Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What is the most disturbing film you have ever seen?

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: What is the most disturbing film you have ever seen?

The Descent 2005 is really disturbing! I don't really care about the beasts and how they look like. 

I think is the concept of keeping going down with no way of escape that is truly disturbing. There is no way of getting out!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Anything with peoples' insides spilling out I find disturbing...I'm so squeamish! disbelief

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Clockwork Orange and Human Centepied. ;D

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I saw that and enjoyed it very much! It didn't really have a lasting impression on me, fear-wise, but it was enjoyable all the same.

I saw Antichrist for the first time yesterday, and it's been lingering on my mind ever since. I think Her descent into madness was much more unsettling than the violent scenes, particularly Her fear of nature. If you think about it, nature is a frightening thing, especially since it resides within us, making it impossible to avoid.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Most films that David Lynch makes freak me out. The scene in Blue Velvet where Dennis Hopper did his weird thing to Isabella Rossellini while Kyle Mac Lachlan hid and watched from the cupboard was scary as hell. Also Eraserhead can be deeply disturbing, even if it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

The night

Hath been to me a more familiar face

Than that of man; and in her starry shade

Of dim and solitary loveliness 

I learned the language of another world.

Regular Crew

Date:

Lady Misery wrote:

^ I saw that and enjoyed it very much! It didn't really have a lasting impression on me, fear-wise, but it was enjoyable all the same.

I saw Antichrist for the first time yesterday, and it's been lingering on my mind ever since. I think Her descent into madness was much more unsettling than the violent scenes, particularly Her fear of nature. If you think about it, nature is a frightening thing, especially since it resides within us, making it impossible to avoid.

Chaos...REIGNS!.

Sucha freaky movie

Honoured Mook

Date:

I never get disturbed by horror, gore, monsters or ghosts as no doubt my friends would describe me as a regular woodland dwelling horror story all of my own. I remember nearly wetting myself and laughing my head off at the original Evil Dead and such like, but didn't like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre as it seemed a little too real
(I live in the country though). I remember watching the pre Blair Witch Project hype on line, where the film was marketed as a real life event which was utter genius. A lot of people thought it was rubbish (it was made for about $30.000 which in film terms is nothing so no cgi and monsters) but for someone who spends a lot of time in woodlands, this film made me very uncomfortable. It's all in the mind and the perception of each individual, rather like ghost stories on the radio...the imagination creates the real monsters.

-- Edited by angelvixen on Monday 11th of April 2011 09:10:21 PM

The night

Hath been to me a more familiar face

Than that of man; and in her starry shade

Of dim and solitary loveliness 

I learned the language of another world.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Lady Misery wrote:

I think it is interesting how people interpret this film. The fear of nature in this film didn't resonate with me much at all (perhaps because I've been exposed to bugs and rot and slaughtered animals from an early age), I don't find nature frightening. What I thought scary was the human beings' lack of understanding and how horrid things become when that incomprehension turns into violent acts of imposing order upon nature. For example how she forced the shoes upon her son, making his little feet deformed...

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The Twilight Zone The Movie. The actual movie is far from scary but it's what happened behind the scenes that makes the first segment (Time Out) very difficult to watch. The main actor in the segment, Vic Morrow, and two child actors Myca Dinh Le and Renee Shin-Yi Chen died in a helicopter accident. The helicopter crashed on the three actors decapitating Morrow and Myca while Renee was impaled by a skid. They all died instantly.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Honoured Mook

Date:

Sara sunshine. Witth you chick.

Clockwork orange is disturbing in a good way and the OST is brilliant.
Human Centipede...hmmm. I think the german guy was a brilliant actor. (Method actors usually are)
I think the women weren't a good representation of good acting. It was a case of who could handle the role. But yeah, not a great film. But not a bad film.

"Wanna do something fun? Wanna go to honeydukes?" "I can't go to honeydukes, i'm on a no sugar diet. GOD HERMIONE YOU'RE SO STUPID!"

Honoured Mook

Date:

I also think that the film based on the book by Ray Bradbury's "There will come soft Rains" is one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen. Anything about post-apocolyptic scenarios frighten the fuck out of me. Only 10 minutes long.

Bradbury is American, but the film is Russian. The language in this film makes it so disturbing. I haven't read the book, i think I definitely will though. In the film it involves a robot that automatically serves a family, the problem is the family isn't there anymore. And the rest of human civilisation is suggestibly not either. I can't even deal with writing this. It's something I really hate imagining happening to us in the future.

Give it a watch, it is interesting as well as disturbing.

-- Edited by tybeany88 on Friday 13th of May 2011 01:43:39 AM

"Wanna do something fun? Wanna go to honeydukes?" "I can't go to honeydukes, i'm on a no sugar diet. GOD HERMIONE YOU'RE SO STUPID!"

Regular Crew

Date:

To date it has to be the human centipede.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I know of the concept behind the human centipede and wonder why anyone would even consider watching it. Enlighten me?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It's so gross it's amazing. I guess.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Honoured Mook

Date:

Echoed nazi experimentation of scientists thinking that if you joined twins together through surgically stitching them together, they would eventually become cojoined. I presume this deranged surgeon though of the same thing.
Hence why he asked at the beginning of the film: "are you sisters?" This wasn't a sexual fantasy, he was mulling over whether his idea would work.

So yes, in that sense. It's very disturbing indeed.

Not as disturbing as "there will come soft rains" that one i posted not long ago.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Tetsuo: Iron Man. Two minutes in and I had to go out for a heavy cigarette with weak knees x_X I also have a feeling The Human Centipede would disturb me. I've never seen it but the idea has given me nightmares >~

This signature is definitely not a horcrux.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Higurashi: When they cry. It's a Japanese videogame and anime series but it's damn disturbing.

Akira isn't really disturbing but many people find the violence in the anime film a bit much and many people find the ending scene a tad uncomfortable to watch.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Raspectre wrote:

I also have a feeling The Human Centipede would disturb me. I've never seen it but the idea has given me nightmares >~

I've seen the trailer for that but would never watch the film, it looks horrible :(

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Spiggy wrote:

It's so gross it's amazing. I guess.

This statement sums it all up beautifullly, The first time I ever heard of The Human Centipede I was absolutely destroyed by it. I couldn't stop thnking about it, I felt sick to my stomach, all of that and more. It seemed so disturbing, so horrific... and yet it only took a few weeks for me to be desensitized to the idea of it and even find the whole thing pretty hilarious. I mean, there are much worse films out there. Much worse. I once heard of something called Maskhead involving a nail studded dildo... ugh. I won't even go there.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Apparently they're doing a sequel that has a 12-person centipede. Yeah, try getting your head around that.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Distortion wrote:

Apparently they're doing a sequel that has a 12-person centipede. Yeah, try getting your head around that.

D::::::::: ... 

My first thought was "oh noes, I feel sick"

But after I thought, wouldn't that be bordering on the utterly ridiculous? xD

My old media teacher at college was really into strange films, but the Takashii Miike film Visitor Q really disturbed him.... it must have been the breast milk wee bit... 

Speaking of Japanese films, I can't say Audition didn't make me whimper like a little bitch D:. 

I find with the famous scary or disturbing films, you know all the worst parts from word of mouth before hand so it's not as bad when you watch it. For example, the Shining wasn't as bad for me after watching the Simpsons piss take, but my dad still can't watch it xD.

Oh, I don't know why nobody has mentioned WATERSHIP DOWN yet o_O

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Oh God, I saw a clip of that on the 100 Greatest Kids Films' countdown and the fight scene with the General looked horrific! How could they not think children wouldn't be disturbed by blood flecked rabbits ripping the shit out of each other? My brother was scared of the scene where Snow White runs through the woods in 'Snow White', for God's sake! Still, kids are all different, I suppose. I used to get spooked by talks and videos shown to us by the Fire Department, and the bees in Winnie the Pooh made me feel physically sick. No, I don't know why. I just don't like bees. I wasn't a fan of the heffalumps and weezels either, to be honest.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

With you all the way on Watership Down, it was bloody terrifying :(

So are lots of other people, by the looks of it!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Rightly so. It was terrifying! It's funny how many kid's cartoons can get away with scary scenes. Just look at how many people were scarred by the pink elephant bit in Dumbo!

-- Edited by Lady Misery on Sunday 22nd of May 2011 10:48:05 AM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I can't believe I forgot to mention Eraserhead! It's like the darkest nightmare and even though I can't quite explain why it's so scary, it always has me shivering/crying/feeling ill. I also can't explain why it's one of my favourite films. But truly, it's David Lynch at his best.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Guinea Pig 2: The Flower of Flesh and Blood, from the Japanse gore horror Guinea Pig series, made in the 1980s and 1990s.

It's only about an hour long, and despite the fact it shows horrific violence (dismemberment and disembowellment of a living woman takes up three quarters of the film) the girl is 'drugged' and so there's not any screaming or pleading, which is really the bit that would have upset me the most.

But the idea was to make a film that essentially mimicked a snuff movie, purportedly based on a real snuff movie (yeah right) that the director himself had seen. I just don't think it's a very intelligent creative reaction, in fact I find it tasteless and disrespectful.

It's available on youtube but I'm not linking it because honestly, why would anyone want to watch it. (Except me, because I'm stupidly curious, and then I was angry for days.)

Regular Crew

Date:

ok, i'm aware that this is going to sound really stupid, BUT, did anyone see that really awful horror movie that was on TV a few weeks ago. I think it was called 'The Dentist'. The acting was awful, but omg it freaked me the hell out. I always have dreams of my teeth falling out, so maybe it was that that did it O_O

~ it's not about tenements and needles ~

Spirit and Science - The experiments of a totally fake psychic

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

tybeany88 wrote:

I also think that the film based on the book by Ray Bradbury's "There will come soft Rains" is one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen. Anything about post-apocolyptic scenarios frighten the fuck out of me. Only 10 minutes long.

Bradbury is American, but the film is Russian. The language in this film makes it so disturbing. I haven't read the book, i think I definitely will though. In the film it involves a robot that automatically serves a family, the problem is the family isn't there anymore. And the rest of human civilisation is suggestibly not either. I can't even deal with writing this. It's something I really hate imagining happening to us in the future.

Give it a watch, it is interesting as well as disturbing.

-- Edited by tybeany88 on Friday 13th of May 2011 01:43:39 AM

I didn't think that one was too bad ; creepy drunken robot voice though. There are more depressing post-apocalypse films,"Threads" is one [a factual BBC drama based on Sheffield being nuked,but it isn't absolute bleakness because although civilization reverts to medieval times,people survive],but the worst one is "When the Wind Blows",a cartoon about the aftermath,and which you couldn't pay me enough to watch again. It's relentlessly bleak and depressing,and although it must have been ten years since I saw it,it still makes me want to cry whenever I remember it. Nasty stuff.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Oh good god, I couldn't even finish "Threads"... so depressing -_-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Arghhhh, Rowan mentioned Threads a few pages back, so I was curious and Youtubed the shit out of it, and was upset for days afterwards :( Mostly because it's just so fucking depressing and how realistic they somehow made it, and partly because I was watching the city I live in be blown up...ohh :(

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us