Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What Are You Working On Right Now??

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: What Are You Working On Right Now??

^Hmm,I know of a bassist by that name. Co-incidence,no doubt.

JuniperWoolf wrote:

I'm learning about middle eastern countries. I like Turkey.

Are you gobbling up the information? :p [sorry,that was terrible...]

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Regular Crew

Date:

I have a 36 measure composition due in music theory next Monday, but I lack the inspiration to do it now.
I managed to figure out the key, though.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I should be doing my dissertation, or my women's autobiography essay, or my seminar work for tomorrow, or reading Orlando. The last of those is probably the most pressing, actually. Much as I love reading, though, I feel fraudulent doing a literature module because it seems so self-indulgent to sit down with a book when I've work to do!

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

My 3rd attempt at explaining the dopamine hypothesis as an explanation of Schizophrenia.
I don't even know what I'm writing, seriously.

Biological psychology is BALLS, absolute BALLS.

EDIT: At last, it is finished!

Now to edit my Eng. coursework (yes, the one I complained about for weeks on end) to perfection.

-- Edited by Victoryxx on Monday 7th of March 2011 05:40:13 PM

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I finished reading 'Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises' by Hemingway, last night. Now I have the rest of today to read 'Tender is the Night' by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and start to plan an essay in order to write it tomorrow.

Je deteste ma vie.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm currently doing some heavy-duty brainstorming. I'm meant to write several pieces on the 'imaginative landscape' and the topic is painfully uninspiring. I can't think of a single thing to write on it! I'm going to have to do some serious reading up on other peoples pieces related to the topic... And hope my poor little brain can think of some things to write!

Victoryxx wrote:

My 3rd attempt at explaining the dopamine hypothesis as an explanation of Schizophrenia.
I don't even know what I'm writing, seriously.

Biological psychology is BALLS, absolute BALLS.

Honestly, I'd love to do this! Well, in comparison to what I'm working on at the moment, anyway. I really enjoy psychology - though I haven't looked that much at the biological aspects of it - and I find topics such as schizophrenia, etc. rather interesting. aww

-- Edited by Maeve on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 11:30:39 AM

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^I like learning about the social aspects of it, but the biological side I just can't wrap my head around (ironically).

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I should be doing calculus exercises but I'm really tired and I can't do it. I've studied like a madwoman these last few days and there's nothing more I can do. Tant pis.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Bloody essays always so many fucking essays. :(

Honoured Mook

Date:

I should start revising for my exams in may, and if my results are anything like i think they'll be revising for my resists too. :(

However i'm currently going around my house collecting anything of meaning i can find and sticking it to the wall next to my bed. Much more fun.

Faceebook (:
Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Writing Shakespearian diaries. No, really.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Presentation on iron ore.

I hate chemistry.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I am learning about Japanese pronounciation and grammar in everyday conversation.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Its not for anything educational, but Im in the middle of making a 50's style tea dress :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm currently working on my History personal study (still) and my English coursework where we're transcribing smile

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Writing an abstract for my dissertation topic to present at a conference in a couple of weeks.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Amaranth=Rayne wrote:

English essay (practice for my lit. exam in May; i have a mock next week) comparing how the writers of the proses 'Superman and Paula Brown's New Snowsuit' and 'the End of Something' show characters experiencing loss.

are they still doing them, do you still get the book of prose and poems?!

"I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own!"- mythbusters

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm working on a reader-response paper in which I offer a reading then defend it. I got the first bit done. But I can't do the defending. I just don't understand the theories.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

Civil Law, liability, nuisance and trespassing.

FUN.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Writing an assement on why India is a developing country. Not that challenging, hence why it's boring me out of my brains.

I miss you all deeply but I'm so busy that I never have the free time to post :(

Honoured Mook

Date:

Celtic Mysteria wrote:

Writing Shakespearian diaries. No, really.

That was one of the longest pieces of homework I've ever completed in my entire life. It took 6 pages worth of diary for Miranda, 3 for Caliban and 2 for each of the others. It was utter drivvle and it killed me.

I miss you all deeply but I'm so busy that I never have the free time to post :(

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Researching contemporary theories of depressions, specificially the difference between mourning and melancholia (which takes its cue from Freud's essay of the same name, bloody Freud), for an essay I want to write on Kurt Vonnegut and the process of self-dispersion and reflection as a fictive process.

I've abandoned my essay on Leonora Carrington, which is currently sitting unhappily at 2000 words over the word limit, with no conclusion and no title. I really ought to finish it before I start on Vonnegut but I can't bear it, I just can't bear it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

More gubbins about formulaic construction in Old English poetry and the continual restatement of the mortal nature of humans which is made evident in 'under wolcnum'. Rargh.

Should really be finishing my women's autobiography essay, but every time I look at it I hate it more because I've never written a literature essay and have no idea what kind of job I've made of it.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Adapting The Miller's Tale for film or tv. Oh hai essay joy ;)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Haha isn't it just a matter of "hey, let's take the piss out of Noah and strap ourselves onto tubs on a roof to stop ourselves dying in a flood!" And then everybody wants to be with Allison and she leads them on. Nicholas and Allison end up together, there is some literal arse kissing, he gets his bum branded with a hot poker, and so on?

I am writing about the Arc of Constantine. What larks!

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Dissertation drafting and researching. I am bored of words such as "technotext", "rhizomatic", and "extranoematic".

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hmm, I should be trying to fall asleep so I don't fall asleep at the wheel tomorrow morning.

Holy fuck I have to be up in four hours.

His lips were blue.
Well, I guess they were pink, but they looked blue and I couldn't help but notice how they matched his eyes.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

My English homework, just making preliminary notes comparing three different texts to discuss in class today.
More specifically, finding the bits of paper on which these texts are printed.

Regular Crew

Date:

Writing an essay on criminal appeals within the English system for trials on indictment, quite interesting, better than any other law units covered so dar.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Still on the bloody formulas, except now I've moved on to 'Beowulf maþelode, bearn Ecgþowes'. Considering it's probably the best-known formula in Old English I've surprisingly little to say about it.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us