Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What Are You Working On Right Now??

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:
What Are You Working On Right Now??

A new thread for the study!

Tell us what work you are/should be doing at the moment!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Honoured Mook

Date:

I should be doing work on child development for my teaching, but I did it all in my A Levels. Kids havent changed their ways of developing in the last 4 years right?!

Mookface (mod)

Date:

My current task is revising for a three hour grammar exam (just in case people hadn't picked that up from my posts today, hah!) which is on Monday. After that I have another language exam but this one will be more geared towards analysing a text, and is only two hours long. I can't wait until these are satisfactorily out of the way and I can start reading medieval literature and Icelandic sagas for my new modules this term!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I should be preparing an interview, working on a feature article, doing gig reviews and an album review. But I'm not. :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm currently piecing together a literature review for my dissertation, the topic of which is 'The Effects of Rhetorical Features on Large- and Small-Scale Structures in Old English Poetry'. Not very keen on it still, I'm actually a lot more eager to get onto my Masters dissertation because I know what I want to do! But I digress haha. I've only got 500 more words of wordcount left but it isn't anywhere near finished at the moment.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm writing up my psychology notes on research methods. I will be organised for my summer exams!!

He'll always be there singing songs in my head.

I believe in Sherlock Holmes.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I currently should be doing some more practice questions for my psychology resit, adding to my English coursework on the portrayal of women in Shakespeare/Larkin's work, and preparing for my current sociology and psychology exams. What I actually am doing is typing this and sitting on F explaining to him that I don't want to revise now.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

_cinnamonstars wrote:

I've only got 500 more words of wordcount left but it isn't anywhere near finished at the moment.

I'm sorry, this isn't remotely helpful. But I misread that as 'wordcunt'. Very pithy neologism, I thought.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Wordcunt, the creative womb? :D

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Har, yes! Those words have to come from somewhere :)

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

_cinnamonstars wrote:

^ Wordcunt, the creative womb? :D

The opposite to writer's block... "Hey Josephine, I haven't seen you for a week! Where have you been?" "Working on my book man, I've had wordcunt for days, I'm churning out pages like a madwoman!"

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Bahaha, I nearly sprayed coffee!

I wish I had wordcunt :( Mind you, my creative womb is pretty fertile today, I'm birthing critical evaluations like never before!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I know that I DEFINITELY talk out of my vagina...

I should be doing dissertation research, but today is basically a write-off as I have to unpack.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Honoured Mook

Date:

I've got a list of eleven books that I must read as quickly as possible.

1. Choke by Chuck Palahniuk.

2. Inferno by Dante Alighieri.

3. Notes From Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (ugh...).

4. On The Road by Jack Kerouac (double ugh...).

5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

6. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.

7. Moby Dick by Harman Melville (I'll finally trudge through that chapter on whale breeds).

8. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

9. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

10. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

11. The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

"All is not lost; the unconquerable will, and study of revenge,
Immortal hate, and courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome.
That glory never shall his wrath or might extort from me."

-Lucifer, Paradise Los
t

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I wish I had something academic to add to this, unfortunately working in Costa Coffee does not require much studying. Someday when someone offers me an events job. :) I may have a few things to add when I start working for the council staging events on a casual basis !

That's a lot of books Juniper!

Business or Pleasure?

'Driving My Tea' Since 22.02.2011

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm working on my A-level Maths. Currently revising calculus. Eeeep.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Honoured Mook

Date:

Knives wrote:

That's a lot of books Juniper!

Business or Pleasure?

Well, a challenge actually. I'm supposed to read 11 works by 11 authors that I have never experienced by the end of 2011.

"All is not lost; the unconquerable will, and study of revenge,
Immortal hate, and courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome.
That glory never shall his wrath or might extort from me."

-Lucifer, Paradise Los
t

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm working on my fine art dissertation which has to be completed in 2 weeks. I'm writing it on the relationship between productive and artistic labour and its effects on the value of labour in contemporary sculpture.

Yeah, the title is still a working title :/ I'm actually finding it pretty interesting but reading art theory seems to take three times longer because of constantly needing to look up words I didn't know existed and finding that I've been reading the same line over and over and over and over...

My website! 

http://sarahstockdale.co.uk

Honoured Mook

Date:

another dissertation. Mines on 'How the internet effects the english language'.

I'm currently on chapter 2 without being satisfied with chapter 1...as I write chap 2, I constantly want to change what I've said in chapter one, it's frustrating!

Juniper: Brave new world is a great read, one of my favourite books! I read it last year for my utopia's module and did an essay on it and comparing it to oyrx and crake.

Brave new world reads like a modern piece, even though it's a book from the
1930's, all the concerns highlighted are echoed within current society. It's a great sataire on consumer culture and mass production being the new religion.
It's very relevant to our time.

-- Edited by evilkelsits on Sunday 16th of January 2011 02:45:25 PM

"I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own!"- mythbusters

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

I'm going to be catching up on all my college work after I press post on this.
And it WILL be done for tomorrow.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have about seven chapters of Tacitus to revise for Tuesday, and I'm also meant to be working on my second dissertation chapter. Currently, I don't have a bloody clue what I'm talking about.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm revising for my prelims (taking a break just now). The first one is in 8 days x_x

I saw him too. He had a guitar. He winked at me before he jumped out a fourth floor window like he had wings. 

He winked at you?  [tsk] Musicians. 

Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. 
What are you talking about? 
You heard me rapping, right? 

Honoured Mook

Date:

i should be studying for chemistry and economy, but writing new songs to add to my oh so long list is so much better :) i could record a couple albums with all of them xD

TOAST BUSTERS!

i ain't afraid of no toast ;)

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

I've done three of the eleven things on my 'coursework to be in tomorrow' list. It would be more, but someone decided he had to iron his clothes, right next to where I'm working, and then he had to sit in my seat to eat and grrr. let me get on with it!

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I am working on remembering what I'm supposed to be working on.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm working on my first book. Making a hard copy of it, but I keep finding gaps in it. Getting carried away with my imagination. I should be concentrating on that book first, & not the rest of my 7 other books. no Any thoughts how to find peace, when you get home from work at 21.30?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

JuniperWoolf wrote:

1. Choke by Chuck Palahniuk.

Is a brilliant book. If you've read Fight Club you'll like it, you might notice some similarities too :)

I should be working on a brochure and poster for visual design, and finishing off a few articles for friday. But I'm not. Instead I'm sitting here steadily nomming my way through a packet of love hearts and trying not to think about the state of the bathroom that needs cleaning.

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I am taking a break from revising for my Windows Domain Administration exam which is tomorrow :( I got a pretty high mark in my coursework so I'm not too worried, but I still want to get a good mark!

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Tomorrow and Wednesday will be spent revising for my last exam, a text analysis and comparison.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Some utterly beastly biology questions.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

1 2 310  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us