Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Anime/Manga.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Anime/Manga.

My first anime was Sailor Moon when I was little and then pokemon. But my first manga was Fruits Basket. I quite enjoy both the anime and manga.
My master list though is;
-Fruits Basket
-Naruto
-Ouran High School Host Club
-Nana
-Sailor moon

Honoured Mook

Date:

seriously...too many to count, popular and obscure.
On that note is anyone heading to the MCM london expo in may?

"I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own!"- mythbusters

Regular Crew

Date:

I've only really watched Ouran High School Host Club, but I loved it. I've also watched some of the Studio Ghibli films which are all really good.

Regular Crew

Date:

Oh my gosh, there are soooo many!!! Rightnow I'm watching NANA (which I'm head over heels in all love with), Negima, School Rumble, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Bleach, Kekaishi, Inuyasha (these 4 are my husband's favorites), Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, a little bit of Ghost in the Shell:SAC, and Pokemon, yes of course. My favorites would have to be the wonderful Sailor Moon and Pokemon (because they were the very first anime that I ever saw), NANA, Monster, Deathnote (for my husband as well), FLCL, Tenchi Muyo, FMA, and Cowboy Bebop but I love so many it's almost unfair to pick. Must not forget big ups to good ol' Dragonball Z. :) Viva anime!

-- Edited by sushigirl28 on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 11:21:48 AM

You can't believe it, You can't concieve it, And you can't touch me, 'Cuz I'm untouchable, I know you hate it, And you can't take it, You'll never break me, 'Cuz I'm unbreakable... King Michael Jackson :3

Honoured Mook

Date:

I love Loveless..Ive got them all on my laptop..and have most of the Ghibli films on dvd aswell..

as for Manga I love anything by Kosen or Dany & Dany or Laura Carboni ^^...but my favourites have to be the series "Yellow"..:)

Regular Crew

Date:

some of my favorits animes are - black butler,vampire knight, ouran host club, code geass , pandora hearts,death note and lucky star
yet my favorite manga at the minuete is defintly hana to akuma, ive finished it but its so good i have to read it again :')

"to die would be an awfully great adventure"

*note it says WOULD BE, cos your going go ahead for me :D

Honoured Mook

Date:

I haven't watched or read any anime/manga in a while but my all time favourite is Nana. I love Ai Yazawa's stuff in general. I also like xxxHolic, 12 kingdoms, deathnote, strawberry panic, dragonball z. And the studio ghibli films of course.

Its been so long I can hardly remember!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Linieth wrote:

Anyone into the good old animu and mango? It's a major guilty pleasure of mine. My favorites are One Piece, D.Gray-Man, Elfen Lied, and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.

Ooooh Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. That is a bloody good series! So dark, I also love the opening theme.

Also love Chobits. Such a cute anime :D

"Wanna do something fun? Wanna go to honeydukes?" "I can't go to honeydukes, i'm on a no sugar diet. GOD HERMIONE YOU'RE SO STUPID!"

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I watched the English subbed version of the Black Rock Shooter OVA. SUCH AN AWESOME ANIME.

-- Edited by Amaranth=Rayne on Friday 13th of May 2011 02:02:29 PM

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Regular Crew

Date:

I am obsessed with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Naruto, and Naruto Shippuuden. I watch the englished subbed anime and the manga comics. Anime is awesome. I want to draw my own manga.

-- Edited by sky_silverwolf on Thursday 26th of May 2011 08:47:52 PM

I'm me and if you don't like me I don't care. -anonymous

Randomtabulouslyawesometasticlywonderpipicle (my word)

When life gives you lemons make apple juice to confuse people!

Regular Crew

Date:

Let's see currently for anime watching Axis Powers Hetalia, Soul Eater, FMA:Brotherhood, and Kekkaishi.

As for manga I've got about 50+ titles that I'm currently reading. The ones at the top of the list are Ah! My Goddess and Dragon Knights. Not the best I've ever read, but I just love reading manga for the sake of manga.

365 Poems/365 Days: http://nightocups.livejournal.com/

http://ladyprincessgeek-nerd.tumblr.com/

Honoured Mook

Date:

Full Metal Alchemist, Chibi Vampire, NANA, Chobbits

Beware Your In For A Scare!

Regular Crew

Date:

Fruits Basket! I read the first book and became completely addicted. I devoured the rest of the series, honestly, I couldn't go a day without reading it until I'd finished all the books! I was a complete pokemon fanatic when I was 8 and could still happily sit and watch the first five series' plus the pokemon chronicles back to back for the entire day. The new pokemon series' aren't the same though. There's only meant to be 150 of them! I don't care if the song said "and more to see", it was just to rhyme with destiny, and the new pokemon don't even look vaguely plausable any more. Also they've replaced pikachu with an imposter - it's head is too rounded and it's smaller than it used to be! Rant over. I loved Team Rocket in Pokemon the best, but only Jessie, James and Meowth, you understand, not Giovani or Butch and Cassidy. I've watched the first three episodes of Clannad and really enjoyed them but unfortunately my stupid computer won't let me watch any more. It was on tele for a ridiculously short period of time but I really liked Megaman as well.

Regular Crew

Date:

I've just started getting into the anime and manga world.... I'm on 17th book of Naruto and thats it :S I'm getting a DSi soon so I can finally play Pokemon & Legend of Zelda ect..... but I feel a bit silly playing Pokemon when I'm 18... meh

If they give you ruled paper, write the other way...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Current watching list:
- Blue Exorcist
- D.Gray-man
- Elfen Lied
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Hetalia Axis Powers
- Soul Eater
- Vampire Knight.

I also recently finished watching Pandora Hearts, Kuroshitsuji and Loveless. Debating whether or not to watch Gravitation though. Is it good?

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

I loved Gravitation when I saw it!! So back and forth, light-hearted at times but then heavy-hearted for others.. A yaoi (boyxboy) love, angsty story between an older writer and a younger pop star of a boy band. Never knowing what the heck will happen next.. *sigh* I'll always embrace Gravitation.. smile To me, the story was beautiful- deep in a pleasently surprising way. I say a def yes! wink

Just started watching Fairy Tail, don't know what to make of it, only on epi. 2, but looks encouraging. Saw 6 epis of Black Butler, and just swooned. Sebastian shall be mine one day in some world some way, lol!

Soul Eater I have been waiting months to see! That's one on high priority on my veiwing list! Fans have been going crazy over Hetalia.. must see what all the fuss is about.

Classics forever by Hayao Miyazaki. Genious. He's just a genious. wink

And sky silverwolf, that's awesome! Luck to your ambitions my dear!

-- Edited by sushigirl28 on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 05:23:40 PM

-- Edited by sushigirl28 on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 05:25:25 PM

You can't believe it, You can't concieve it, And you can't touch me, 'Cuz I'm untouchable, I know you hate it, And you can't take it, You'll never break me, 'Cuz I'm unbreakable... King Michael Jackson :3

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Just discovered Ouran High School Host Club, Fruit Basket, Hikaru no Go, Sgt. Frog, and Vandread. I love em' all!

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

On the anime side, friend recently introduced me to Black Butler and GTO. Black Butler is awesome!

On the manga side, I read the first 12 or so One Piece books. I also had a friend who tried to get me into Fruits Basket, but it never interested me much..

-- Edited by Artemis Luna on Friday 10th of February 2012 04:44:12 PM

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oddly, I read about 15 volumes of Fruits Basket before deciding it was too angsty to continue. I really should get round to reading the end of it, but I can't remember half of what happened now...

I used to be a huge CLAMP fan, but somehow I never seem to make the time for anime/manga any more. Really should. I've heard a lot of people say Black Butler is awesome.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I love Sailor moon, Pokemon, Death note, Vampire knight, Elfen lied, Fairy tail and Chibi vampire. I also really love the studio ghibli films.

-- Edited by Princess_valium on Monday 31st of December 2012 08:12:12 PM

Regular Crew

Date:

Ok. The list of the animes I watch.

-Bleach

-Ouran High School Host Club

-Hellsing Ultimate

-Darker Than Black

Don't ever think your a failure. To one person you will always be perfect <3

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I've just recently watched one called Kamisama Hajimemashita which I loved, I highly recommend it.

My partner just bought me Code Geass for Christmas does anyone know if it's any good?

Regular Crew

Date:

I don't usually watch anime. Somebody once told me about Hetalia, so I started watching it. I thought the characters were cute. Then I forgot about it for a while. When I decided to start watching it again, my younger cousin walked in on me and I didn't have time to go to the other tab, so I kind of just stared at him awkwardly, like, "This is nothing. I don't usually watch this," and changed the subject.
So, yeah, I only like watching anime when I'm alone.

-- Edited by Girl on Monday 12th of August 2013 05:31:54 AM

"Society is built on lukewarm lies, get over it."

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If we're necromancing this li'l thread now anyway, (I think we should!) May I ask if anybody else's watched the Science Adventure Trilogy? 3 animes, each based on Nitroplus (I love Nitroplus, yay) visual novels, each taking place in a realistic, modern day Japan with regular teenagers who do stuff related to science and technology as protagonists. Both funny and serious. There's Chaos;Head (mind control devices, swords and pop culture trends. Takes place in Shibuya.) , Steins;Gate (Time travel done really well, neuroscience and the threat of World War 3.) and the one I'm watching currently, Robotics;Notes (Giants battle robots as if they had actually existed, AIs and huge corporation conspiracies.) I can recommend all 3 to anyone, although my personal favourite is Steins;Gate (although that's mainly since I'm into physics and MWI anyway).

Honoured Mook

Date:

Resurrecting this thread to ask if any Mooky anime fans have been to J-Con in Derby before. I'm going on the Friday night (19th Sep) and don't know what to expect/wear. I'm also coming on the Saturday but will be working the convention as a St John Ambulance First Aider.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I live near Derby, but never heard of it until now! I'd say where whatever makes you feel comfortable, it sounds like you'll already be out of your comfort zone, so don't wear an outfit that would take you even further out of it. :)

As we're in the anime/manga thread, anybody here watched Log Horizon or Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin?

Honoured Mook

Date:

J-Con is basically an anime convention with panels, cosplaying etc. My bother went last year dressed as the Scarecrow from Batman. Turns out I won't have much time to get changed anyway as won't be finishing work until 1 hour and a half before it starts and have to pick up people.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I'm trying desperately to remember the name of an anime show I saw quite a few years ago. What I remember is that it is SF, probably a post-apocalyptic setting. It starts out in a city (I think it is inside a dome so that the citizens are protected from the harsh, desertlike surroundings. Definetively a class society, some people are not allowed to live in this city but have to eke out an exitence in the slums outside) with a female high ranking police officer? investigating some mysterious murders. During this she encounters a young cleaner who unbeknown to him occasionally turns into some sort of powerful monster/being, and a girl who is an android. All three eventually go on a journey into the wastelands. Oh, and the little girl often dress up in a bunny costume.
This isn't much to go by I'm afraid, but does anyone recall this series? I'd like to watch it again.

Edit: nm, I found it. Ergo Proxy! Anyone seen it?

-- Edited by Irilar on Friday 19th of September 2014 02:36:02 PM

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Honoured Mook

Date:

Went to my first anime convention. I wore normal clothes (well, normal for me anyhow) on the Friday night and was on duty as a first aider on the Saturday. Was a great event and can't wait to attend it next year, and hopefully more conventions! Ergo Proxy sounds familiar, think I might have watched it a long time ago.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us