Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Confessing fashion lusts.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
RE: Confessing fashion lusts.

I've wanted a pair of New Rocks for as long as I can remember but now I'm really determined to save up for them. Probably these, or maybe even these

Pony Frenzy

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

^From my own experience, New Rocks are well worth saving up for. Mine (3 inch platform boots) are the comfiest shoes I have EVER worn. Plus, I have had them for several years now, and wear them most days and they do not look half as worn as they should!

I really like pinafores at the moment. Can't find one thats very 'me' though.. may have to invest in some fabric.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^Thanks for the tips! They don't look particularly comfy to be honest, but then again, neither did my beloved Steels at first! :)

Pony Frenzy

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^They're a bitch to break in, but after that they're wonerfully comfy.
Although after having one of my pairs for about 5 years (wearing them almost everyday for 3 years, then pretty frequently for 2 more), they're starting to give me blisters again, due to the inside sole wearing away in places leaving holes in the centre of the heel, which cause friction with my feet if I walk in them for too long. But I'm hoping a decent pair of insoles'll sort that out.

Cut Out And Keep

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This is not my usual style, but so cute! The pink/purple version.

Honoured Mook

Date:

^All the cyberdog everything. I'm particularly lusting over their protection leggings, mesh cage tunics, and neon protonic pants at the moment, and any and all of the metalic/shiny/wetlook stuff.. But basically I want it all.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

ive been messing around with a lot of extensions recently (even though my hair is super long an thick) i just love big hair! plus i want rainbow extensions

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Regular Crew

Date:

These shoes o.o 

oh looky a blog~ 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I really want this awesome play suit. and GLITTERY JEANS! 

-- Edited by Florie on Wednesday 8th of May 2013 12:54:24 AM

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Honoured Mook

Date:

I really want some Barry M Glitter dust so I can attempt to copy this make up look. I probably won't get anywhere near, but I love sparkly eyeshadows :)

Facebook

and a Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

LIVE, THREAD, LIVE!

... I want this TokidokixJapanLA dress. So colourful and fun!

Regular Crew

Date:

maybe a bit of a random one but im really into jewellery made out of musical instuments or spare parts of them.I saw some fancy violin pegs i wanted to make into a necklace, but they were damn expensive...

Baby Mook

Date:

I don't know why, but I really want this Innocent dress and I can't explain it! It's not my usual style at all.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've just asked my partner (and now apparent sugardaddy?) for this.

I've been lusting after all sorts of dresses with that blue and green tartan pattern on for a couple of years but recently I barely wear dresses - this is so cute and I'm likely to wear it ALL. THE. TIME.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm obsessed with these shoes... So out of my price range but eh....

http://www.dollskill.com/glissade-ballerina-wedges.html

Me: (in car with boyfriend, sighs wistfully)

Boyfriend: What?

Me: It's these shoes...

Boyfriend: What, the doc martens with embroidered roses?

Me: No...

Boyfriend:...

Me: It's these shoes... Doe Deere has them and they have little spinning ballerinas in the soles...

Boyfriend: Why?

Me: They're princess shoes... I want them so much...

Sparkly vintage faerie princess most high

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm currently salivating over this Killstar jacket:

https://www.katesclothing.co.uk/killstar-ragnarok-faux-fur-biker-jacket.html

I miss the comfort in being sad

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Yay! Such an awesome thread to resurrect! Tbh I've been cheating on fashion with homeware etc but I've been really wanting one of the spray painted denim jackets in the new simply be campaign, I would love to customize my own but it's difficult to find a good plus size one

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yesssssss great classic thread. Weirdly enough, I've become obsessed with Uniqlo in the last few weeks. They've never been a brand that has captured my imagination, but the recent collaboration with Marimekko was just so colourful and fun, and I've ended up buying some of their bras because they are the most comfortable thing in existence, and lots of cardigans, because they are cheap but merino wool. I've been living in this dress <link>http://www.uniqlo.com/my/store/women-marimekko-sleeveless-dress-4083340006.html</link>

(excuse shoddy linking, can't highlight as broken trackpad) for the last month, which is normally totally not my style (I go for a defined waistline, and don't wear prints with white or black backgrounds generally) but it's is so comfortable and practical and generally brilliant and everyone needs a dress this versatile that allows you to win a taco eating contest and shoplift some melons whilst looking great.

-- Edited by sassafras on Sunday 15th of April 2018 05:10:02 PM

-- Edited by sassafras on Sunday 15th of April 2018 05:11:40 PM

-- Edited by sassafras on Sunday 15th of April 2018 05:12:02 PM

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Charlie, that dress is my new fashion lust, and it's not my usual style either. I tend to wear a plain t-shirt and jeans, and when I do wear dresses they usually resemble sacks, but I've been thinking recently that I ought to update my wardrobe and wear something fun that won't make me feel like a seventeenth century peasant when the warmer weather arrives.

-- Edited by cowl on Sunday 15th of April 2018 09:07:48 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Cowl do iiiiiiiiiiit! So comfortable! So colourful! Appropriate for every occasion! No zips! Huge pockets! I love it.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

THESE SHOES!!! I'm finding it hard to stop thinking about them tbh, i'm tempted to see if i can get them for my birthday if i get nothing else and pay some towards them. I have technically enough to buy them but i'm going away soon so really shouldnt Argh. Also they cost 3/4 of the month i get per month... I've wanted a pair of Fluevog Swordfish shoes for years too. Fuck, i'm a bit in love 

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

^ The tips on those shoes, I LOVE THEM!

My current fashion lusts are more a feel than a specific item:

Mountaineering gear (it's a little weird but whenever I see people wearing walking shoes I feel like nodding sagely to them and saying "ah yes, my dearest unknown friend, you *understand* the weather. I blame it on last year's trip to Iceland and some recent hikes through the mountains and woods.)

Looks that I view as somewhere between gothic, cyber and business boardroom. Lots of black in materials that are lovely to the touch, with clean lines.

I used to always wear silver but now I'm drawn to brass and bronze, and kind of chainmail accessories - stuff that's big and simple but full of texture.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

«First  <  15 6 7 | Page of 7  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us