Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: The Weird Can

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
The Weird Can

Well we have a Reasons to be Miserable and a Happy Box. Why not a weird can where we share the odd things that happen to us during the day?

Today, Saxa, Iztel and I were all awakened at exactly 6:30am by bizarre things happening. Mine wa my bed shaking, Saxa's was the garage door going haywire and Iztel's alarm clock had somehow fallen off her windowsill and onto the floor of her dorm. We think we had a mini earthquake, but we're not entirely sure...

-- Edited by ChynaRoze on Friday 22nd of October 2010 02:51:15 AM

Honoured Mook

Date:

Okay, this did not happen during my day, but it indeed hs happened about three months ago.

Death and me were woken up by somebody screaming in the neighbouring house - it started around 2 o'clock and went on until about 5 o'clock. This guy obviously had been in great pain - but still it had been very creepy.

o_O

Eine deutsche Mooky :)

My modeling account (German).

I also got a DeviantArt account. Please feel free to add me :)

Regular Crew

Date:

Not sure my weird thing is really in the same category as yours but hey.

Three weeks ago I saw a guy practising his skiing in the cycle lane near my house. His skiis were on small wheels and he was propelling himself along using those sticks.

0.o And now, he's out every saturday morning practising.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

^That's amazing!

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

There's a guy who has a hawk and flies it in the streets near my house. I see him every Friday evening. Ooh, that mean's I'll see him tonight. Might ask for a picture cos he's now internet famous.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That is more awesome than weird!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

There is a busker in Cambridge who sits INSIDE a bin and plays his guitar and sings. It is very, very strange.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Today, I was walking around school with Antifreeze, and a hobo was trying to get into the front doors. Like, a legit, toothless, scraggly bearded hobo, pounding on the door and holding a cardboard sign. We saw the same dude again at the bus stop.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Darklas wrote:

Not sure my weird thing is really in the same category as yours but hey.

Three weeks ago I saw a guy practising his skiing in the cycle lane near my house. His skiis were on small wheels and he was propelling himself along using those sticks.

0.o And now, he's out every saturday morning practising.

Where I live, this is a perfectly normal sight smile

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

A couple of weeks ago, I went to see Hamlet with my English class. Whilst stood outside the theater, this random guy (We assumed he was drunk) staggered up to my friend and I and asked us whether there was a good play on. My friend was too scared to answer so I replied "Hamlet". He then smiled really strangely and said "Mmmm...Ham-mam-let" before walking off again XD

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

Lush Guru

Date:

Yesterday I saw a guy roller cycling around town. Topless. It's October for goodness' sake!!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Apparently some lady didn't pass her background check after she applied for a job at my work. Her response: 'I didn't think it would show up that fast." What did she do? Strangled a kid.

FAIL.

-- Edited by ChynaRoze on Saturday 23rd of October 2010 09:20:03 PM

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^That's a bit gruesome/creepy...

Cleaned out Mutti's second-cousin's apartment. Found: Three guns, four boxes of ammunition, a book of Catholic catechism, a scapular, two rosaries, eight bibles, nine crucifixes, a jar of moldy mayonnaise, and eighty dollars in change.

So now, we've three guns, four boxes of ammunition and various Catholic items in our car. Ironic.

Honoured Mook

Date:

On my sisters hen night, a guy came upto me and my cousin and asked us 'can i put my cock in your bum?'
We declined!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

On the bus home from NY, there was a man burping for about a half hour straight in the seat behind me...my mum said he scared her and she didn't want to go to sleep in case he tried to murder me.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

MollyMorphine wrote:

^That's a bit gruesome/creepy...

Cleaned out Mutti's second-cousin's apartment. Found: Three guns, four boxes of ammunition, a book of Catholic catechism, a scapular, two rosaries, eight bibles, nine crucifixes, a jar of moldy mayonnaise, and eighty dollars in change.

So now, we've three guns, four boxes of ammunition and various Catholic items in our car. Ironic.

The back-up plan for when vampires become immune to holy water. As demonstrated here.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Another funny thing happened in English class that I forgot to tell Mooky about.

So, we're reading 1984 which is all about a dystopian society and a corrupt government rife with propaganda and all of that fun stuff. So we all had to bring in an example of modern day propaganda. One girl brought in an Aquafina advert that had described the water as
"100% pure liquid spunk." I was the only one who got this (British meaning being different to the American) and started giggling. The girl mentioned in the presentation that the meaning was different but didn't say WHAT it meant. So of course then my teacher says "Immy, perhaps you can give us some insight as to what "spunk" means in your country?"

I went as red as a tomato and said "...semen" in a very quiet voice.

Horrible. But hilarious when my English teacher looked horrified having realized what it meant.

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

"In your country"

Are you seen as being REALLY "BRITISH" in America? Are you an outsider? IS IT HORRIBLE? DO YOU WANT A HUG? ARE THERE CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Haha. And YES to the chocolate covered pretzels. You used to be able to get them from a VENDING MACHINE in my school. At the mall you can get cinnamon pretzels, which are actually deleicious though.

I'm not seen as a huge outsider. There's actually another British girl in my year, but she's really sporty (and my school is completely sports-oriented) so she fits in pretty well. But yeah, I guess I am an outsider, but for other reasons.

Yes please to the hugs also!

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Aren't all American High Schools really sports orientated? Are they like in the films? Do you have jocks etc. Are cheerleaders all horrible people? What is a homecoming queen? Do people break into song all the time like in High School Musical and Grease? Is there a tannoy system through which the head teacher (principal) speaks to the pupils in the mornings? Do people get their heads flushed down toilets?

IT IS ALL SO FASCINATING TO ME!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Mine is VERY sports oriented. We have no football team, though, as we are a tiny school. But we have got cheerleaders although there is nobody to cheer for...(um, baseball team? track team? Doesn't work as well.)

A homecoming queen or a prom queen is a voted girl who gets a tiara and basically is always popular. We have it at prom but not homecoming, as we haven't got a homecoming dance (no football.)

No dancing unfortunately :( But the sports teams have "spirit days" where they dress up in stupid costumes (ex. "superhero day") I will never forget the day it was "goth day" and I came into the bathroom to find them all putting on makeup and they all went quiet when I came in.

And yes, there is an intercom thingemy! Not usually used by the principal, though, moreso for "Will Such and such please come to the office?"

And I have never heard of anyone getting their head flushed down a toilet, though there probably has been once or twice at my school...

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Regular Crew

Date:

Last night on the way home we went in to get a takeaway. The guy serving us had an Indian accent, until he gave us our food and said "awright mate" in a really broad Belfast accent, then continued talking with an Indian accent.

Then we found he'd given us a bag of grated cheese as well as our food confuse

Honoured Mook

Date:

One of the people with dementia today:
Her: Nurse, nurse! Please, miss...
Me: *turns around* Yes, ma'am?
Her, with a flabbergasted look on her face ("Oh my GOD, she is looking at me!!"): Erm... eh... *gulp* ..eh...hello. *looks away looking scared*

Actually, that woman is quite cute and I know that she often just calls out to the nurses because she feels lonely and wants to have company. That's why I make a point of always smiling at her whenever I come by her chair, and try to have a little chat with her at least once a day (unfortunately, my Czech still is quite poor, so usually it's not more than: "hello, ma'am, how are you today, nice weather, isn't it?").
It was just weird (and I found it funny, but then, I'm probably mean) that my answering her was such a huge and frightening distraction. Normally, it isn't.

You don't know me.
Never will never will

I'm outside your picture frame ...
... and the glass is breaking. 

Honoured Mook

Date:

We might be moving to a place called Gleeb Lane. I think I'm the only one in my family that finds that word funny :')

You say you want to live in the darkness?
~ Tumblr! ~

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

There's a Vampire Street in the suburb next to mine.

Oh, and my man and i were driving home from gym, and he spots a rabbit on the pavement. So we turn around (in rush hour traffic) and attempt to herd the bunny back to the petting zoo/golf course/nature walk across the street. People were staring. We were in gym clothes. Chasing a rabbit. We got him home eventually, back to the other bunnies.

-- Edited by Arlenmia on Wednesday 27th of October 2010 08:43:18 PM

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I've been friends with a guy for three years, and we've just found out that we both wear the same perfume (except I have the female version and he has the male).

I am a socialite, an artist, a poet.

Lady Moustache of Mooky

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My manager thinks there's a legit curse on her/the studio. It makes sense a bit since most of our equipment has malfunctioned/broken today.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^Who you gonna call??

Dave, that's hilarious!

And Candy, my school doesn't have cheerleaders but people do break out in song!!

Today, I was walking in the hallway and all of a sudden I heard the beginning to "Friends" from Flight of the Concords behind me, which ended up being the boys' a capella group! Then the metalheads started air-guitaring and screaming and thrashing... and they got megaphone'd at by the Hallway Dick... but it was awesome. :D

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^That priest in the picture Dave so kindly presented to us. =D

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Last night while trying to release the beast on the toilet I heard two cats fighting outside of the window. It was very awkward indeed, and the whole time I was on the toilet I was just wishing the cats would either stop fighting or find somewhere else to settle their differences until I left the bathroom.hmm

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Page 1  >   Last »  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us