her right shoulder and the other's on her right thigh (I think) smile My mum has a rose on her right shoulder but it's quite faded and blurred for some reason. She doesn't like it because it's not actually what she wanted, apparently. She was going to get some sort of lizard but the tattooist didn't have the design drawn out on that day and she was so psyched up about getting a tattoo, that she just got that one done instead.

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My mother wants a tattoo on her foot, but I think she's too embarrassed to look up designs and decide what she wants. She always wanted to have one in her youth, but my father forbade her so she never had it done.

EDIT: She got a tattoo! My middle-aged mother now has a black gecko on her foot.

-- Edited by cowl on Tuesday 11th of October 2011 06:18:59 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Neither of my parents have tattoos. My dad's brother (err, so my uncle haha) has a very "interesting" skull on his shoulder which is the reason why my dad hates tattoos so much :/ My mam's brothers all have patriotic tattoos that they got when they were sixteen *cringe!*

-- Edited by Irilar on Wednesday 15th of February 2012 08:12:07 AM

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Honoured Mook

Date:

My dad has a generic tattoo of his ex-girlfriend's name in a heart. He also has his ears pierced. My mom has her nose pierced. My aunt has an ankh on her back and one of her nicknames on her wrist. Tattoos and piercings aren't that big of a deal in these parts.

Tumblrs 1 & 2

I am 100% scum.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My dad has a tattoo of an eagle with an ex-girlfriend's name underneath it, also my uncle and grandad on my mums side of the family have matching hand tattoos of swallows.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

My parents hate tattoos, but all of my uncles have some kind of animal tattooed on their forearms. They were so proud when I got my semi colon.

Also Socio's mum has a tattoo of magic mushrooms on her back from when seh was in her early twenties. She's since had it covered to look like flowers. I love cool hippie parents.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

One of my uncles and his wife have so many tattoos I wouldn't even be able to think about describing them. This uncle's daughter (i.e. my cousin) wanted a tattoo of dolphins for a long time, along with a navel piercing. I know she had the piercing done, but I'm not sure about the tattoo. Her brother has a dragon on his leg.

Regular Crew

Date:

My dad has a canadian flag on his arm with my mom, my brother, and my name around it,

~RadioactiveLullaby

Calling...

Regular Crew

Date:

Neither of my parents have tattoos. My Grandpa, however, has a naked lady on one of his arms, and a heart with a dagger through it on the other.

Baby Mook

Date:

My father is against tattoos, but my mother always wanted to cover a scar on her arm by a tattoo. I'm thinking of offering her something from watercolor tattoos like these http://flowertattooideas.com/50-watercolor-poppy-tattoos/ Maybe any of them? Or maybe the cherry blossoms are better?

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I'm a bit late to the party but there aren't enough poppies in the world. I love poppies :)

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us