Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Music you work to

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:
RE: Music you work to

I love Elliott Smith, but his songs are too full of poetry for me to not just tune right into that, instead of thinking about my work! I think they are VERY wordy, if you ask me!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Regular Crew

Date:

Oh, I definitely agree. Wordy, for sure. Tha's why I added the "generally." Haha. I just find that his melodies are relaxing and can set me at a decent pace working, and work doesn't always require intense concentration. It's good to listen to him while just working on an essay or painting, drawing, writing, or if you have a simple assignment like looking up vocabulary or the likes. 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I can only listen to instrumentals while I'm working otherwise I end up singing along and generally making a prat out of myself when I should be doing an essay. So Emilie Autumn's Laced/Unlaced usually does the trick. As far as art goes, I usually like to be really psyched up so will put on the Dresden Dolls or something that makes me feel a little bit mad.

The other day I made the mistake of listening to the Repo soundtrack in the art room. I ended up resisting the urge to pick up a glue gun and be like "ZYDRATE COMES IN A LITTLE GLASS VIAL!"

-- Edited by xXImmiXx on Thursday 24th of March 2011 12:54:47 AM

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I started listening to Go With The Flow by Queens of the Stone Age and ended up drawing sperm all over my physics work. Hmmm.

I will listen to anything or nothing whilst working. I normally end up not listening to it anyway, so I don't know why I bother.

I'm quite liking Nero's dubstep remixes at the moment, despite the fact that I usually avoid dubstep like I avoid clichés and the plague. My favourite is the Boy Crisis Dressed to Digress remix. I'm surprised I get any work done because I spend all my time giggling at the line, "Pass the string beans."

-- Edited by mikimetchi on Thursday 24th of March 2011 01:17:41 AM

I am a socialite, an artist, a poet.

Lady Moustache of Mooky

Regular Crew

Date:

Mostly my girl Cybo, even though some of the songs bring me to tears, XD..... http://last.fm/music/Cybo

-- Edited by FrenzyJam on Thursday 24th of March 2011 01:29:38 AM

Find your passion, only the heart knows how to find what is precious

- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Honoured Mook

Date:

I honestly say a lot of things. I usually assign it to a subject as i do six of them at the moment.

If it's Maths it's mainly: Tool, Deftones, Nine Inch Nails
English: Bikini Kill, Converge, Letlive, Misfits, Nirvana, Radiohead
Chemistry/Biology: God is an Astronaut, Explosions in the Sky, Scientist, Sharks Keep Moving, If these Trees could talk, This will destroy you, Amon Tobin.
Psychology: Agent Orange, GBH, Behemoth, Bikini Kill (again), The Black Keys, The Cramps, The Doors.
Spanish: Surprisingly, nothing spanish. The only Latin thing i have is "Santana" haha. and... Ricky Martin? :P

Obviously i listen to loads of other things, but i put different playlists on my itunes of what i want to listen to while revising stuff. But if i want to listen to Misfits while I do Psychology. it happens. haha

The one thing i NEVER try to do, is listen to a film soundtrack while revising. It will be like 20% revision 80% Sweeney todd in your head.

"Wanna do something fun? Wanna go to honeydukes?" "I can't go to honeydukes, i'm on a no sugar diet. GOD HERMIONE YOU'RE SO STUPID!"

Regular Crew

Date:

I tend to work really well with punk rock

"You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club"
Jack London

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I always play either I:Scintilla or Innerpartysystem when I do my homework, for some reason.

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Regular Crew

Date:

I usually put Classic FM on, I love classical music and I find music with lyrics distracts my concentration!

"It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms further ... And one fine morning - So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." F.Scott Fitzgerald

My tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I can't work to music cry I get too distracted!

-- Edited by PandaPrincess on Monday 2nd of May 2011 06:50:51 AM

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I quite often watch films while im doing homework! If i get bored i find it really really hard to get on with things! Like today I watched the rocky horror picture show while doing science homework. Last time i watched Sweeney Todd.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ You have good movie taste.
Silence is good for me, unfortunately silence is very hard to come by and when it is silent I take a while to be absorbed by my work. Best is any music that stays at about the same volume. Usually though it's just my ipod on shuffle though.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The Death Note Soundtrack. The epic music from the soundtrack helps me get to work and stay working. I apologize for my geekiness. 

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I'd get fuck-all done in academics without dear old Johnny Cash. Although some topics require other music for some reason. When I wrote an analysis of an exhibition in the national gallery before Christmas Solefald did the trick.

I thoroughly hated school exams and the supposed quiet. The small sounds of shuffled papers, people eating and drinking, scraping of chairs, going of doors drove me absolutely bonkers, I can not concentrate under such circumstances! I'm SO happy to be sufficiently far up in the education system to not have to suffer through another one of those ever again.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm currently writing to the sound of Shostakovich's Piano Trio No. 2 in E minor, Op. 67: Allegretto, but, then again, I am writing an essay about Shostakovich's Piano Trio No. 2 in E minor, Op. 67.

If I'm doing language work, I won't listen to anything because I like to speak in the language as I work, sometimes about what I'm studying.

My studying playlist consists mostly of classical music, or Ravi Shankar. I also tend to listen to M83, The National, Shakira, and Arctic Monkeys, purely because I have a lot of songs by them and don't have to worry about running out of music.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us