Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What Are You Working On Right Now??

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
RE: What Are You Working On Right Now??

I'm doing research for an essay I'm writing about the presentation of Eve in Paradise Lost. It's both horrendously boring and fascinating at the same time. I'm so desperate for it to be a good piece of work!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I should really be working on my Indian head massage case studies....But am really not in the mood for it...will procrastinate and do it tomorrow ^^

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

_cinnamonstars wrote:

Still on the bloody formulas, except now I've moved on to 'Beowulf maþelode, bearn Ecgþowes'. Considering it's probably the best-known formula in Old English I've surprisingly little to say about it.

What does that quote mean?

candiclaus wrote:

Dissertation drafting and researching. I am bored of words such as "technotext", "rhizomatic", and "extranoematic".

Two of those aren't real words,you know. ;)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ It means 'Beowulf, son of Ecgtheow, spoke', and it appears all over the place in Beowulf, mainly in that form but generally as '[so and so] spoke, [some kind of epithet]'. Considering it appears so much there's surprisingly little to say about its meaning: it functions as a kind of crutch, filling metrical space, so it doesn't actually mean very much. I had a lot more fun with 'under wolcnum/heofenum' ['under clouds'/'under the heavens']; there was lots more to say about those.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^I feel very clever now because I sort of know what Annis is talking about (there is a tiny extract from Beowulf in the book I am reading). There's today's achievement

Currently I am figuring out how to rewrite an article from the 1980s about having a baby at the age of 40 so it is more modern.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Honoured Mook

Date:

Two lab reports; one on aspirin dosage in medicines and another on hydrocarbon comparison, finishing off the final draft of my biodiversity essay and getting started on another essay about control and movement in skeletal muscle. I get the feeling this is going to be a busy week.

. Tumblr . Flickr .

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Just finished the 2nd chapter of my OU starting course on Psychology. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would, it's very interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to build it up into a 60 credit course which would mean I'd have a 2nd year university degree by the time I'm 18. I hope.

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Have moved on to defining metonymy. Am having a shit working day today so thought I'd force myself to bash out 500 words and leave it at that for the night, assuming it would take hours. Managed it in 45 minutes and am now wondering whether to continue and feel really mint later or bask in my early finish. Can't decide!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oh dear...should be working on case studies..have been working on them since 7am..so tired.. :(

Honoured Mook

Date:

i'm working on a book comparison of Max Frisch's "Mein Name sei Gantenbein" and Ingeborg Bachmann's "Malina"

TOAST BUSTERS!

i ain't afraid of no toast ;)

Honoured Mook

Date:

A business plan to present on monday :/

Various CACHE units :/

Im tired, Im full of cold and I just plain cannot be arsed :/

Regular Crew

Date:

Working (read: procrastinating) on an essay about the Keep Calm and Carry On poster and modern works that intertextually reference it. I really need to get back to it instead of sitting here; it's due in on Monday, needs to be 2000 words and I have written about 900.

Honoured Mook

Date:

packing for my make-up exam tomorrow, it's rose themed and I wouldn't be Susan if I didn't succeed at making a completely innocent theme into something macabre :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Currently making the posters and flyers for the next exhibition, posters will end up A2 size some of which will be framed......just need to sell some artwork now to pay for it all  poster

The night

Hath been to me a more familiar face

Than that of man; and in her starry shade

Of dim and solitary loveliness 

I learned the language of another world.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

learning two scripts, three monologes, doing my context research, voice research...ain't i the lucky one :)

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

q=mcdeltaT, enthalpy change and halide ion reactions with various reagents.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

An essay about Sylvia Plath's Ariel.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I am so jealous!!!

Still doing the dissertation bollocks.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

Writing a timed comparative analysis of a poem, transcript and newspaper article on football.

It's due in this week and the only days that I am free and my teacher is in college is today and thursday, and I'm really not in the mood.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookface (mod)

Date:

A project on slang terms for 'to play truant'. It's actually really interesting, I bloody love etymologies and finding that things have shared roots. The beautiful little nooks and crannies of the English Language...

Evaluating the phrase 'Cold are the counsels of women' in relation to Icelandic sagas.

Revising things about corpora, research/data collection methods, things about the OED etc.

Keeping Icelandic in my head and improving my translating skillz.

Themes in sagas.

Medieval lyrics/drama.

-- Edited by Antonym on Monday 11th of April 2011 12:31:36 PM

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

I'm about to set myself the challenge of getting 500 words done on this Bloody 'Training within the NHS' report, as I hate it. When I've done that, I might feel like doing more.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have a physiology tutorial where I have to give in-depth answers to 40 questions, of which I have only done 4. I'm also also working on an essay whish only has an introduction to it so far.
Both are due in a week today. Buggeration.

. Tumblr . Flickr .

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I've been working on revision cards smile I spent 2 and a half hours last night completing (cutting and highlighting) revision cards for Ethics smile

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Revision for my summer exams (well, after Easter, so more like spring really). I've surprised myself with how organised I'm being. :O I've made myself a revision timetable and I've just done an hour of maths revision... without procrastinating! =D

Honoured Mook

Date:

- Finishing an RE essay about Islam
- Doing the 7 pages of holiday maths we were supposed to do
- Starting the English project about god know's what
- Revising for Science exams
- Hell, revising for ALL exams :l

I have a tumblr, a twitter, and, most importantly, a neopets account.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm working on a video-art piece for my final art project .... going slowly since my laptop only has windows live movie maker, which is limited at best >.What I wouldnt give for Adobe Pro Premier....

"It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms further ... And one fine morning - So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." F.Scott Fitzgerald

My tumblr

Honoured Mook

Date:

Pre Raphaelite-esk self portrait complete with floor length bright red medieval gown and moody local wooded backdrop

The night

Hath been to me a more familiar face

Than that of man; and in her starry shade

Of dim and solitary loveliness 

I learned the language of another world.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm putting together the bibliography for my dissertation, which is LONG, and as usual regretting I didn't do it as I went along...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm writing notes on WW1 and the rise of Communism in Russia, as well as making a timeline for Romeo and Juliet.

The history bit's actually fascinating. The timeline... not so much.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

'The Purpose of Accounting Within an Organisation'

And then 'International Buisness Strategies.'

Then 'understanding Retailing.

Then I leave college. Bloody hell.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 710  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us