Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Travel for Free

Honoured Mook

Date:
Travel for Free

I have been trying to conjure up as many ways to travel for free (or for cheap) as I can. So far, I've discovered CouchSurfing, WWOOF, SERVAS, Sister Cities International, Autodriveaway, and House Carers. Some other ideas I've garnered are working for a national park, a ski resort, a cruise ship, and looking for other seasonal work.

Do you guys have any tricks of the trade to share? I'll try anything but being a hobo.

Screw the box of chocolates; life is like a chili pepper. How much pleasure you derive depends on how much pain you can stand.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hitch-hike. I thought this was a no-no for girls, but after an enlivening conversation last night with a seasoned lady traveller, I feel far more confident about hitching on my own. She'd been hitching for 16 years and had only had it go wrong once, when a man tried to grab her breasts. That, obviously, is not good, but it does give the impression that the vast majority of drivers are not trying to cop a feel - their hands are firmly on the wheel.

Voltaire -

"The best way to become boring is to say everything."

Nami, the brutal Mook.

[Tumblog][Facebook][DeviantArt][Vampirefreaks

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ Hitch-hiking is boss. :) Dorian taught me how to do it, and I have done it several times on my own.
Some of his tips are: don't go hitch-hiking after dark, trust in your gut if you feel that someone is sketchy, try to pick a ride at gas stations or rest stops because there you have more people to pick from and you also can take a look at them first.

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm no help. Have fun, though.

You don't know me.
Never will never will

I'm outside your picture frame ...
... and the glass is breaking. 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us