Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What's wrong with Fishnets?

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:
RE: What's wrong with Fishnets?

How cool would it be if someone got a tattoo of a fish on their leg, and then wore fishnets over it?
I sound so simple.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Lush Guru

Date:

Haha that would be ace though.

I just wanted to contribute. :(

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That would be clever. I would just be like "Ohhh I see what you did there!"

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I really want to know who started wearing fishnets in the first place- did a fisherman's wife run out of stockings one day and thought, "screw it, something's better than nothing"?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I was thinking that yesterday when I was putting together a circus costume and wondering if orange fishnets were too much. Internet searches produced some random information (fishnet body stockings appearing in Aesop's fables of all places).

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Honoured Mook

Date:

Angels, I did a circus act once at school and it had bright pink fishnets over long black tights with a fluro green poofy see-through skirt, a pink singlet over a black turtlenect-long sleeved shirt and a fluro green wig. My partner wore the same but opposite colours. It looked awesome.

Also, I own one pair of knee-high white tights and I get weird looks for wearing them under long skirts. You only see the damned things when I hitch my skirt up a bit to go up stairs or sit strangely. *shrugs* It is a mystery how decent clothing gets weird looks.

Mind you, once or twice I've deserved the looks... But only once or twice. I hate short skirts normally, just sometimes I kinda like shocking... :)

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I've never had problems when wearing ripped fishnets (Oh God that sounds slutty even as I type...) The only problem I have with them are my mates' fascination with pulling the holes bigger xD I need some new ones actually, ta for the reminder!

-- Edited by Bebe Baudelaire on Sunday 26th of September 2010 04:58:23 PM

"I'd love to stay here and be normal
But then it's just so overrated."

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I feel ur pain!!!!
My BEST FRIEND, who has quite a reputation for being friendly with the opposite sex, recently looked at my tights and said:

"Goodness Sof, we all know you charge by the hour, no need to rub it in!"

She tried to make it sound like she was joking but really she is just one of those unlucky people who is silly enough to believe in stereotypes.

U ROCK THOSE FISHIES, AND SHOW THEM WHO IS BOSS.

SAY MOOKY IF YOU AGREE.

Be good. 

Honoured Mook

Date:

Screw them. I love fishnets and stockings and didn't think they were sexual in any way. When I was around 12 I really wanted some fishnets and I didn't know why everyone was so against them. Wear what you like - honest to god, if I saw you in the street I would come and ask where you got them from. :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Love them too except I always break them, however I never throw them away as they just get layered over different coloured tights and worn until they turn into a big ball of nylon string.

The night

Hath been to me a more familiar face

Than that of man; and in her starry shade

Of dim and solitary loveliness 

I learned the language of another world.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Indeed the world has gone mad. People have no problem watching MTV, Rap videos, JERSEY SHORE, and wearing string bikinis but fishnets are too much? Ya societies views are distorted and they are hypocrites for judging something that in truth behind closed doors turns them on.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

A bit late I suppose but in the war women would make fishnet stockings out of well, fishing nets! I was thinking fish net tights with little toy fish and various other sea themed objects would be brilliant.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Oh yeah...I remember my dad being shocked when I bought a pair of fishnets when I was 12. He was like 'HAVE YOU SEEN THESE?' to my mum, but she encouraged me to wear them in the first place...there's nothing sexual about them, I wanted a pair because I thought they were cool and punk rawk.

Although I have to say they are actually really uncomfortable anyway...

Tumblr

Regular Crew

Date:

The first time I wore fishnets to school, this little kid who was about nine and who I'd NEVER seen before walked up to me with this little smirk and said 'What, is there a hooker convention in town?'. I was rather shocked, mostly because nine year olds don't usually know what hookers are, and they don't really know the stigma surrounding fish nets. And the fact that he had the guts to go up to someone much older and say that surprised me quite a lot.

And Florie, I think that is an amazing idea.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I was wearing fishnets underneath a pair of denim shorts the other the day and a few girls actually stopped walking to point and say "eww, that's just disgusting"

That really confused me! Doesn't stop me from wearing fishnets though :)

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

@Victoryxx That's an amazing idea. I would probably end up getting a fish tattoo on my leg just for that.

@Metaphysical Hahaha little kids..... Kick him in the balls! No, wait, that's a bad idea...

Gawsh, my mom is really funny about fishnets. She lets me wear gloves with them, but whenever I mention wearing fishnet stockings she says she doesn't want me to look like a hooker. But she then says I would look good in other kinds of clothes that a hooker would wear, like hoop earrings and high heels. I keep telling her, with the kind of outfit I would wear fishnets with, I would probably look a lot more "Gothic" or something than I ever would "slutty". But I'm sure she doesn't even listen to my arguments, because, at this point she has her mind made up and nobody can change it. She likes to fancy herself conservative.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Just thinking about this again confused me slightly. Fishnets are simply tights that are made with a different pattern to let's say, the lacy variety. More flesh can be seen through some lace tights than fishnets. I'm guessing that it isn't so much about the flesh that is on show, rather the cliched stigma that appears to be attached to them. Still confused. Tights are basically about covering up, whatever the style (and they all look fab) Stangely, girls who go out dressed in practically nothing but their underwear (locally) receive less negative comments than a girl wearing fishnets. The last time I wore them, they were with cropped trousers and boots, there was about six inches of fishnet showing and there were still fishnet related comments. Very confused.

The night

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I bought a pair of fishnet stockings a few months ago and when it came time for me to wear them for the first time they were gone. I tore my room up and then cleaned every inch of it but it was just gone. I know their was foul play involved because my fishnets were in my wardrobe until the day I was supposed to wear them....mom!furious

I'm thinking she burned them at the stake behind my back, or just threw them in the trash.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Regular Crew

Date:

MarshmallowNoise wrote:

I bought a pair of fishnet stockings a few months ago and when it came time for me to wear them for the first time they were gone. I tore my room up and then cleaned every inch of it but it was just gone. I know their was foul play involved because my fishnets were in my wardrobe until the day I was supposed to wear them....mom!furious

I'm thinking she burned them at the stake behind my back, or just threw them in the trash.

Probably the second option I'm guessing? smile

Have you asked her about it?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I give many thanks that I was brought up by parents who were actually pretty liberal despite what I used to think. They never tried to enforce their views on my sister and I but they did offer guidance on outfit choices and accepted that once we were 18 we were adults and could make up our own minds.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Zombiecakes wrote:
MarshmallowNoise wrote:

Probably the second option I'm guessing? smile

Have you asked her about it?

Yep! Although she denied having anything to do with my fishnet's disappearance she couldn't stop the cheshire grin from coming across her face. I have to remember I got my sneaky gene from her. I wish my parents were a bit more like Spikeyfaerie's parents.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Baby Mook

Date:

Whatever happens rational, polite debate? I do not see how you write, in any way for constructive and serious, I suggest you check your mouth, we are good people, we will not tolerate those who speak in this way.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Erm...whut?

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Haha, that spam is too good to delete... 'I suggest you check your mouth, we are good people!'

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The "we" sounds ominous. Perhaps "they" own all our base. Jings!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Last time I checked my mouth there was clearly no spam in it, just a good, modestly fashioned two day old doughnut. The lack of tolerance for those who 'speak in this way' might suggest that the mystery poster has an issue with fishnets?

The night

«First  <  1 2 3 4 | Page of 4  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us