Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Why guns are not to be used to do any body piercings, including ears

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: Why guns are not to be used to do any body piercings, including ears

My friend had her ears done with a gun in Claires when she was about 6...she wiggled too much and instead of piercing it straight through like this --- (yep using punctuation as an ear guide haha!) they did it on an angle like this \ so that you could not only see the jewel in the stud but the back of it was resting under her earlobe so that you could see the entire of it. Insane.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Honoured Mook

Date:

I had my earlobes done with a gun 3 times before we realised the issue - my earlobes are too thick, they swelled and I had to yank the stud out with pliers each time. Not nice!

- Hannah Belle.

I hear the roar of a big machine,
Two worlds and in between,
Hot metal and methedrine,
I hear empire down.

Regular Crew

Date:

I really wish I had this information before I pierced my cartilage.  Luckily nothing bad happened to me but I just cringe thinking that this could have happened to me.  o.o  At least I was smart enough not to go to claires where there are 16 year old girls piercing your ears.  D:  

My cartilage piercing was pretty spur of the moment so I didn't do my research at all about piercings.  Next time I get something pierced it will be with a needle.  

oh looky a blog~ 

Regular Crew

Date:

This entire topic makes all my piercings wince! I actually got my ears pierced last year, at a place that used a gun. When I raised the issue that you aren't supposed to use guns for any piercings, the piercer had a nice little retort and reassured me it was fine, and I was too nervous to argue with her. I had no problems with them, but I would certainly never get any more piercings with a gun, just in case.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us