Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: I hate fake specs!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
I hate fake specs!

^Because it's less common and the pack mentality is to point out people who are different so you can try and fit in more.

Personally I wish I was a red head. I adore ginger hair. If I wasn't allowed to dye my hair pink and blue or had to stay a natural colour I'd probably go ginger. It's a blessing having bright hair that makes you stand out without having to dye it.

Also, now you've pointed out this whole fake glasses thing would be like me getting pissy at a blonde who'd dyed her hair brown, I realise how stupid it is. What's the beef man? Just live your life. :P

-- Edited by electrosexual on Friday 23rd of July 2010 03:34:36 PM

Regular Crew

Date:

Exactly!
Being different is beautiful - and I think that it's great to see people wear more daring things in order to be more original. Of course, we're not all obliged to adore what others decide to wear or do to their hair etc but I think we should all respect it and encourage people to express themselves through their style :):)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I am ginger AND have glasses! However, I do flaunt both of these facts, by making my hair EVEN REDDER, and wearing MASSIVE glasses!! Maybe I should be told off too?!

TELL ME OFF!!!!

(don't really, I'll cry)

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Regular Crew

Date:

Candiclaus honestly I just want to give you a high-five right now because you probably look ultra-cool!
kind of jealous, I wish I had bright red hair and freckles :( I WANT FRECKLES!

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

What is it with English people and "gingers" anyway? The first time I heard that having red was something negative was when encountering British people. When I was a kid we all admired the children with red hair! And I think it is double odd that red hair is supposed to ugly in Britain, after all isn't it the core area for natural red hair?

Oh and I've said it before and I'll say it again: pale skin doesn't get burned if you use really strong sunscreen religiously. And pale redheads are so lovely when they are tanned!

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That is true, I mean we're originally red headed Celtic warriors. We should be proud of our gingers over here. I blame the stupid people.

Honoured Mook

Date:

My best friend has natural red hair and it is the most beautiful colour I have seen =]

I saw him too. He had a guitar. He winked at me before he jumped out a fourth floor window like he had wings. 

He winked at you?  [tsk] Musicians. 

Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. 
What are you talking about? 
You heard me rapping, right? 

Honoured Mook

Date:

See, this is one of the reasons I love Mooky so much :D Red hair is appreciated just as much as every other hair colour, unlike my old secondary school where it was basically seen as a sign of inferiority.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I've never really understood why so many people in Britain have such a problem with red head's, it's a beautiful hair colour! I remember when my Auntie had her son and she was genuinely upset and embarassed about the fact that his hair was slightly strawberry blonde I mean wtf?!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

i sort of understand its irritating when anyone but my sister does it but then shes a crazy 9 year old whos obsessed with harajuku and has great fashion sense !!

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

i think its funny how pathetic people are when they bully gingers i to think its a lovely hair colour and i even know lots of people whove dyed their hair ginger including myself :)

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

If i thought it would suit my natural colouring at all i'd dye my hair the same colour as emily from skins in an instant. I think red hair is so pretty and so unusual. But then I also wish I had curly hair and that I was a good 5 inches shorter, it's the same as everything else I guess, wanting what you don't have.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

candiclaus wrote:

I am ginger AND have glasses! However, I do flaunt both of these facts, by making my hair EVEN REDDER, and wearing MASSIVE glasses!! Maybe I should be told off too?!

TELL ME OFF!!!!

(don't really, I'll cry)

I can't-you're too awesome to ever chastise!

Someone also posted this link a while back. Title says it all. ;)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Regular Crew

Date:

:O JEALOUS

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

sparkle and fade wrote:

What you're ranting on about is as if you dyed your hair red and a REAL redhead came up to you and got all pissy because it wasn't natural for you to have hair that color, therefore in her opinion you shouldn't have it.

:(

Real ginger "Oh, you're a ginge too =)"

Fake ginger "I dye mine though"

Real ginger "EURGH FUCK OFF GINGE"

That is what your post made me think. My friend has the most amazing hair ever. It's mega long (like to her arse) and a really gorgeous ginger colour. If she wasn't my best friend I'd actually hate her for having such naturally gorgeous hair.

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I don't need glasses, but I've been told that when I do wear them I look like a girl on the French exchange I had a massive Crush on, back in the day. (Okay, I still like her...) I don't really like the trend, but I don't hate it - trends come and go. I remember when leggings were considered the most awful things ever, but now they're fashionable again.

Shutter Shades, though, I hate. They look ridiculous and I've only ever seen them worn by Kanye West and wanna-be scene kids (like "Spanky" of the "band" Scene Kidz).

My hair is not ginger, as I'm sure the Mooks who went to the meet will confirm, but people at school still used to laugh at me. "Is that your natural hair colour? Ahaaa unluckaaaaay, ginger!" Whut?

I have, however, been overcome with a desire to henna my hair, because the colours are beautiful and going to the meet made me jealous of all your lovely red hairs!

I am a socialite, an artist, a poet.

Lady Moustache of Mooky

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My mum had LOVELY bright orange hair when she was a kiddie. I dislike that she did not pass this onto me. Although her hair is all thinning now, and I have my dads massively thick hair so perhaps its a blessing in disguise?

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

Regular Crew

Date:

Picklechops - It's what I was imagining the exchange between the redhead and fake redhead would be like too :P

mikimetchi - my friend got me shutter shades. I'm ashamed to admit I think they're cool as a piece of erm... art? I would never ever in a million years be caught wearing them though.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

*sigh*

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Lol this turned a bit random didn't it?

I'm ginger and proud... kinda. In summer the sun lightens my hair and I dye it darker and redder, but it's my natural WINTER colour. Therefore I am neither real ginger nor fake, I am only meeeeeeee.

Its funny how many people love ginger hair when I think of how many people have bullied me for it in the past. I doubt that any of those people had real reason to do it except it was the done thing. However, I don't care. It made me who I am today. It gave me thicker skin then those 'perfect' people who are now out in a world that doesn't share their views.

To link this back to the origional topic before we get lost in a sea of randomness, I wouldn't hate fake specs or fake gingers. It's a massive compliment.

Ooh, I've just remembered something. Judas had red hair and when he betreyed Jesus he went and hung himself, supposedly becoming a vampire. Therefore red hair and vampirism went hand in hand in lots of cultures for centuries. So I'm ginger, semi-gothic, pale AND I don't sparkle. FEAR ME MUAHAHAHA!!

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Oh sweet I did not know that! Excuse me ladies, I am off to draw a picture of zombie Jesus and vampire Judas. Love. It.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Antonym, I actually fell off my chair laughing at that. I have GOT to see that picture. I'd draw it myself if I could draw at all...

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Regular Crew

Date:

I totally agree with what Sparkle and Fade said about wearing fake specs being like dying your hair.

Personally, I do have real glasses for reading, driving, etc. They're for astigmatism only so I can see without them, but wearing them makes my eyes feel less strained. I often wear them all day just because I like how they look and not because I actually need them :)

Instead of being angry about people who teased you now wearing glasses, you should be happy that specs are coming into style. This means that less people who need to wear glasses will be teased in the future and children won't be afraid to get glasses if they really need them.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Allow me to share my opinion on the matter, FACEPALM!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Facepalm indeed.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Antonym wrote:

Oh sweet I did not know that! Excuse me ladies, I am off to draw a picture of zombie Jesus and vampire Judas. Love. It.

I actually googled this, and apparently Judas WAS the first vampire and all vampires are apparently related to him. Also, get this- before Eve there was a woman called Lilith, who according to the Bible was probably the first feminist. She left Eden because Adam wouldn't stop dominating her during sex. She then became the mother of demons and was used as an excuse for the sudden deaths of infants. God had to make Eve out of Adam's rib to replace her.

Well, you learn something new every day!

Edit: Here is the excerpt I found about Lilith...

After God created Adam, who was alone, He said, 'It is not good for man to be alone.' He then created a woman for Adam, from the earth, as He had created Adam himself, and called her Lilith. Adam and Lilith immediately began to fight. She said, 'I will not lie below,' and he said, 'I will not lie beneath you, but only on top. For you are fit only to be in the bottom position, while I am to be the superior one.' Lilith responded, 'We are equal to each other inasmuch as we were both created from the earth.' But they would not listen to one another. When Lilith saw this, she pronounced the Ineffable Name and flew away into the air.

Adam stood in prayer before his Creator: 'Sovereign of the universe!' he said, 'the woman you gave me has run away.' At once, the Holy One, blessed be He, sent these three angels Senoy, Sansenoy, and Semangelof, to bring her back.

Said the Holy One to Adam, 'If she agrees to come back, what is made is good. If not, she must permit one hundred of her children to die every day.' The angels left God and pursued Lilith, whom they overtook in the midst of the sea, in the mighty waters wherein the Egyptians were destined to drown. They told her God's word, but she did not wish to return. The angels said, 'We shall drown you in the sea.

'Leave me!' she said. 'I was created only to cause sickness to infants. If the infant is male, I have dominion over him for eight days after his birth, and if female, for twenty days.

When the angels heard Lilith's words, they insisted she go back. But she swore to them by the name of the living and eternal God: 'Whenever I see you or your names or your forms in an amulet, I will have no power over that infant.' She also agreed to have one hundred of her children die every day. Accordingly, every day one hundred demons perish, and for the same reason, we write the angels' names on the amulets of young children. When Lilith sees their names, she remembers her oath, and the child recovers.

-- Edited by Lady Misery on Wednesday 11th of August 2010 06:54:45 PM

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Well they didn't tell you that in school!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^They also didn't teach you that Jesus Was Gother Than Thou.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That site is the best thing I've ever seen. I fucking love Goth Jesus.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

...and apparently Judas WAS the first vampire and all vampires are apparently related to him.

They made a film about that!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

«First  <  1 2 3 4 58  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us