Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: WAISTED. All corset threads here.

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: CORSET REVIVAL!

I'm wearing my corset to a fancy dress party tonight, but because I lace it up so tight I get laces trailing everywhere. Is it safe to trim them, or will I regret it? DOes anyone have any tips on hiding away laces?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^^ Tuck them into your corset behind your lacing...don't cut them.

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

Honoured Mook

Date:

That's what I've been doing, but I still get little flappy bits poking out at the bottom...maybe3 I should just leave it a bit looser?

her

Honoured Mook

Date:

I think I've seen on a corset lacing webpage that there's a knot at the bottom which shouldn't be underdone, and the tightening comes from a loop in the middle of the line of grommets, and you tie it in abow.
Here it is http://www.corsetheaven.com/corsets/corset_advice/selflacing3.asp-the picture explains it more than I could do. You might have to tie it in a lot of knots!

I'm an expresso-some people think I'm bitter, but I'm just intense

Honoured Mook

Date:

I was wondering about what the extra long bits of cord were for, thankyou :D

Regular Crew

Date:

I recently got my first steel bond corset; its a black underbust from Burleska.
I'm rather happy with it, though i wish i had gotten a size smaller.
my one complaint is that the piece of bonding which the front clasps attach to has pushed through the fabric at the bottom, i shall have to try sewing it up

Don't do anything at all

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oh noes! My lovely green satin corset has ripped at the back and I don't know how! :'( It can't have been from lacing it up too tightly becuase of where it is. What should I do?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

i love love love corsets :D i'm currently wearing a 24" but i'm on the look out for a new one as i've lost 2" off my waist and it doesn't look right anymore. i prefer underbust corsets as i think they give a better reduction and if you aren't used to wearing one much less restrictive. here are some good sites if anyone is interested :)

http://www.whatkatiedid.com/
http://www.fairygothmother.com/
http://www.veldalauder.co.uk/
http://mayahansen.com/
http://www.angelicweapons.co.uk/
http://www.desertorchidcorsets.co.uk/

i am 99% certain that i will buy my next corset from desert orchid corsets as they have a very good reputation among alot of burlesque performers and considering they are made to measure very reasonably priced! also i kind of know the girl who is on the fron page and i've seen her wearing it and it looks amazing!

-- Edited by lollyPOP on Tuesday 30th of June 2009 11:28:38 PM

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

So i've had tons of corset tops for ages but i just bought my first functional one...black satin overbust 24" so lovely!

~Facebook~

~Youtube Channel~

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

thought i would post this in case anyone is interested :)

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/What-Katie-Did__W0QQ_dmdZ1QQ_sidZ51633868QQ_vcZ1?_nkw=corsets

Regular Crew

Date:

Thought I'd share my Ophelia's Misfortune costume that I use - the corset is incredible and only cost about £30!!! Very cheap for a corset! Check it out!

Regular Crew

Date:

What girl doesn't love corsets? Like Dita Von Teese said it makes you feel like superwoman. It sucks in your waist and swells up your breasts. I'm may be American and a size six but I rather have a hourglass figure than a runway model. As soon I can save up enough money, I'm going to buy me a waist-training corset. As for now, I will devise a plan to steal these corsets.

http://fashaddix.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/fergie-for-mac-cosmetics.jpg

http://telepicturesblog.warnerbros.com/tyrashow/vivaglam_390.jpg

-- Edited by danext2dabigthing on Monday 6th of July 2009 08:54:17 PM--same pixs are now links

-- Edited by danext2dabigthing on Saturday 11th of July 2009 05:43:24 PM

~Sex Goddess Angelina Jolie~

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have to say : the two pictures that are not Dita Von Teese are horrible. My eyes have been raped by those massive pictures were links could be. Sorry. But Dita is lovely, though I much prefer Bettie Page and the earlier burlesque performers.

I'm getting back into corsets now that the weather has sorted itself out....I must invest in a summer corset made of meshing and lightweight fabrics to let my waist breathe. Time to make some repairs and to buy some new laces :D I also need to re-lace my corset, because my sister nicked my corset, re-laced it and wore it really badly...in less than 3 hours she ripped the busk open (only an inch but still!), messed up my lacing and bent the hips out in a weird way....I think I need a hammer, some strong fabric, a gun to shoot her and start again :/

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

the What Katie Did sale went online today and there are quite a few corsets in it, i thought it may be of interest to some folk biggrini bought this in the forrest green it should hopefully be here by wednesday!

http://www.whatkatiedid.com/

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

Ivy Cyanide wrote:

Oh noes! My lovely green satin corset has ripped at the back and I don't know how! :'( It can't have been from lacing it up too tightly becuase of where it is. What should I do?

Take it back to Sam at Ultraviolet and she will fix it for you :)

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

MWAHAHAHA! My black corset-style top fits with my new black bra!

I'm happy now.

Honoured Mook

Date:

why are corsets so expensive :'(

Honoured Mook

Date:

Because they are time consuming to make and require a certain level of skill.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm really pleased.
I found a Dorothy Perkins corset style tank top in a charity shop for two quid. It's boned and has lace down it. Black and white. It's gorgeous.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I love Corsets! I'm quite lucky as a friend of mine makes them, i also own a few Deadly Girlz ones too.I have 6 steel boned corsets altogether!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have neglected my corsets/corset tops. NO MORE I SAY!
They give excellent boobage. Haha.

I have a blog:
Blog

Regular Crew

Date:
Corsets

Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you were frequent 'propper' corset wearers and if so could you give me an opinion on corset boning?

I don't want to waist train or tight lace, I just want a corset thats gunna hold me in to give me a nice shape.  I have cheapy plastic boned corsets (like 4-6 bones so hardly even a corset really) but they are all bent out of shape now, does any one have any experiences with the more expensive plastic boned corsets (I have seen some that look pretty sturdy and have 12 bones in) or should I save up and get a steel boned one (and can you breath, sit and eat in a steel boned corset?)

Taa very much :)

xx M xx

Honoured Mook

Date:

I got two steel-boned corsets and I really recommend investing in one. This mustn't mean you trim yourself until you can barely walk - you can lace it heavier or tighter, just as you prefer. Heavy corseting might be a bit of training first - it feels comfortable to be "held" in a corset (because you avoid slumping down when sitting), you're always sitting upright which looks more beautiful in my opinion.
Breathing is no big deal either, but I would not recommend heavy, fitful movements (esp. headbanging^^) with a corset when laced really heavily - it can be quite disturbing and you might feel a little bit sick afterwards.
How much you can eat depends also on how tight you wear your corset - I prefer not to eat too much, because my stomachs is rather compressed then. When in a corset you maybe prefer to eat only small portions, but believe me when really hungry I have also eaten loads in a corset :D

I hope this could help you a bit :)

Eine deutsche Mooky :)

My modeling account (German).

I also got a DeviantArt account. Please feel free to add me :)

Regular Crew

Date:

Thanks, that does help, I am def gunna spend the extra cash and get a steel boned one! Now all I have to do is decide on the size...fully closed at 2" smaller than my natural waist or 4".........time to play with the tape measure haha.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

You need to have a gap down the back ideally, it gives you more room to go smaller if you lose weight. I can close my corsets all the way, but I used to tightlace, but the gap is important and gives a glimpse of the lovely flesh underneath.

Breathing automatically changes, and I can still eat a full meal whilst wearing one (I wear steel boned, never ever plastic!) and just let it out if I feel uncomfortable....avoid fizzy drinks, gas in corsets is pure murder!!

Go for 3-4 inches smaller than your natural waist.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:
Corsets...

I have a slight predicament.

I think corsets are lovely, and there's a really nice one on the sohos website (http://www.sohos.co.uk/acatalog/info%5f571%2ehtml)

The only thing is, I'm not sure what to wear them with.  I usually wear brightly coloured jeans and fitted T-shirts, with either a hoody or cardigan.  Then some belts and beads thrown in for good measure.

Any suggestions?

-- Edited by Victoryxx on Friday 9th of October 2009 03:34:22 PM

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Honoured Mook

Date:

I wear mine with black skinnies somtimes, if I'm just wearing it day to day. Sometimes I'll wear black shorts and really thick black tights too.

Nothing really beats the corset and pencil skirt combo though ^^

Honoured Mook

Date:

My housemate has one she wears with ordinary jeans for nights out. It dresses the corset down without lessening it's hotness.
If you're not wanting to flash too much flesh, a plain coloured long sleeve top underneath would look nice too

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat." Rebecca West

Come and stalk me on my blog, or on Twitter

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think a corset with some nice trousers would be nice! I might do that this saturday :]
By the way that one on Soho is lushh.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Maybe with one of them blazers from new look with the rolled up slevees and with some nice skinny jeans?

Squatting under city streets, the garbage can be good to eat.Struggling to rise above,smash the hate and fall in love.Our lives are full of petty scars, so fuck up like the hippistars.Fill it with the illest times,sex and booze and petty crimes.
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 712  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us