Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: WAISTED. All corset threads here.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
CORSET REVIVAL!

Sorry for the capital letters...but this is a subject close to my heart.

Corsets are amazing things, they cover a multitude of sins and give women (and men) amazingly curvy figures. I often see people in the street that could really do with a corset to make the most of what they have....an up-right posture and a feeling of sexiness.

I love them! And I think a woman should have at least one piece of figure 'correcting' underwear, there's nothing better than a curvy figure......*maybe rent-a-rant material but clothing based*....

Anyone got pics of them in a corset? Or a corset you'd love to buy/steal/make?

*I plan to bring back a corset revival...within reason* Anyone with me?

I have a pic showing of my waist size....but it contains my bra-ed up boobs....so I won't post it.

But I love these - http://laracorsets.com/images/Corsets_by_LaraCorsets/2005-02-Tyra.corset.cut-out.jpg

http://www.fantasm-agoria.com/photos/3mwhjsbhwfgm8c9uimaq.jpg

-- Edited by Becki Boo on Thursday 21st of May 2009 06:44:01 PM

-- Edited by Becki Boo on Thursday 21st of May 2009 06:44:44 PM

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Corsets are amazing and I really wish I had more. I bought one recently and even though it takes me about half an hour to get on, I adore it.

Unfortunately I don't have a better picture of me in it, but this gives you a little glimpse of it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I want a proper corset!
I'd look smoking hawt.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Corsets kick ass - i have a dark green velvet one that i've unfortunately put on too much weight to wear, but i love it so. I'd love to get more but i refuse to until i've lost a shed load of weight!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have an amazing corset. It's a proper steel-boned one [functional, not just pretty] which cinches me in to ridiculous dimensions. I love eBay, it only cost 38, and you can generally expect to pay into the hundreds for a really good corset.

My only gripe about mine is that it isn't tight enough at the bottom...even when it's laced so tightly that the edges touch at the bottom, it's still loose there. Still, it's my own fault for having sod-all in the way of hips.

Here's the corset itself:

And me in it last Halloween.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My corsets were made in my hometown....*high fives* at the LaVey shop in Leicester....literally half an hour away from my home and I love them...and their creator, she's amazing. Well worth checking her out for a nice strong bespoke corset, or an off-the-rail piece.....I'm not doing a little advertising at all heheheh

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

_cinnamonstars wrote:

I have an amazing corset. It's a proper steel-boned one [functional, not just pretty] which cinches me in to ridiculous dimensions. I love eBay, it only cost 38, and you can generally expect to pay into the hundreds for a really good corset.

My only gripe about mine is that it isn't tight enough at the bottom...even when it's laced so tightly that the edges touch at the bottom, it's still loose there. Still, it's my own fault for having sod-all in the way of hips.

That's beautiful, I love it!

Honoured Mook

Date:

someone advise me on corset sizes if i'm in normal clothes 14/16 what would be my size in corsets?

The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue. Dorothy Parker

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Measure your waist in inches...and subtract 4 inches....that's your measurement to go by :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have a black and pink pvc steel boned corset and a red with black panel steel boned corset. I love them both! I'm still trying to get the red one to fit properly, just needs bent into my shape. I have pic of the pvc one but it's on my phone...i'll get it later.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Both of my "corsets" are only plastic-boned numbers, one is a red and black overbust and one a plain underbust. I feel that I wouldn't wear a steel-boned corset very much, as I'm just too hyperactive at times, and LOVE comfort. I like my two nice little corset-style items, they accentuate my shape really well. I'm lucky enough to already have a very small waist compared to my hips/boobs/shoulders.

Perhaps one day I would consider getting one custom-made for me, but I don't really have the money to spare for the few occasions I'd wear it at this stage.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Oh I want a corset badly. *cough* ( my boyfriend heartily agrees) *cough* :P
However, lack of funds is hindering any chance to get one.
I'd ask for one for my birthday but I've asked for Doc's already. :(
Christmas maybe :D

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Fiend wrote:

Both of my "corsets" are only plastic-boned numbers, one is a red and black overbust and one a plain underbust. I feel that I wouldn't wear a steel-boned corset very much, as I'm just too hyperactive at times, and LOVE comfort. I like my two nice little corset-style items, they accentuate my shape really well. I'm lucky enough to already have a very small waist compared to my hips/boobs/shoulders.

Perhaps one day I would consider getting one custom-made for me, but I don't really have the money to spare for the few occasions I'd wear it at this stage.

I find my steel-boned are actually more comfortable than plastic because they don't bend randomly in the middle of the bone. If you're tied in properly it kind of feels like you're being held in but you don't feel the corset as such, that's how I feel anyway in mine...it's kind of difficult to describe!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

As I've said previously I am all for a corset revival. I haven't had a nice one in years, and it really destroys me :(. This is one I got in New Look a while back, on sale. Not the best but I loved it at the time:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=39213077&albumID=1955161&imageID=36183871

I don't really know how to add links and I'm not even sure if that will work but worth a shot :).

-- Edited by Capulet on Saturday 23rd of May 2009 03:12:55 PM

I have a blog:
Blog

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have an amazing New Look corset but sadly the plastic boning is starting to die :( Tis very pretty for a 10 corset :) I bought an underbust corset from Sister Moon made out of dark red satin with a black lace overlay which was only about 15 but unfortunately doesn't tighten withought me looking a very odd shape. The other day I bought a very nice green satin overbust corset with plastic boning and pvc stripes over the boning for 20 from Ultraviolet (www.ultravioletonline.com) but what I didn't notice in the shop is that some of the satin is coming away from the boning. It's only on the back so can be covered up easily. I've even learnt how to do it up myself in a mirror but it takes a while but I love it :D

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

My corset.

(Also from Ultraviolet, my new favourite shop :))

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

_cinnamonstars wrote:

Iv got the same prob even though I do have hips.

I love corsets and Im thinking about getting another one.

The universe is like one be old book. Full of chapters. Humans are but a "page"

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oooooh my Ultraviolet corset if the same as lollyPOP's but in green :D Very nice :D

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I want a corset but I have nothing to fill it with :(
Corsets would look weird on size 6, A-cup me....
*cries*

Lush Guru

Date:

^^Neg. My friend is a tiny 6 and she looks brilliant in a corset.

Honoured Mook

Date:

argh i went to put my corset on last night and it was ripped.....which i thought was impossible...:(

The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue. Dorothy Parker

Honoured Mook

Date:

electrosexual wrote:

I want a corset but I have nothing to fill it with :(
Corsets would look weird on size 6, A-cup me....
*cries*

I have the same problem, I'm a size 4 with pretty much nothing up top, and I can't find a corset small enough without paying hundreds of pounds that I don't have. I do have a lovely corset, but even though I lace it up as tight as possible it doesn't pull me in.

Plus every corset I've ever tried on has flattened my boobs down cry

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Try an underbust? I think mass-produced underbust corsets are generally more flattering than overbust. It's a different story if you're going to get one custom-made, but that's bloody expensive.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Corset revival is on hold where I live....the weather is stopping me :(

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I may just look for a cheap corset/underbust or corset style top until I get the monies...

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

ebay ebay ebay- its worth it ladies!!!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

River island corset thingy for 99p! WHAAAAAAT!
Ebay rules! Now to convince mother...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

OOOOOH CORSET BELTS! I'M IN HEAVEN PEOPLE!
*Ahem* sorry.

Lush Guru

Date:

Haha I buy so much River Island and Topshop stuff on ebay. I've never bought anything from an actual Topshop store, but I own LOADS.

Epic.

Honoured Mook

Date:

electrosexual wrote:

OOOOOH CORSET BELTS! I'M IN HEAVEN PEOPLE!
*Ahem* sorry.

Where??!

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 612  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us