Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Wiccan for life

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Wiccan for life

AN ESSAY I WROTE GOT A B+ ON IT                               

Wiccan for life

Wicca

Have you ever believed in something that could change your life for the better or had faith in it? Well I did. at the age of fifth teen I had a choice, a choice to forever swirl down the wrong path or the path to find peace and tranquility. Ive tried other solutions in life thinking they would change things, and guess what they didnt. But I came across something I felt strongly about, and the name was Wicca.i started my journey. Wicca changed my life.

September 15 my life changed I decided to dedicate to myself to a natured based religion called Wicca. (I looked at it as a way of life.)I was on the computer and I came across these websites on Wicca. I began to explore on the subject. I completely loved the vibe that I was getting. The deeper I explored the more interested I became.

After that I type into ask.com to see how to become a witch. Paganpretties.com/en was the first link. The site seemed so innocent, beautiful and peaceful. There was so much useful information on what to do before you really really decide to join the craft. After that it suggested that if I wanted to become a Wiccan, then I must study for a year and a day in order to be sure if you want to join, be initiated as a solitary practitioner or initiated into a coven.   

So then I had to make a choice. Although Ive always been into Wicca and the metaphysical, but my parents have always been biased about my interests in Wicca and Goth but I had to fight my interests because they came from a Christian/Jehovah whitness background. At the age of twelve I decided that I was going to begin my studies and practices when I turn thirteen. But at fifteen I officially made a choice and that was to become serious and dedicated to the craft.

My studies

I found plenty of sites on Wicca. I had to use my conscious and my gut to what was true or  not. Somewhere useful but in particular Witchvox. Its the witches voice a Neopagan news/networking on the net since 1997 an advertising free, community driven resource. Very popular among the spiritual seekers, witches, pagans, and shamans etc. there were some sites that offered free spiritual courses, but some were expensive. I would print out and read some of the courses but eventually I branched off and went eclectic.

There were many books that I would like to buy from Amazon. Some were recommended by other wiccans, and so many to keep me preoccupied with knowledge. I own one book. I found it from  Amazon called the witch book. Its the encyclopedia of witchcraft, Wicca, and neopaganism. I also got a lot of resources  and information.

The wicker man, most popular movie among the witches and pagans, I seen it as a part of my studies thought of it as unique and full of suspense.

A friend on Witchvox told me to become a member on this site. It an occult school for 13years or older for people who are willing to commit to the exercises the teachers give you, and to right down your thoughts, opinions, and your spiritual experiences on what youve done. So I signed up but I had to write an essay about myself.

The present

Summer I took two weeks off before I continued my practices watched anything to do with Wicca or paganism. I planned Sabbats( big celebrations in the Wiccan religion) and Esbats (ritual s and appreciations to your deity) on the full moons). I would set up my alter, light my incense and candles. And for it almost being a year I been writing in my B.O.S (Book Of Shadows) I had written the Sabbat celebrations, candle magic(k), planetary hours, moon phase and its power, herbs and some diary entries. Since it been almost a year and a day Ive been planning my rites so that  I can graduate the next degree(a solitary witch).

Yes,  so I believe all of the about  WILL help me have a better life for my and my future sake.

We practice our rite to attune ourselves with the natural rhythms of life forces marked by the phases of the moon and the seasonal quarter and cross quarters. and we believe that we should seek within nature that which is contribury to our health and well being.

The Thirteen Principles of Wiccan Belief 

the pentacle: an earth symbol. Five points representing the elements and the center of all the deity, the spirit.

I dedicate this to my goddesses three of them the maiden , mother, and the crone if it wasnt for them I wouldnt be alive.heart:

-- Edited by ash_orchid on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 06:51:10 PM

-- Edited by ash_orchid on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 06:51:58 PM

-- Edited by ash_orchid on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 06:52:16 PM

-- Edited by ash_orchid on Thursday 4th of November 2010 06:22:20 PM

MY LIFE IZNT THAT HELL

Mookface (mod)

Date:
RE: Wiccan for life this is not about music !!!! its religious!!!!

We already have a number of threads on Wicca, if you use the Search button you might find that others also have something to say about their experiences with it that would be of interest to you :)

Regular Crew

Date:

Hey there

I'm glad you have found a path that works for you. However I think there is something that you might like to bear in mind.

Paganism is made up of a heap of different paths, wicca being one of them. There is also Druidry, Heathenism, and many many other ways to follow this path.

The important thing to remember is it's YOUR path. Unless you specifically want to be in a coven (and no coven should ask you to join them, and certainly not if you are under 18.  You should be expected to approach them) no-one should tell you what you should or shouldn't believe or what you need to do to be considered pagan. Paganism has no doctrine and is not evangelical.

If you do want to be in a coven you should NEVER be asked to do anything you are not completely comfortable with. You should not be expected to perform any sexual acts unless you are absolutely certain you want to.

There are a number of very dodgy covens out there that are run by people that are driven by their ego. These ones will be easy to find. The true covens that are compassionate and loving will be hard to find as they will not advertise themselves.

But, you do not have to be part of a coven to be pagan.

A couple of very good books are "A Witch Alone" by Marion Green and "Hedgewitch" by Rae Beth.

There is a lot of misconceptions about what paganism is. It's not all about spells and rituals, there is much much more to it.

Enjoy your path wherever it takes you, but ALWAYS be true to yourself.

-- Edited by Evurr on Thursday 4th of November 2010 12:40:47 PM

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
RE: Wiccan for life

Evurr wrote:

Hey there

I'm glad you have found a path that works for you. However I think there is something that you might like to bear in mind.

Paganism is made up of a heap of different paths, wicca being one of them. There is also Druidry, Heathenism, and many many other ways to follow this path.

The important thing to remember is it's YOUR path. Unless you specifically want to be in a coven (and no coven should ask you to join them, and certainly not if you are under 18.  You should be expected to approach them) no-one should tell you what you should or shouldn't believe or what you need to do to be considered pagan. Paganism has no doctrine and is not evangelical.

If you do want to be in a coven you should NEVER be asked to do anything you are not completely comfortable with. You should not be expected to perform any sexual acts unless you are absolutely certain you want to.

There are a number of very dodgy covens out there that are run by people that are driven by their ego. These ones will be easy to find. The true covens that are compassionate and loving will be hard to find as they will not advertise themselves.

But, you do not have to be part of a coven to be pagan.

A couple of very good books are "A Witch Alone" by Marion Green and "Hedgewitch" by Rae Beth.

There is a lot of misconceptions about what paganism is. It's not all about spells and rituals, there is much much more to it.

Enjoy your path wherever it takes you, but ALWAYS be true to yourself.

-- Edited by Evurr on Thursday 4th of November 2010 12:40:47 PM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

happy.gif

MY LIFE IZNT THAT HELL

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Don't take this the wrong way, but when I first started reading I thought you were about to start advertising something (that was before you added that it was an essay you had to write). Quite interesting though.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Celtic Mysteria wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but when I first started reading I thought you were about to start advertising something (that was before you added that it was an essay you had to write). Quite interesting though.

jawdrop.gifHAHA REALLY...THATS FINE IM GRAD YOU TOOK INTEREST.

MY LIFE IZNT THAT HELL

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

Hi Ash, thanks for listing all the websites out there that have helped you along your path - that should be pretty useful for other wiccans out there.

Evurr, cheers for a great reply :)

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I'm glad you found a path you loved but please be careful about covens. Does anyone know the easiest way to reach the astral plane? I ask because this priestess told me that you can do spells you learn there with no ingredients.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Marilyn, you've asked this question elsewhere. If you haven't got an answer, we probably don't know. But seeing as you've asked again, I used to find this book was very interesting when I was younger and more interested in Wicca. I've linked you to the kindle edition as you'd probably prefer that. The book itself is presented... interestingly, with uneven pages that are intentionally tattered and, because of that, my copy quickly fell apart from frequent reading. I still have it though (somewhere under lots of sticky tape) and still read it today. I don't know if it has the specific answer you want, but there's a fairly decent bibliography as well that might lead you to the right place. 

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us