Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: BRIGHT, COLOURFUL HAIR.

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Bright red without bleach on light brown hair?

we-eeelll... this isn't me, but it;s the first one that came up on google images. :D

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Schwarzkopf%20live%20hypnotic%20red/hannahasprey/Hair230308A.jpg

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

merged the threads, as the topics are almost identical.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Honoured Mook

Date:
Which hair dye brand lasts?

Skulky wrote:

I followed advice I found on this thread on hairextensionsforum.com... ignore the "leave for 15-30 minutes" instructions. Leave it for hours. Put a plastic bag over your hair, tape it on, and sleep in it.

I only did my hair the other day so can't testify to how long it lasts, but certainly seemed to be rinsing out less than when I last dyed it. It gives it time to sink in and permeate the hair, rather than just tickling it!

Yeah, that 15-30 minutes thing is widely regarded to be rubbish. Even if you're dying unbleached hair you'll get a better result if you leave the dye on for a couple of hours. If you are dying unbleached hair it also helps if you dry your hair out as much as possible before you dye it, ie. get it a bit damaged. I used to wash my hair with soap before dying it!

But do patch test everything! And test the dye on hair from your hairbrush first so you can preview the results :)

-- Edited by ladyjulianne on Sunday 18th of July 2010 05:03:09 PM

Baby Mook

Date:

When I use a dye like manic panic or special effects, I put it in before bed, then wrap my hair in plasticwrap and sleep in it. It helps A LOT.

I've recently been using a brand called 'NRage. There's not much about them online, but I used their teal about a month and a half ago and it's still a nice teal/skyblue. I used their pink one step bleach and color a few years ago, and I tried dying black over a month later and the pink came through the black! You just couldn't kill that color. It's really great.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I hear a lot of people saying to sleep in the dye, but I find it incredibly uncomfortable. For starters, even if I use a shower cap, it russles, and it makes my head itch (because of the heat I assume) and it's just uncomfortable. How doyou guys manage it?

Honoured Mook

Date:

I've used Stargazer about four times and it always faded after just one wash. Do effects differ according to the condition of your hair?

You say you want to live in the darkness?
~ Tumblr! ~

Zip

Honoured Mook

Date:

lottie_lavender wrote:

I've used Stargazer about four times and it always faded after just one wash. Do effects differ according to the condition of your hair?

Generally, the more damaged your hair, the more the dye will take to it. That's why I always do mine immediately after bleaching, when my hair is in a terrible state.

Fuzzy little man peach.

Tumblr

Honoured Mook

Date:

The last dye I used has worked wonderfully - at least 30 shampoos, and it's only faded a teeny-tiny bit (and I have super thick hair so most stuff washes right out within days). But I can't remember the brand name for the life of me...sigh. I'll look for it next time I'm at the drugstore, 'cuz it's worth recommending.

"I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, and more of a woman than you'll ever get." -- Angel Dumott Schunard
Deb

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: BEST semi-permenant hair colour. [Stargazer/Manic Panic/Crazy Colour/Directions, etc.]

Special Effects definatley. Manic Panic rubs off on everything and Directions never stuck properly.
Stargazer is pretty good though.

Oh Deborah, do you recall?

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I've only ever used directions and stargazer. Stargazer washed out right away, but directions lasted 2 weaks (though I don't know if that was just because the directions one was greener). I didn't pre-lighten my hair because I'm worried about doing it myself and my hairdresser is my Mums best friend who is very much against unnatural colours, and even more so against me going lighter.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Lol, she has no say. She's not even your mother.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm just going to say definatley, definatley Special Effects all the way, I need to do my roots and freshen up the dye so I spent yesterday with clarifying shampoo on my hair because its a good way of getting all the colour out (I like to go from scratch to get the colour even) and its no way out. Still pink.

Oh Deborah, do you recall?

Honoured Mook

Date:

I like Stargazer now. Was using Directions and it faded to orange. Sure, Stargazer fades, but damn does it fade pretty!!!

www.tabifarrowphotography.vpweb.co.uk

Resident Disability Rights Advisor :)

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^I bought stargazer in blue. I hope it fades nicely. :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Squee! It should, methinks. I used Stargazer blue over blonde, a few years back. It said "six washes". Um, Five months later and okai, it *had* faded, but it was still very blue!!

Tumblr

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Cool! It's only a fiver in the market so I'll be able to keep on buying it instead of ordering online. I wanna be blue naaaaoooow.

-- Edited by electrosexual on Saturday 31st of July 2010 08:48:04 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Stargazer is a bit strange with me. Some bits of my pink has faded almost completely, but it's only at the ends, and it's a few random bits all over my head. The rest of the colour is still bright and vibrant as when I first dyed it. A bit odd.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Capulett wrote:

Stargazer is a bit strange with me. Some bits of my pink has faded almost completely, but it's only at the ends, and it's a few random bits all over my head. The rest of the colour is still bright and vibrant as when I first dyed it. A bit odd.

That's what happened with me! After a few weeks with Stargazer magenta, the top half of my hair was bright pink but the ends were totally faded out to orange (the colour of the bleached hair underneath).

-- Edited by Antonym on Monday 2nd of August 2010 12:37:25 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ It's magenta that I've used as well! And I have one big orange bit right at the front of my hair, which is just bloomin' lovely haha. It's very strange. When I used to dye my hair solid black the ends always faded to my natural colour as well, while the top half of my head was fine.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

^ I was on the tube home the other day after a gig, quite drunk, and there was a girl with the most AMAZING pink hair, I staggered up to her and asked which hairdye she'd used, and it turns out she'd used Stargazer magenta! It must have been pretty recently dyed though, it was all evenly coloured and lovely.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It's such a pretty colour. I want to BE that colour. Phyiscally. I would be the happiest little magenta blob out there!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My current pink (directions) does that. At the roots it's still the colour it was dyed but after a couple of inches it's this sickening orange colour. I hate it I hate it I hate it!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm going to be using Manic Panic's 'Purple Haze' on my UNBLEACHED hair tomorrow... I have light brown hair with flecks of dark blond? Anyways I realize it will not be bright and might just add a tint, but I figured it's easier to try this first to see how it is, rather than going to bleach right away. I will be doing streaks and will have loads of dye leftover... so can always go get bleach later.

My question -- should I apply it to towel-dried/slightly damp hair or to dry hair? The instructions say damp, but some reviews say that blowdrying hair will make it more porous=more dye sinks in. Thoughts on what would be best?

Edit: Well I ended up semi-drying it, and think that having damp hair would just be easier to work with if anyone else is wondering. I'll have to post later once I know how long it lasts...

-- Edited by lemonslimes on Thursday 5th of August 2010 01:10:59 AM

-- Edited by lemonslimes on Thursday 5th of August 2010 05:43:58 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

i usually use edirevtions as it lasts longer but i have stargazer shicking pink literally in my hair now ! but thats because i couldnt be bothered to walk from blue banana to the goth shop because the only pink directions that blue banana sold was pastel pink so i bought shocking pink instead biggrin

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Baby Mook

Date:

Yes,this a perfect a semi permanent hair colour,you choose a best hair colour for that and you care it after a you coloured your hair and you do massage with oil and also do deep conditioning this way you protect your hair and it looks a very nice.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Pahahaha "it looks a a very nice" Borat? :D

Tumblr

Baby Mook

Date:
RE: Bright hair care

Hair care,you must care your hair,using natural things for hair like henna,egg,curd,aloe-Vera for hair and also do deep massage with oil regular and do deep conditioning this best for hair and use coconut oil ,almond oil for hair and take healthy food that contain more vitamin this best for hair,after hair bath try not to use comb directly,Hair is delicate and needs good care.

Regular Crew

Date:

My only advice to add is that heat styling with straightners or curlers causes colour to fade much more quickly. Try and avoid them if you normally use them.

Honoured Mook

Date:
What hair colors have you had?

For some of you im sure it will be a long and interesting list.
My curiosity has gotten the best of me yet again. heheh soo
oh and what is your natural color?

My list:
single colors: Combinations:
Hot pink                            black and pink
light pink                           black and red
light blonde                       black and green
white                                 blonde and black [coon tails]
blue                                   blonde and black [one side blondeone side black]
teal                                    blue purple green & teal [it made me look like a mermaid]
lavender                            pink and blue
purple                                red black and white
green                                
orange
red
yellow
black

theres a lot more that i cant think of at the moment. ):

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My natural hair colour is auburn. Ginger to some, but it wasn't really bright enough to qualify as ginger, really.

I've had (in order) pink and auburn
black and auburn
red
dark brown
black
orange
yellow
blonde
white(ish)
copper
dark brown again
red again
purple
black once more
black and pink
and finally, pink.

I've yet to venture into the realms of blue and green.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us