Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Mooky Pets

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Mooky Pets

Irilar your dogs are beautiful! I'm especially in love with Topsy, the way she's looking at the camera is just too much!

No pictures but right now my mum's quite ill and asleep on the sofa with a blanket and Zak's constantly sitting/laying next to the sofa and occasionally checks on her by sniffing her face and licking her hand. It's so cute.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

*beaming with pride* They are mother and daughter, Topsy being the mother. She is getting on in years, being 13 and the average life expectancy for her breed being 10-12. But she is relatively spry and dancing around like a puppy on occasion so I hope to be able to keep her a few more years.

Speaking of breeds, they are Norwegian elkhounds, quite common hereabouts but I was wondering if there is any of them outside the Nordic countries? They are bred for hunting big game, and bark a lot (something we have never corrected as we use them as a substitute for a doorbell) but they are also very loving family dogs.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Irilar wrote:

*beaming with pride*

deservedly so, they look on top form and absolutley in their element! i've met an elkhound before and it was an absolute sweetheart, the most beautiful eyes with a hint of mischief in them...lovely snuggly fur too.

my two have been enjoying the rare occurence of 7 inches of snow that's been down for a week, which has pleased Trip because when it's cold she becomes the 'winter wolf' and can't stop playing in it like a puppy. Mabel's never seen this much snow, and despite her legs being only 11 inches tall is so overjoyed by this newly transformed world that she has refused to notice that it is cold and she is shivering, and to come back inside and warm up biggrin

the cats are not so impressed. Bud and Steve have resisted going outside up until yesterday, when mutual cabin fever drove them out. (although the semi feral, semi senile 'bear' is oblivious to all things that are not dairy related, as always.)

despite mummy buying a snow shovel and digging 'access paths' to the areas of the garden that the prefer, they have lounged like fat potentates in the house where the heating pipes run and demanded feeding whenever you cross their paths (why they should think that normal feeding times have been suspended because there is snow, i don't know,... cat logic, obviously) they are also miffed that their usual run of attempted murder has been curtailed, as the birds can see them coming now!

i'm expecting the cats to be even more disgusted next week when it all melts, but i'm sure that the dogs will be overjoyed at the reapearance of their beloved mud.

...i really must get a new pair of wellies.

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

More Crumpet photos!

Just hanging about, being a guinea pig.

Apple time!

Oof, that flash is a bit bright.

This is for me to eat, right?

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Another Zak photo, because he's the bestest dog in the world.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

@ redshoes: zak's got the most amazing eyes, like little lazers!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarfax/8685038761/in/photostream

cat politics take a turn for the worst...

poor bud's at a bit of a disadvantage where we live, as there are a lot of un-nutered tom cats giving it  the 'big lad' syndrome and jostling for territory and the laydeees at the moment.

here are his latest abcesses, one to the face and one to the middle aged spread... needless to say, he's not a happy bunny, mostly because i won't let him back out until he's healed up a bit (and he's very concerned that he's not checking his perimiters) but partly because he now looks like a shaved fool and we laugh at him. biggrin

Honoured Mook

Date:

^Aww, he does look a bit disgruntled!

I made the mistake of letting my little Peggy kitten out for her very first solo ramble outside, and now she's constantly crying to go back out again. WHAT HAVE I DONE??!

Facebook

and a Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I found some baby photos of Hemingway!

Teeny Hemingway.

Spot the Hemingway!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thank you Lady C. :D I hope your kitty feels a bit happier soon and the nasty toms leave him alone!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

abcess boy is now back to his old self, chillaxing in his garden. (although, he does seem to be making sure his hired muscle is nearby, just in case!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarfax/8701443519/in/photostream

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My lovely baby Zissou, sitting very strangely. 

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

i love it when cats do 'self origami', zissou's giving us a lovely example there florrie!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Here's my baby Peggy, all grown up and a contented little cat indeed!

Facebook

and a Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

in loving memory of mabel. 

spoiler for sadness and pet grief.

Spoiler

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarfax/9223766902/

-- Edited by lady carfax on Saturday 6th of July 2013 01:55:41 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh no Lady C. :( I am so so sorry for your loss. However, she obviously had a very happy life with you guys and there's no way she could have had such a happy, positive outlook on everything without the love that she received from you both. It's good to know that you both had some wonderful friends to help you as well.

*hugs*

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh no, that's so awful! I'm so sorry to hear. But as Chelsea said, you gave her an excellent life, which is a lot to be thankful for. Huge hugs x

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

oh that is so so sad, i send you all my love x

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose a dog so suddenly like that, but as everyone has said, you gave her the best life she could have had. My thoughts are with you. x

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

So sorry to hear about Mabel, Lady C :( my thoughts are with you xxxx

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

thank you everybody for your condolences, i'm sorry i took so long to say thanks, but your support was much appreciated. loosing mabel like that was horrific but every cloud has a silver lining, if you look hard enough...

funnily enough, we weren't even looking hard... we were not going to start looking for another dog until after boomtown festival, we were just casually browsing dogs home pages for the lulz when we came across 'the moog'

spoilered for length and new baby boringness, lol.

Spoiler

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Yay! A new member in Lady C's family! He looks like a very good dog and I'm sure he will be happy with you guys! :)

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

moog, drooling for jelly beans he's not allowed to have.

we're down to 33kg after a month of diet and exercise and he can now actually curl up into a ball on the sofa.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarfax/9629759523/

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Awww he's lovely Lady C. I wish we could have pets sometimes. :(

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I'm so sorry, I didn't read about Mabel before now. It made me sad even though I've never even met her. I remember you choosing a name for her, and the pictures descriptions and videos. My condolences.

Love the pictures of the Moog! He looks like a such a jolly fella :) Please post more, I can never be bored by dog-talk!

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

we did a family visit to the dogs home yesterday, we know  the staff who cared for him were very fond of him so we thought they would like an update.

we were not  sure who would be on the desk or available to come and say hi to him so we also wrote them a little letter and included some pictures... all dogs home work ground to a halt so his 'doggy jail' carers could come and say hello, they were so pleased to see him and couldn't believe he was looking so fit and happy. (he remembered everybody there and gave them a happy staffie dance to show how grateful he was for every ones help.)

they told us that everybody says they will keep in touch when they re-home a dog from there and they get the occasional letter or picture to say thanks, but being able to actually see their old charges in the flesh was a real treat. biggrin apparently his story is  going in the next newsletter from the home.

we also took him to a little, quiet festival a couple of weeks ago (one organised by the horse drawn camp) as his first taste of party life (noise, lots of inebriated people, dogs everywhere, kids all over the place and lots and lots of horses)

he was a bit overawed at first but trip's an international party dog with lots of experience so she was showing him the ropes and letting him know there was nothing to worry about even if you are surrounded by site dogs. (he made a new friend by the end of the weekend, a little brindle english bull terrier called 'strumpet') ...he now thinks that every time you get in the truck you must be going to another party. lol.

6am walk around site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarfax/9817960116/

sulking because he can't just play with strumpet all day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarfax/9818019363/in/photostream/

fast asleep in the truck with trip using him as a pillow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarfax/9817958076/in/photostream/

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The last picture is so adorable! I'm glad you guys had a great time a the festival and I think going back to the dogs home was the sweetest thing to do. You really are a fantastic person, Lady C and Moog is lucky to have found such a great family! :)

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

A picture of my poor baby Spooky who died in may. He was so fucking cute. 

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Aw Florie. This might sound silly but he suited you - I guess it's how they say pets look like their owners? You just made a lovely pair. He was a beautiful little thing. xx

I know some of you have already seen them on Facebook, but these are my new babies. Currently unnamed ratties: http://24.media.tumblr.com/9a1407b1f6794242ebf551b01bd1cbad/tumblr_mtp6jsX1dv1qcosp0o1_1280.jpg

sorry, my ipad won't let me link and it's being too fiddly so I give up. If any mods are around, do the linky linky please? 

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

@ florrie: he was a lovely little chap, you must miss him terribly.

@ wiggles: new babies! saw them on fb, they are awesomely cute.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

you need two things to achieve true happiness... earmuffs, and a selection of beers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladycarfax/10297569333/

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us