Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: WAISTED. All corset threads here.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
RE: WAISTED. All corset threads here.

Oh and based on what I've been hearing, Corsets UK has been dropping in quality lately, the eyelets/grommets ripping out and such :(

If you REALLY need an affordable OTR, Timeless Trends is the way to go based on most feedback.

But with Jill Hoverman, you're just paying an extra $50 for MADE TO MEASURE, so I'd personally save a little up and get something from Jill instead :)

If you need to reach me immediately please e-mail me at kathtea.booking@gmail.com or post on my Facebook fanpage!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

@MissChris - Thank you! I meant relatively comfortable wink

I've been looking at this corset from Corsets-Uk, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I was worried about the quality of the corsets, after being told that I would be unlikely to get one that fits properly, but if you think that they are good then I'd probably rather get one from there then spend lots of money on a custom corset.

EDIT: Didn't see KathTeaChin's post! I have actually emailed Jill Hoverman at her etsy shop about getting a corset made, but she hasn't replied yet. Do you have any advice about buying from her?

-- Edited by Moth-kin on Friday 24th of August 2012 11:50:39 AM

Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

You can pay by installments with Jill! Seriously much more worth it and much more comfortable in my opinion.

As an off-the-rack with a frankly bad cutting, even if you adjust the laces it's rather impossible for you to get a 4" reduction, unless you want to risk hurting yourself. This is because the underbust and hip measurements are TOO similar to the waist measurements!

Do understand that Jill, unlike Corsets UK, is a one woman business so she's usually busy making corsets for her etsy clients, Romantasy clients (check out Romantasy, Ann Grogan runs a great company for corset wearers to be and potential waist trainers!) or me (I am proud to say that Jill is very open to working with me time and again on COMPLETELY NEW designs that will only be available after I try them out :D).

If you need to reach me immediately please e-mail me at kathtea.booking@gmail.com or post on my Facebook fanpage!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Plus I am sure that corset looks lovely but for 72 GBP... You can get something from Timeless Trends for less but with better shape.

Or spend another $40-$50 and get something measured to your size from Jill? :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think I may have to convince the bf to let me try on my hidden birthday corset then, in case it needs returning... :/

Either way, there's decent information on that website about measuring yourself, have a check and cross reference with custom measurements and ask the lady you've been speaking to, I'm sure she'll tell you exactly what you need to do!

Just your friendly neighbourhood dork of epic proportions

Vegetarbles food blog

Assorted shite blog

Resident Lord of Tiny Stretches - Sir Chris the Lubey

Proud favouritest person of Indigo

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ Thank you for your advice! I'm still looking around and learning more about corsets. I really want a corset that doesn't give me a barrel shaped body. Hopefully Jill will get back to me soon about the corsets.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I hope you enjoy corsetting! Feel free to read up more on corsets (medical side) on Staylace and some real life accounts from Suzanziballetheels and Lucy of Bishonenrancher :D And I'm always here to help too :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My corset is finished and dispatched! Here are some pictures that Jill Hoverman has sent me of my corset. It's even more beautiful than I could've imagined, and I can't wait to get it and try a corset on for the very first time.

I'll post some more pictures when it arrives!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

WOW, so glad you're getting your corset from Jill soon! It's so pretty!!!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Some new photos of me modelling my Orchid Corsetry underbust!

XD

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Not only are the corsets stunning, but so are you! I love how well you've trained your waist (is that the correct terminology) and you're just so photogenic! They're gorgeous photos.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Thanks redshoes! Yes, that's the correct term. I've waist trained from a natural 29" (back 8 months ago or so) to a corsetted 20"! I hope to try new corsets as time comes!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My corset has finally arrived!! It is absolutely gorgeous and suprisingly comfortable, though it's a little wide at the front because of the design and my incredibly flat chest. It took me an age to get it on, and now I'm getting used to moving it in. I keep swaying my entire torso when I walk!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Glad you're enjoying it!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Hi Mooks,

Firstly, I feel I should explain my absence from the board: I've been ridiculously busy whilst, helpfully, feeling like sh*t. I've been dedicating my time to working through my stupidly long "to do" list and to doing things that I hope will ultimately have a positive effect on my mental health.

Secondly, I've been trying to find the thread I started ages ago to find out what waist training and corsetry information you lovely people would like to read about, so that I could write the article I promised. I know I've taken way too long to get myself together to do this, but I'd still very much like to write a corset training guide for Mookychick. Corset training is a long process with many things that could go wrong if it's done incorrectly, so I think there should be a guide on here for the Mooks who are interested in this. 

If anyone can find the thread I started, please resurrect it so that I can have another look at the replies. If the thread cannot be found, please post your questions or PM them to me, and I'll incorporate the answers to your questions in the guide.

Thank you for being patient with me, and sorry again for the delay.

xxx Eve

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hey Eve,it's good to see you back and I hope you feel better soon! You're already awesome,your brain is just being a lazy slacker in realizing that inevitable fact! :)

Also,bumped the thread you were after.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Aw, Dave, you're so lovely. Thanks loads.

xxx Eve

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have a question for the tightlacing mooks:

I have recently bought a custom made tightlacing corset, but I am unable to wear it for any length of time as after a couple of hours my lower back starts to really hurt. Is this normal or is it a sign that there is something wrong with the corset/the way I'm wearing it?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Is it a muscular ache cos I would think it is probably your back not used to being held in that position for any length of time.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

You might have been wearing it too tightly and/or too quickly.

Did you remember to break in (season) your corset? Only after seasoning it for a full 2 weeks then the corset starts to loosen up. Even then, not everyone's body can handle cinching many inches instantly.

If your body isn't familiar with the cinch, it will be quite uncomfortable initially.

Perhaps you can try an underbust first (you got an overbust from Jill, right?). Underbusts are usually lower priced than overbusts so you don't need to worry much in terms of budget. Normally one would waist train in underbusts first.

Here's a good guide for starting with corsets.

If you have anymore specific questions, feel free to e-mail me at kathtea.booking(AT)gmail(DOT)com or you can ask Lucy's Corsetry on Facebook.

Here are other good literature to read up :D

Fran of Contour Corsets

Romantasy Corsetry

In other corsetty news, here's some Lunar New Year corseted eyecandy I got to shoot! Happy Lunar New Year!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Thank you! I was so focused on seeing how much I could reduce my waist by that I have probably been lacing it too tightly before. Now that my various lurgies have cleared up I can start breaking my corset in properly.

The pain was a very sharp/intense muscular pain. It felt like too much pressure was being put on a certain point of my spine so I immediately took the corset off in case it was doing damage to my body.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Take it easy, tigress ;)

Normally at a "younger age" we should only start by 1"-2" more every 2 weeks to a month. (I have a bad habit of going too tight often myself)

e.g I have a natural 26" waist and I lace up a new corset to 24" for 2 hours a day every day for two weeks, the following week I wear the corset at 23" or 22", depending on my comfort level. If this corset actually laces down smaller (like 20" or even 18"), I might need another 2 weeks to a month before I bring it down to 21" and then 20" and so forth.

Currently, my most comfortable tightness is at 21" but occasionally for photoshoots (or even for my own lolz/ego), I can squeeze down to 20".

Believe it or not, Guinness World record holder Cathie Jung went 1" a year towards her current waist measurement (an uncorseted 21" and a corseted 15"). She only started corseting "competitively" after all her children grew up, which meant she was already older and her bone structure is much more solid and not as flexible.

Generally a beginner can only lace down about 4" to 6" the first time. Normally, "fluffier" girls can go down 6" to 8" quite easily since it's more flesh to squish rather than harder bone/muscle.

An athletic or skinny person might have trouble going down 6" the first round but over months of training (like piercing stretching) there shouldn't be an issue.

One good tip for those who have marvelous hard abs is to waist train directly after a hot bath post-workout as your muscles are still warmer and tender. It's like being able to stretch more than usual after a good warm workout.

PS: Should I write up an article all about tightlacing tips?

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

So happy to finally get this corseted photoset!

The "crazier" shot has been submitted for publication but here's an equally crazy looking tightlacing shot!

Can't wait to get my 18" corsets!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Okay, I don't force anyone to NOT buy Corsets UK but getting people to "waist train" in ill-fitting corsets is just bad bad BAD!

Take a look at this link: http://www.corsetmemoirs.com/2013/03/05/wt-progress-report/

Yes, you may have bought the corsets that are 4" smaller than your natural waist. HOWEVER, the underbust and hip difference is far too small to help you get much reduction, whether in the near or far future.

Unless you think the corset can also squish the hard bones of the underbust and hips as well, which I think is unlikely if not impossible.

Just look at the large (meaning more than 2") gap in the back, any tighter would cause a lot of unnecessary discomfort.

Yes, I know not everyone can afford made-to-measure. But if you're serious about a body modification (yes, I do put tightlacing/waist training in the same category) you wouldn't want to do it in an unsafe manner, right? It's like tattoos and piercings, there's a huge difference when seeing a cheaper inexperienced artist and a pricier more experienced one.

There are better shaped off-the-rack corsets out there in a similar or very slightly higher price range as well as made to measure ones too.

Feel free to drop me a message or drop by the Facebook Tightlacing Society.

x

Kath

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

May I add that it is downright disgusting that they add "decreased appetite" as a benefit.

My corsets are from Corsets UK, I only use them for dressing up and I'm a skint student so I didn't want to spend much money on it. But after reading this I doubt I will ever buy from them again. I might need to read up on it more, but initially it seems to me that tightlacing is a quite extreme form of body modification, and that one really should know what one is doing.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm not a corset wearer, and know nothing about waist training, but surely "decreased appetite" should be considered as a disadvantage and an indicator of possible health risks??

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I wouldn't call it "decreased appetite", it feels more like "oh my god my stomach won't be able to take my binging/overeating".

What worried me most is "sore ribs". You should NEVER feel this if your corset is well-fitted!

You could see how they make excuses for their product too here.

https://www.facebook.com/CorsetMemoirs/posts/502859493093281?comment_id=5304396&offset=0&total_comments=6

-- Edited by KathTeaChin on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 07:03:16 PM

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

Hiya mooks!

Does anyone have any tips for where to get good quality corsets to wear under a nice dress? A search gives me loads and loads of fancy corsets, fashionable corsets and sexy corsets -but very little in the way of corsets as serious underwear.

I'm asking for a friend who is a professional vocal artist, so something that doesn't interfere with her singing performance is a necessity.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Honoured Mook

Date:

I buy my corsets from orchardcorset.com (on mobile so it won't let me link) Its a US company so I'm not sure how bad their shipping is for other countries but quality wise I've never owned a better corset.

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

«First  <  110 11 12 | Page of 12  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us