Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Mark All As Read Not Working...

Regular Crew

Date:
Mark All As Read Not Working...

Well, it's sort of working. Sort of. But sometimes I mark all as read, then go into a forum and stuff is still marked with red spots for days and days... I've tried clearing my cache, but to no effect. Any ideas what might be causing this mooky mischief.

GG xxx

Glittergoth Alchemy Gothic Jewellery - Discount Alchemy Gothic jewellery and accessories.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I haven't ever felt the need to use this function, so I have no idea how to help you, I am sorry. Magda will know, I am sure. Possibly the 'mark all as read' only works for one section at a time.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Lush Guru

Date:

I didn't even know we HAD this function!! I love marking things read.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

We can do that?! I just jump in and out of the main thread pages to change the dots. It doesn't bother me if individual posts remain unchanged.

You could read them...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I knew we had that button, just never figured why I'd want to use it.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

No, I don't really see its appeal either... I tend to mainly use the 'recent posts' function anyway, and if I want a specific thing, I use the search bar. If you log out and in again, then the posts go back to being unread anyway, so I don't know why you'd use it.

That said, everyone uses the website in a slightly different way. Some people html all of their posts, so you know. Different horses, etc...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I sometimes use it so that it appears I've read all the posts in a category, without actually having to read every single thread ever made. Thereby allowing the pink dots to show me if there is anything new in each category.

But normally I just use the recent posts page.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Lush Guru

Date:

^^That! That's what I do. Plus it looks nicer...

But yeah, I use recent posts now anyway.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Ohhhh I seeeeee! Yeah, I don't do that. :S

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I am thinking when I changed the arrows for polka dots I probably made too many options be a polka dot. The changing of the icons was a little bit head-hurting. I shall have another look!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Regular Crew

Date:

Lol, it's funny to see the different way people use forums. I tend to use the "mark all as read" so I can easily see what's recently been posted. Also, not all forum posts are relevant to my interests, and I don't have time to read them all :D

I'll use the new posts thingy. Thanks guys!

GG xxx

Glittergoth Alchemy Gothic Jewellery - Discount Alchemy Gothic jewellery and accessories.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us