Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Beauty Tips!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Beauty Tips!

Nothing ever really worked as well as baby powder for me - I found some decent dry shampoos, but baby powder is so cheap that it was never really worth sticking with anything else.

I don't have any great tips but I hope this thread stays alive because I enjoy beauty talk so much! I guess I would give these tips if I had to:

- find products that work for you and stick with them. Your BFF might have the same skin type, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll have success with the same products. If it's not working for you, ditch it.

- be consistent! Don't give using five new products on your face every day. Stick to your skin routine as best you can - if you know there are times you just can't get up and do a full skin routine, have a backup. Even just gentle makeup wipes and a spritz of toner or dab of moisturiser/serum are better than going to bed with a dirty face full of makeup. Keep stuff next to your bed for nights when you're tired/drunk/whatever.

- natural products aren't always better. I know there's a huge focus on natural stuff right now, and it definitely has its place, but you have to find products that work for you and that might mean not everything in your skincare routine is natural. I try to stay away from things on the extreme end of the spectrum, but it's okay if you like a product that has both natural and artificial ingredients.

- youtube is really cool for finding tips on skincare, haircare and makeup :)

(just realised this is very much about skincare. I'm very very into my skincare :p but also I'm bald, so haircare is not a priority!)

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sounds a bit of a naff beauty tip, but try using 50% less foundation, and then investing in a decent concealer (I like Rimmel's Lasting Finish for blemishes and 17's Lasting Perfection for under eyes) to use sparingly (perhaps applying with a very small brush) on anything that needs extra coverage. I've found this creates a much better and more natural finish, and has made me more confident in my skin, because it makes me realise how I don't need very much product to get a flawless look.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I use sunflower oil to cleanse and it works really well i just rub some in and wipe it off with cotton wool, it's less likely to block your pores than coconut oil, I stil use coconut sometimes though.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

«First  <  1 2 3 | Page of 3  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us