Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: WAISTED. All corset threads here.

Baby Mook

Date:
CORSET MANIA. ALL CORSET THREADS.

hey, i like got a huge obsession 4 wearing corsets, an its all cool 2 get it on wen i'm wit a frnd or at home.... but duz ANY1 hav any idea how tha hell 2 lace dem up wen u got no help???weirdface.gif

-- Edited by candiclaus on Wednesday 25th of August 2010 11:05:28 AM

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:
RE: LACING CORSETS???

You could try lacing them up at the front, semi-tight, then spinning it round so that the lacing's at the back then tightening it all the way up?

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Honoured Mook

Date:

If you're going to wear corsets properly, then I'm afraid you're going to have to get a maid. The design hasn't changed but the social circumstances have...

Regular Crew

Date:

I find it fairly easy to do them up behind me..

I write on here (sometimes!)

Honoured Mook

Date:
Corsets, way too pretty to be underwear. A little help please?

After reading the article on corsets, i'm smitten with the idea of wearing one. But not with the idea of dislodging my organs. "But they're so pretty!", I think to myself. "I want's!" Basically, where can I get one, where can I find one that isn't a bitch to wear and how to wear it?

-- Edited by apple juliet sherry at 20:20, 2008-01-20

-- Edited by apple juliet sherry at 01:49, 2008-05-30

Honoured Mook

Date:

Depends on what you want - underbust, overbust (wombling free...!), waspire, cincher, basque...

Then, of course, you can go for plastic boning that's flexible, stiff plastic boning or your full on steel marlarky.

If I were you, I'd get on the eBay and scout around at some plastic boned ones first (get lace up one, on no account zippy ones because laces adjust to your shape more, so it's more comfortable), that'll ease you in, then if you want to bite the bullet, save up and go to Camden, where there's loadsa shops in the corset way - but if you want something pretty, it'll cost you. You can get plain, underbust things for £40, but plain full corsets start at £60 - £70, with decorative ones anywhere from £120 to £300. Have fun shopping!

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I'm a big fan of online ordering, especially where craft and unusual clothing is concerned, because then you can get some stuff you'd never find in your area.

Freudian Slip's advice was brilliant. You could also try googline for corsets online, and if you find some you like, don't buy them - send the site owner an email first explaining what you're looking for and which corset they think would be most comfortable for you to wear.

And post a pic if you get one!

x

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I looked on E-Bay...God so many fetish corsets! I'm sixteen here! I'm trying to find out how to wear one without looking like I came out of ye olde french brotheol! Would a long sleeve under it make it more modest? Or is that impossible?

Regular Crew

Date:

If it's made of thin material, you can wear a long sleeve underneath. You kinda have to if it's an under-bust corset (unless you're very fetish smile.gif)

One thing to bear in mind when choosing a corset is that the sizing is for the size you will end up, not the size your waist is naturally. Depending on how comfy you want it (if you could ever refer to wearing a corset as 'comfy'!), you should get one 2-4 inches less than your waist measurement. It's a good idea to try it out before buying, anyway.

Oh, and you'll need a friend to help you tighten it once it's on! I have many happy memories of much huffing and puffing and hilarity helping my friends get ready for goth nights smile.gif

Honoured Mook

Date:

Wearing them over a plain shirt is a good look, but only if it's quite thin, else you'll look lumpy and bumpy in all the wrong places!

Regular Crew

Date:

try wearing one over a shirt made of fishnet material. yes i know its a little slutty but it looks radical

Regular Crew

Date:

I have made a few corsets in my time. They are actually very comfy. But then again they are made to my exact measurements. If wearing a properly made corset you won't be short of breath, or have internal organ relocation, and you can wear them all day. I'm too lazy at the moment to do a google search and paste links at the moment. But patterns are out there for free. I usually make my own. And a tip when making your own corset, boning can be tricky. I suggest industrial strength zip ties (found at a hardware store or home store such as lowes or home depot). They are plastic, so semi-flexible and completely machine washable!

And go Ker-Slpat.
~By Me

Regular Crew

Date:

its cool that you can make your own, but I dont think many of us could(no offence). I've not much idea about corsets, except that there are loads on Soho's emoclothing online. Just google soho's emo and it'll take you there. Compared to what other peoples said I think its quite a reasonable price on most. Also while your there, order a matching skirt, there beautiful. With dangling straps and lace and fishnet.......Have fun!smile.gif

[spoiler]

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

go to charlotte ruse. its an amazing store wtith these thing that look like corsets but wont kill u. u could wear it over a cami with some jeans and a plaid skirt.

goddamit! who took my yogurt????!!!

Regular Crew

Date:

i have one that's black & red with spider webs (:
i got it at hot topic when i was like, 11 lmao .
its really tight on me now though but it doesn't look all that slutty.
i wish it still fit (N)
oh well lol.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:
Tightlacing

Okay, so I've been wearing steel boned corsets for nearly a year now. I absolutley love them <3 and I really want to start waist training and I was wondering if there was anyone here who'd done this? I've been doing a little research on the interweb but haven't really come up with any practical help. How long should I wear my corset for per day? Is it okay to sleep in them? What are the effects likely to be? How soon will I start seeing results? Also any web links with information would be greatly appreciated :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have never done this myself, but it last months bizarre there was a feature on it. They said to pretty much wear it all the time, at least 20 hrs out of the day, and yes, they are ok to sleep in. And the effects are likely to be you get a smaller waist! But they said to be careful because obviously if you have it too tight it can cause to be become light headed and uncomfortable. They also said that if you start to feel like this or uncomfortable at all, then you should loosen it or take it off. I think it will be a couple of months at least before you start seeing results.

Honoured Mook

Date:

If you lace down too quickly, there have been cases of organ distortion. but only in extreme cases..

lock the cellar door, and baby... talk dirty to me.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

i was into tightlacing not to long ago and managed to seriously damage one of my ribs with out feeling it so a little advice make sure that your corset is straight and check your ribs each day for damage. good luck

Regular Crew

Date:

How do you check if you've damaged your ribs?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

If you go on to bizarremag.com they might still have that article on there.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm a sporadic tightlacer, some months I'll be good and wear a corset for the day and then I'll go months without any traning. My lower 'floating ribs' are still pushed in, apparently this is the only permanent change once you've stopped tight lacing.
I find the winnter alot easier to train in than the summer because when it's hot it's one layer you can't take off - 2 if you have a liner under the corset.
Anyway good luck and tell us all how it goes.
x

When I grow up I want to be a catterpillar!

Baby Mook

Date:
corset-buying

does any one know where (either online or in London) i could buy a cheapish (under 30) lace-up corset which is properly lined?
thanks so much
xxxxxxxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Lord. You could always try Camden and that general area, there are some little stalls there that sell stuff like that, near the food court.
Not sure of prices though, but they seem like OK quality to me.

It's your best bet I'd say.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I'd doubt you'd get a decent corset for under £30 :S

Lush Guru

Date:

Yeah I don't think so either. You can't get good quality ones for that much less than £50 I think.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Not for 30 quid I dont think, but I got a gorgeous well-made one from ann summers for 50 quid. Also try ebay.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

theres some lovely steel boned ones on ebay for £35 :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

There's a shop in Bradford (near Leeds) called Discovery that did some steel-boned corsets for £15, which were actually really good quality, but plain. (:

Voltaire -

"The best way to become boring is to say everything."

Nami, the brutal Mook.

[Tumblog][Facebook][DeviantArt][Vampirefreaks]†

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Wish I had money right now... I really want one...

Here is my blog.
1 2 312  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us