Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: BRIGHT, COLOURFUL HAIR.

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: BRIGHT, COLOURFUL HAIR.

electrosexual wrote:

FEEL THE MERGY GOODNESS.

Anywho, look at my lovely clip in synthetic dreads I now has. I've been called a mermaid a couple of times while wearing them.

it looks lovely :D and it is rather mermaid like, which in my opinion is good :)

i was thinking of getting a couple randoms colours from directions and dying random streaks and coon tails in my hair :)

TOAST BUSTERS!

i ain't afraid of no toast ;)

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Excuse me while I waffle for a bit (and then skip to the question at the end)...

The long boring story of my colourful hair, starts off with a poker straight platinum blonde bob. To cut the story of my entire childhood short, it was waistlength (I got it cut back to just above my bust once every 6 months), curly at the ends, and mousy by sixth form. Then my Mum's friend decided she wanted to cut it (she's a very good hairdresser), and sudenly it was cute and flattering and I cared about it. At this point it was still mousy, which started to bore me.

My first encounter with stargazer was last summer (after my first first year of uni, which sadly is not a typo, but oh well) and turned out to be disapointing. The blue streaks my mum painstaikingly put into my hair washed out to grey and I was put off both the colour and the brand.

I changed to a turqoise la Riche dye, which gradualy turned oxidised copper green over the course of a few weeks which was an improvement. While I can pull off turquoise hair (I think), green makes me look undead, so I switched again. I went for red because someone told me it stays in better and because Mum didn't want me to go pink. It washed out very gradualy and I ended up dark strawberry bloned (I did redye it a couple of times this time).

When I got to uni this year, I discovered that two of my friends, my boyfriend's brother, and a good proportion of the people milling around had decided to go for a deffinately not natrual red. I got bored of seeing it, and I didn't need it on my head. So I thought I thought I'd transition back to turquois through purple then blue.

I decided to give stargazer another chance and bought "plume". It stained everything, I'm not sure how it got that far up the walls, or how much pigment must be in it to stain most of my back, and I rang my Mum in a panic. She promised to send me some hairdye remover in the post, and I tied my wet hair up and whent to bed.

The next morning I woke up and gloomily trapsed to the mirror knowing if I didn't like this dye I'd be stuck with it for months anyway.  Keeping in mind purple had only been a very temorary mesure, I was shocked.  The darkness made the shine on my hair more prominent, but it also seemed to make my skin (the non purple bits) and eyes look very striking in a good way.  The illusion may not have looked much to most people but I loved it.

Sadly, I found the one thing that the dye comes out of very easily.  You guessed it, hair.  After a couple of tries, I tried la riche purple haze but it wasn't deep or blue enough and just looked like I'd reversed the washout by a few washes.  And I'm questioning the financial sense of redying my hair every single week (it takes half a bottle).

So my question is, does anyone actually know how I can get my hair that perfect colour for more than a few washes?  My Mum's friend who does my hair keeps telling me not to prelighten as my hair won't be as soft or shiny anymore and roots will be a pain and anyway that'd change the final colour and Id need it doing for me since Im still not great at evenly dyeing.  Is there a similar dye, a way to make it last, or a good mix of two longer lasting dyes that I could use?

Baby Mook

Date:
hair extensions clip on off

I can think of it , I love to dye my hair and wear differnt types of color but can you tell which colors doesn't affect hair so much........ I am using some of vogue products but if you could tell then good for me.

http://www.linella.dk/

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: BRIGHT, COLOURFUL HAIR.

lynnabelone wrote:

I can think of it , I love to dye my hair and wear differnt types of color but can you tell which colors doesn't affect hair so much........ I am using some of vogue products but if you could tell then good for me.

http://www.linella.dk/

Piss off.

ANYWAY. On a related note, I am having hair issues. I LOVE my candyfloss pink hair, and usually wait for hot pink to fade (I'm peroxide underneath). But I'd rather just dye it light pink. I've tried Stargazer baby pink and I looked like cooked salmon confuse

I thought Manic Panic's light pink looked really nice, but does anyone have any ideas? OR know if there's a way to mix up a lighter shade?

Much love xx

www.tabifarrowphotography.vpweb.co.uk

Resident Disability Rights Advisor :)

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Just get the pink you usually use, ix it with conditioner and dye your hair that way, will make it a really light shade. I bought my sister the cotton candy manic panic one and it's really nice.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oooo thankies :)

I did try the conditioner thing, I mixed it 50/50 and it was still stupidly pink... So I think I'll go for Cotton Candy. It's the EXACT colour (and if it lasts as long as it says it'll work out cheaper too!)

xxx

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I used my Stargazer's Coral Blue and it completely failed. What did I do wrong? My hair isn't THAT dark. I'm just hoping once it finishes drying it'll be better. I don't think it will be though.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Added some purple to my hair by putting pink dye over the blue. Lalala.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sky blue :) http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/179875_1573608065256_1387197732_31278760_3624406_n.jpg

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Nice Florie and Elecro!

My Pinktasmo and Violet by Crazy Colour, which may I add I hated but I found out that if you leave it on your hair dry for an hour plus its actually very good!

I have some new tropical green by stargazer to try out next!

'Driving My Tea' Since 22.02.2011

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My hair is a lovely shade of grey-brown-green now. But my scalp is bright blue. I am DEFINITELY using pre-lightener next time (which isn't until the Eatser holidays :( )

Honoured Mook

Date:

I've decided I no longer like violet-pink. So I'm going to mix carnation pink with a tiny bit of tangerine and see what it comes out like :D

...I feel like a tester pallette...

Although, does anyone know why this:

One side of hair: 6 inches-ish.
Other side: about an inch.

It gets bleached regularly, then dyed pink.

WHY, oh WHY, does most of it go pretty pink, except the half-inch nearest my roots, on the sort side, which stays dark blonde?!?

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Look what's being reanimated! Since this thread fit a question I have:

I'll be dying my hair purple soon, is the plan. (This is what it looked like last time I used the dye I'll be using. Although there were pink streaks then as well. (Please forgive the overall look; this is like 4 years old and I had no taste back then and liked to frown/strike violent-looking poses in photos. But I did know how to dye my hair)).
Anyway I really want some streaks, too. What colour streaks would look good in a mostly purple hair? Other than pink. This colour fades to a quite nice shade of pink after a while, too, so preferably some colour that works with pink as well.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I had a period when I did my hair in purple and turquoise, I think that was rather nice and also looked good together faded. But it was a bit of a hassle to dye as those colours turn to muck if they mix, so I gave it up when my hair got really long.

Something a bit easier and more subtle would be blue or red? Or orange, but unsure how that would look when faded.

Hrm, now I really want orange/purple/red hair myself. Damn you work :(

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yeah I've experienced that, what with turquoise and purple being the colours of my current streaks  :/

Red doesn't complement purple well... but blue might. Then I can put extra of it in my hair when the purple dye fades to pink. Hm, I might try and get some blue, then.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ooooh, might as well use this threat whilst it's alive again!

I have faded pastel pink hair right now, and am going to get it dyed another colour soon. I've decided I want a half-and-half thing, and can't decide on what pastel combo to go for.

Hence, give me pastel combos please!

-- Edited by Amaranth=Rayne on Saturday 29th of March 2014 04:22:30 PM

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Lilac and baby blue is popular right now, I think. Mint and pink is cute, too!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us