Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The Westboro Baptist Church Strike Again.

Regular Crew

Date:
The Westboro Baptist Church Strike Again.

Upon browsing in the internet I came across a news article. A very disturbing one, The westboro baptist church may be picketing and Elizabeth Taylors funeral, because she supported Aids/HIV Research. Following a tweet from Margie phelps, saying "spreadin' the word that #Westboro will picket the funeral or serial-adulterous fag hag RIP Elizabeth Taylor YAY!". 
Have they not done enough really? Although I will like to see her millions of fans reactions.
Also on a side note they appeared on Jeremy Kyle >Linky Loo<
I'm actually speachless.

-- Edited by ToffeeMushroom on Thursday 24th of March 2011 10:12:21 PM

I'm a take my rocket ship to the moon. Like ZOOM~

Lucy xx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I heard about that. Ugh...Don't they have anything better to do? I quite hate them....

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm choosing to ignore the Westboro Baptist Church from now on because they clearly get off on the terrible publicity they cause.

I'd like to believe they'd got bored if everyone started ignoring them but sadly, I doubt this is the case...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It's rare that I would honestly wish someone to die, but for these people I do. It's absolutely fucking horrific and disgusting, and disturbing - and any other negative adjective you can think of. And I hope they go straight to hell.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

HA!
I know the guy in that Jeremy Kyle link, Andrew who works for LGF. How odd, I didn't know he'd done this, how exciting.
I take comfort in the fact that if there is a hell WBC will burn in it. LOL IRONY.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think they need to go form nice little community compounds like some mormon sects out west away from humanity and shut the fuck up.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Out of interest, did anyone see the Louis Theroux documentary about these people? It was quite interesting to see that although in many respects they lead normal, seemingly happy lives, they put a horrible sort of passion into their filthy protests and teach their children terms like 'faggot' etc when they scarcely even know what that means. The sad thing is, I don't think most of them really believe what they preach- only due to the influence of the main members of the Westboro Baptist church do they cling to these hideous ideas. I think that if these people weren't around to drill the message into their heads like priests at a witch trial they would eventually lose these beliefs.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

We're in 2011 and they still associate Aids and HIV with adultery and homosexuality... wtf? Don't they know that there is million of children living with Aids or HIV? Children don't commit adultery! What the hell is wrong with these people? I don't believe in God but I think by doing such disturbing things in God's name they are the sinners.

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Some people seem to think you can only get AIDs/HIV from gay sex. My best friend, for instance, once turned to me in a geography lesson and asked why so many African children were gay because of how many of them had AIDs/HIV. She seemed bewildered when I told her there were other ways to get it.

Regular Crew

Date:

In my humble opinion, the WBC has practically hated themselves out of relevance. Their outspoken opinions are so preposterous, illogical, and inflammatory that what they say and do is no longer shocking and we should pay them no more attention, as it merely fuels the fire.

Even the KKK has spoken out against their antics. 

In short, WBC = irrelevant, as -everyone- besides themselves disagrees with them.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Like Jimmy said to Cartman in the Breast Cancer Show Ever episode of South Park:

My opinion of them can't get any lower.blankstare

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Uriah wrote:

In my humble opinion, the WBC has practically hated themselves out of relevance. Their outspoken opinions are so preposterous, illogical, and inflammatory that what they say and do is no longer shocking and we should pay them no more attention, as it merely fuels the fire.

Even the KKK has spoken out against their antics. 

In short, WBC = irrelevant, as -everyone- besides themselves disagrees with them.

Alright, you know it's bad when the KKK is speaking out against them when their message is also hate fueled to the core.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

totally disgusting and wrong, i can not say how much id like to slap that woman!

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I've just watched the first part of that Jeremy Kyle show. I'll be watching the other three parts after this.

I knew the WBC were a bunch of evil cunts but I'd never seen them actually speaking before.

The words coming from this woman's mouth are just pure... evil. There really is no other word for it. How can you actually say to someone's face that there son is in hell and she sent him there because he went to war. That is just fucking nonsense. It's just... how can you possibly say that to another human being and with a smile on your face.

I want to promote homosexuality even more now just to piss this woman off. And her daughters are sat there with t-shirts on that say "godhatesfags.com" on them. What goes through their minds? "oh we're going to be on British national television. We've got to spread as much hate as possible." I mean seriously, where is their sense of human decency? I thought the bible was all about loving your fellow man. I thought the bible was primarily about love and how it hurt God to see so much hate in the world. Do they not realise what they are doing?

This is just mind blowing.

I would just love to smack that smirk off of that woman's face.

I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I read an article the other day that actual said studies think they have uncovered what they called something like "the gay chemical" which actually shows scientific proof that homosexuality is actually there from birth. I would love to show that to the daughter who is becoming a nurse and see what she thinks of that. The face that God has made people gay. That it is nothing to do with how they were raised and that it isn't a choice. What would she say to that?

And also a question I would like to put to the mother. What if, and I hope it never does happen because it's a horrible thing, but what what if her son was raped by a man? I don't mean to say that gays are rapists or anything but I would be really interested as to what her views on her son would be after that. Because from what I heard from the Jeremy Kyle thing then he must have disobeyed the word of God and the rape would be his punishment and his condemning to hell.

Any thoughts?

also, what would you ask her?

-- Edited by lollyPOP on Monday 28th of March 2011 10:32:30 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've just watched that video and actually feel physically sick.

One thing I'm sure of, is that if there is a hell, those people are going to be rotting in the deepest pits of it.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

Wow. No words can describe the complete and utter rage right now.

On a decidedly less rage filled note, Elizabeth Taylor was a beautiful woman (who, yes, had her share of public scandles) and should not have her funeral picketed by these disgusting excuses of Christians and humans.

End of.

Click for my Macabre Art/Literature :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Having just watched the most recent documentary with my parents (all three of us sat, shocked speechless, save for the odd furious remark) I simply can't put my disgust for these people into words. I feel the worst for their children, whose minds are being courrpted to think these ugly, malicious thoughts. It's practically a crime.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Regular Crew

Date:

I HATE it when people picket other people's funerals. It really is disgusting.
Don't they have anything better to do then make a point in front of a grieving family saying that their loved one died because they were gay, helped women in a starving nation, or helped support AIDS and HIV research?
It just sickens me. How can people be so cold? I respect their right to speak up, but do they have to go to funerals and do it?

"We sat on the roof in the rain and told tales of our friends who carved their names at the end of the Earth. Then the pigs came and we ran, laughing, through the alleys. The night hid us from the light and judgement of their world, for it really is our city now."

Honoured Mook

Date:

Static Mud, I totally agree, no matter what your message is, a funeral is neither the time nor place to shout it out. A funeral is for the grieving family to say goodbye to their loved one.

I may have gotten confused, but I believe that an American man is suing the WBC after they picketed his son's funeral. The son died in Iraq I think and they used his funeral to protest about how 'God hates fags'.
Disgusting.

It can't rain all the time...

my blog

facebook

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Just a point, Elizabeth Taylor had converted to Judaism so her funeral was held extremely quickly after her passing, and was a very private, quiet affair. No doubt their aims to picket her funeral were expressed after her funeral had taken place, and even if they didn't they wouldn't have had a clue as to when are where it was held. Very much unlike Michael Jackson's funeral, which was highly publicised and planned.

-- Edited by Picklechops on Monday 4th of April 2011 11:25:09 AM

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

Honoured Mook

Date:

loserbuttercup wrote:

I'm choosing to ignore the Westboro Baptist Church from now on because they clearly get off on the terrible publicity they cause.

I'd like to believe they'd got bored if everyone started ignoring them but sadly, I doubt this is the case...

I SO agree.

They are a VERY small group of bigotted faschists with a totally skewed view and interpretation of the Bible, who thrive on the oxygen of publicity. They are best ignored and treated with the contempt they deserve.

"Love your neighbour" . . . 

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ Am in two minds about ignoring the WBC, its what I was always told to do with bullies as a kid (didn't work then either). Validation through silence actually happens, "first they came for the Jews and I did not speak up because I was not a Jew". I think what documentaries like Louis Theroux's most recent one show a beautiful backlash in counter picketing... that is what the public need, to see people standing up to them.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I think that ignoring only works if everyone does it, but obviously you can't make everyone, so it will continue in the same fashion until either that happens or til someone makes them see sense.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Honoured Mook

Date:

It's all the hatred for them that makes them famous. They thrive on fame, even if it's bad. I don't get their goal here. I always roll my eyes at them.

"Wanna do something fun? Wanna go to honeydukes?" "I can't go to honeydukes, i'm on a no sugar diet. GOD HERMIONE YOU'RE SO STUPID!"

Honoured Mook

Date:

I know this link is dated by a year. But like, ugh. I don't even know why people have her on their shows. If i was tyra, i'd be like. "nahh you can't go on my show." Here

"Wanna do something fun? Wanna go to honeydukes?" "I can't go to honeydukes, i'm on a no sugar diet. GOD HERMIONE YOU'RE SO STUPID!"

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Two years, but never mind :) They're great publicity, so I guess people are quite happy to put them on their shows and have a go at them. The WBC are so hated, anyone who attacks them gets a little more popular.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It seems to me like the WB Church is starting to dissipate somewhat; many of the younger members are leaving and the ones that do remain seem to be wavering in their beliefs. Of course, there are still a lot of hard core members, and the core of the church is still fairly strong, but I don't think they have as quite as much power as they used to. I think it might have something to do with people's changing attitudes in regard to acceptance and religion; the latter has become less pronounced whereas the former has become a much greater priority for people. I'm quite relived. It's shocking that such displays of vulgarity are still allowed simply because of free speech.

Regular Crew

Date:

I really don't like them.. they are very disrespectful and very extreme..it makes people NOT want to be Christians.. :/ I honestly don't know what their problem is . I saw a video on Youtube of the Phelps, they had an older daughter who left their family because she didn't agree with their ways and even her little brothers and sisters were saying stuff that little kids normally wouldn't say.(Those poor things were brainwashed..) Not only that but they have two other videos, one is a song titled "God Hates The World" '-'... with little kids singing in it and at the end there was this little girl who was like maybe 2 ...and there is another video it's about 20 minutes long; also on Youtube; it was something like things God h8s .. they ripped of of another campaign It's sad...... 

-- Edited by rigormortisgirl on Thursday 12th of May 2011 02:53:20 PM

My sun sign is Virgo, Moon sign is Aries.If you know astrology,you do the math.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I am just watching them on Jeremy Kyle on the telly right now! I have never been so disgusted and revolted by another human being. How can people like that even exist in this day and age??? Its horendous...

Regular Crew

Date:

Paddy_Kitten wrote:

I am just watching them on Jeremy Kyle on the telly right now! I have never been so disgusted and revolted by another human being. How can people like that even exist in this day and age??? Its horendous...

The funny thing is that they say that America is evil;they don't just stop there, they say that everyone in the world is going to hell but them I just quite don't understand why they won't move away to another planet if that is the case lol 

My sun sign is Virgo, Moon sign is Aries.If you know astrology,you do the math.

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us