Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Anime/Manga.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
Anime/Manga.

Anyone into the good old animu and mango? It's a major guilty pleasure of mine. My favorites are One Piece, D.Gray-Man, Elfen Lied, and Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni.

to drop all formal parleying,
and then you're sure to catch it!

Baby Mook

Date:

Anime... Death Note, D.Gray-Man, Bleach, Claymore...
And my favorite manga's are Death Note, D.Gray-man, Bleach, and shojo manga :3

Regular Crew

Date:

I've got a fair collection. Faves being Death Note, Confidential Confessions, and Claymore. :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

I've never really got into reading manga, but I do love anime. Vampire Knight, D.Gray-Man, Pandora Hearts and The Wallflower mainly.

You say you want to live in the darkness?
~ Tumblr! ~

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm not an obsessive, but I like a few of the new animes - The Cat Returns and Spirited Away.

I have a tumblr, a twitter, and, most importantly, a neopets account.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I used to be really into both, but these days I generally just re-read/watch old favourites.
For manga, I quite like Yuu Watase's stuff (Fushigi Yugi, Alice 19th, Absolute Boyfriend) and Hiroki Endo's Eden: It's an Endless World!
For anime, I absolutely love Serial Experiments Lain, and I also enjoyed Paranoia Agent and Death Note. Studio Ghibli can't be left out either.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

My boyfriend introduced me to Cowboy Bebop over the summer. Our challenge was to watch the entire series before he left for university. And we succeeded! I'm doing him a Spike cross-stitch for a Christmas present.

~doxy

Honoured Mook

Date:

I wouldn't call myself an obsessed fan, but I do like Elfen Lied, Death Note, Haruhi Suzumiya etc. Oh, and Sailor Moon of course (in the original Japanese though, nooot so much the English dub.) I haven't watched any new anime or read any new manga in ages though.

Regular Crew

Date:

Ohh, I loved Sailor Moon when I was younger. Not seen it in years though.
I also have the complete Love Hina, both in Manga and Animae. I always prefer Manga though.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I am a huge anime/manga fan. I love:
-Yu Yu Hakusho
-Fullmetal Alchemist
-Ghost in the Shell (movies as well)
-Akira
-Cowboy Bebop
-Trigun
-Dragonball 
-Rurouni Kenshin
-Ghost Hound
-Tenchi Muyo/Tokyo
-Death Note
-Bleach
-Gundam G Mobile Suit Fighter (it's been awhile since I've last seen this)
-Shaman King
-Elfen Lied
-Black Cat
-Wallflower

Lately I haven't had enough time to watch my beloved anime since getting into college. I'm either always working or I'm extremely tired. 

-- Edited by MarshmallowNoise on Wednesday 13th of October 2010 05:57:14 PM

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I love Bleach, Death Note, Miyuki-Chan, Jisatsu Circle and Devil May Cry. I also watched Sailor Moon as a kid.

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I watched Sailor Moon when I was little too. Sailor Mercury was my favourite because she was so cerebral!

My favourite manga are Count Cain/Godchild, Deathnote, Bride of the Water God (I think technically it is a manhwa, because it comes from Korea) and Dolls... not Doll which is a different series. Dolls is about 'Plant Dolls', living dolls cherished by humans who must be given warmed milk three times a day and loved, loved, loved in order to flourish into beauty. Naturally, something always goes wrong ;)

Each story is about a different customer and their plant doll. They were very hard to get hold of but have the most detailed, delicate illustrations I have seen in ANY manga!

xx

-- Edited by The Snork Maiden on Sunday 31st of October 2010 09:44:08 AM

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Bleach & Fullmetal Alchemist.

Anyone seen Dragon Half?

Honoured Mook

Date:

I wrote my final paper for school on the differences between anime and american animation. Since that incident 3 years ago I haven't watched anything which is......strange. I'm getting back into it though. Mostly because of my interest in costumes.

Honoured Mook

Date:

There is nothing like writing an assignment about something you love to make you go off it for a while... I always hated English at school for that very reason. I just wanted to soak up whatever message the story was trying to tell me through osmosis not discuss it for hours upon hours then write about it!

Scaramouche have you ever seen Rozen Maiden? The dolls have the sweetest little costumes! I think you'd like them. Suiseiseki is my favourite.... I'm thinking maybe next Halloween depending on how much time I have to make the dress...

xx

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

Fullmetal Alchemist was my guilty pleasure for a long time, and I still write copious amounts of fanfiction for it (now THAT'S my real guilty pleasure. I love fanfiction...)

I also own the Ghost in the Sell Stand Alone Complexes and I've given quite a few series a try, like Gilgamesh, Elfen Lied, Escaflowne... all that.

GG xxx

Glittergoth Alchemy Gothic Jewellery - Discount Alchemy Gothic jewellery and accessories.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I used to be obsessed but now I'm more of a subtle fan,
The series I really love is NANA. Anything by Ai Yazawa is amazing, she's my heroine.
I love Studio Ghibli - some are my favourite movies are by them. They're also my heroes.

I started watching Death Note but never got around to watching it again.
Sailor moon I watched since I was a toddler! My favourite was Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus.
I'm trying to get through them but there is a lot of episodes!
Another I started but never finished was Boys over Flowers - it also is a K-Drama!

Whenever I have time I like to watch/read. :)

Ooh la la tumblr,

Regular Crew

Date:

I love anime! Some of my faves are:

Code Geass
Ouran High School Host Club
Wolf's Rain
Black Butler I & II
Nabari no Ou
Elfen Lied
Death Note

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I add Black Butler to my growing list.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I like lots of the Studio Ghibli films like Spirited Away and Howls Moving Castle. And then Sailor Moon is wonderful and I need to get into Deathnote!

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Honoured Mook

Date:

You really do ;)
It's awesome... but read the manga first.
xx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. How could I?!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hayao Miyazaki is one of my heroes!

I was in Japan when Ponyo came out and they had all these promotional specials (I also got to go see it at the cinemas there.) One day when I was in Harajuku I was approached by a giant 'Ponyo in fish form' plush person. I gave them a BIIIIG hug!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumours that Japan is going to ban the production & sale of videogames, anime & manga with any violence or sexual content next year?

I saw him too. He had a guitar. He winked at me before he jumped out a fourth floor window like he had wings. 

He winked at you?  [tsk] Musicians. 

Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. 
What are you talking about? 
You heard me rapping, right? 

Regular Crew

Date:

I love the manga Fruits Basket. My friend introduced me to it and I haven't stopped reading it since. My favorite anime to watch has to be Inuyasha, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service and Trigun. I started reading Guren Lagann and it is really good. I also like Rurouni Kenshin, but I haven't finished reading that particular manga yet.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Punk Rock Princess wrote:

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumours that Japan is going to ban the production & sale of videogames, anime & manga with any violence or sexual content next year?

I'm sorry but I didn't see your post until now.

The ban passed and is in effect now. I think the ban applies to hentai especially violent and lolicon ones. It is rumored Yaoi and Yuri has been banned as well.

http://forums.g4tv.com/showthread.php?t=161736 

Regular Crew

Date:

cry

that sucks.

Edited to merge double post. C. x

-- Edited by candiclaus on Friday 21st of January 2011 09:23:01 PM

Regular Crew

Date:

I love Fruits Basket! I'm on book 21, and when I finish th books I'll go on to the anime. I used to be obsessively in love with pokemon, I even have bulbasaur and meowth cuddly toys - I loved Team Rocket so much. Actually not team rocket, just Jessie, James and Meowth

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I like manga more than I like anime, but I have a pretty big collection of both the books and the DVDs. I basically only read the Shonen stuff, but I've read a bit of Shojo, and a very small amount of yaoi. I used to be really obsessed with manga, but that ended sometime last year. Just a phase, I guess.

Our emotional state of choice is Ecstasy.
Our nourishment of choice is Love.
Our addiction of choice is Technology.
Our religion of choice is Music. Our currency of choice is Knowledge.
Our world of choice is Utopian, though we know it will never be.
Peace.Love.Unity.Respect.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

For awhile, when I could find it, I watched Azumanga Daioh.

I'm waiting for English versions of the Axis Powers: Hetalia anime and manga to come out. Haven't found them yet. :(

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us