Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What is the most disturbing film you have ever seen?

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: What is the most disturbing film you have ever seen?

'The Descent', I am scarred for life.

"You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club"
Jack London

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

The most creepy and disturbing films i've seen are The Evil Dead, Re-animator, Stephen kings IT, Pet Semetary by Stephen King, Children shouldn't play with dead things, The Toxic Avenger, Basket Case, Teeth, The Class of Nuke em High, The Fly, The Thing, The Shining, Childsplay and most recently Insidious.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ The Fly (1986) was pretty hard to watch when you started to see the fly traits set in. I do love the 1958 original as well.

-- Edited by MarshmallowNoise on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 06:34:00 PM

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^The 1958 ending was rather disturbing,but classic.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Regular Crew

Date:

i only watched 15 minutes of it before turing it off its called Slautered vomit dolls and i guess that is the first vidieo of a trilogy it was on netflix so i thought it cant be that bad but it was very disturbing

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Slautered Vomit Dolls? Jesus fucks that sounds... extreme xD

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Is it about slaughtering dolls made of puke by any chance?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I've just found a brief synopsis of the film which says :"The gruesome tapestry of psychological manifestations of a nineteen year old bulimic runaway stripper - turned prostitute named Angela Aberdeen; as she descends into a hellish pit of Satanic nightmares and hallucinations."

Sounds like something a twelve year old might write in an effort to be edgy. It certainly ticked all the cliched background boxes.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Regular Crew

Date:

MarshmallowNoise wrote:

The Last House on the Left: I'm a fan of Wes Craven with films like A Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream but nothing prepared me for The Last House on the Left. This film was very sadistic and violent what with the rape and murder scenes. It was said that the scenes even disturbed the actors and crew during filming. This particular film made me sick and even though its been years since I last saw it, every now and again I find myself thinking about it.

-- Edited by MarshmallowNoise on Thursday 27th of January 2011 11:04:05 PM

I was going to say exactly that. The rape scene was horrific. And when her parents first saw her after what had happened. I have never been so happy to see a character die as when that rapist was killed. disbelief Bleurgh.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I watched a film called The Carnival of Souls the other day, and old black and white film which was surprisingly creepy. The atmosphere just built up and got more and more horrible, with this hideous carnival/organ music constantly playing until you don't know whether it's simply background music or if the protagonist can hear it too. It's really, really spooky, in an odd way.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Regular Crew

Date:

7 days

Its was a french film about two parents who loose their daughter to a pedophile. Its a very graphic film and darker than Lady vengence. I don't think I could watch it ever again.
So those of you who have seen it, I sympathize. Those of you who will watch it - you have been warned.

:]

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Lady Misery wrote:

I watched a film called The Carnival of Souls the other day, and old black and white film which was surprisingly creepy. The atmosphere just built up and got more and more horrible, with this hideous carnival/organ music constantly playing until you don't know whether it's simply background music or if the protagonist can hear it too. It's really, really spooky, in an odd way.

I have this movie and I freakin' love it! Like Lady Misery pointed out there is something a bit unnerving and for the most part subtle about this film. I actually started to panic with the character Mary as the mood continued to grow more or more creepy and tense. My favorite scenes were when a tranced Mary played the organ and the dancing ghouls.

-- Edited by MarshmallowNoise on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 01:20:54 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Sounds interesting ; wonder if YT has it?

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Regular Crew

Date:

The Strangers still freaks me out too... and you know, there's a sequel in the works...

And the less said about Human Centipede the better!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/QueenVictoriana <- Have a look :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

skgogosfan wrote:

^Sounds interesting ; wonder if YT has it?

Dave.

Unfortunately they only have a few clips. If you really want to see it I can mail it to you. The dvd comes with 3 other horror classic movies (2 on each side) because it came in a pack (50 horror classics total) pm me if you want this movie. (=

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thanks for the offer,but it's ok,I don't want to put you to any trouble or expense. :) I don't have a dvd player either,so YT will be fine.

Dave.

Bee

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Black Swan left me feeling very disturbed, not sure why really...as did Pan's Labyrinth (Oh how I love that film).
Donnie Darko too, I guess...there's loads I can't remember the names of anymore :/

Bee.gif

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm not very adventurous when it comes to film watching, so the most disturbing film I've ever seen is probably The Butterfly Effect. Some of that's just nasty.

You say you want to live in the darkness?
~ Tumblr! ~

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Last night I watch The Midnight Meat Train for the first time. Visually, it was actually stunning. They captured the gritty, grey feel of the city perfectly, adding key splashes of colour here and there in a manner I really love in film. The gore effects were brilliantly over the top CGI, but again the colours were gorgeous and I think the fact it was so unbelievable created the feeling that surely nothing so horrible could happen in real life in an ordinary town... yet it could.

The idea of a serial killer who attacks train passengers so they can be made into meat for an ancient lizard people is just awful, but what I found most unsettling about it was the way the main character is sucked into his photography, shooting the darkest aspects of human nature. It reminded me of the photograph of the starving living girl watched over by a vulture- the photographer is the true sadist, for rather than intervening he simply stood coldly by and documented the event. However, this idea is turned on its head in The Meat Train as the character uses his photographs to save others.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Sounds like a mash-up of "Mimic" [only with lizards,not giant moths] and the infamous "Peeping Tom".

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Ooh, Peeping Tom- I love that film!

Anyway, to clear it up, I meant the story line was awful in a frightening sense, not that it was a bad concept. I really like the original short story of The Midnight Meat Train; if anything the main character in that is even more twisted and deprived than the killer. He hears noises in the train carriage next to him, thinks it might be a rape, and peeks in so that he can watch. He got a bit of a shock when he saw what was really happening! I can see why they made the film's protagonist a nicer character...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Would have put this in the Activism thread but didn't want to make a new topic, as I don't have much to say. It's disturbing but also very moving, it's called The Cutting Tradition and it's a documentary on female genital mutilation.

Clockbox does an edit: TRIGGER WARNINGS obviously!

-- Edited by clockbox on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 06:36:01 PM

Regular Crew

Date:

Recently watched a film called Martyrs came out in 2008. Jeesh that film was creepy and disturbing but definatly one to watch! biggrin

Honoured Mook

Date:

I love Martyrs! (If it can be loved??) Anyway, I wrote a massive essay one it last year. The French do horror so well.

Eccentric Blue Haired Ecdysiast & Self Professed Dildo Nerd

Answers to Daisy or Little Spoon :) x

Baby Mook

Date:

Check this out Rec. Spanish horror film from last year. Very very good, very very frightening...really

Honoured Mook

Date:

Black Swan. Its basically a ballerina who goes insane and becomes evil. Not so much scary as gross, but the outcome is still the same. "AAAaaaaaarrgghhhhh! Ew ew ew ew ew!" :)

Baby Mook

Date:

Eden Lake was really disturbing because it's so real in the way of youths harrassing and attacking people filming it on their phones. One part where someone gets set on fire was the most disturbing part. I will not be watching that again. Lol.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Gummo, Kids, and Bully! All three are very good and I suggest that everyone watch them! :D
I love this thread I'm going to write down all the movies so I can watch them all. lol

POOTER!

Regular Crew

Date:

probably 8mm. couldnt actually finish watching it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It's not out yet but I'm super psyched for We Need To Talk About Kevin. Also I have a feeling that because of my Dumas fangirl tendencies, the new adaption of The Three Musketeers might be the most disturbing film ever released.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 710  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us