Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Mooncup.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: "Moon Cups" and the like

I'm not that squeamish about periods. I'm more matter of fact about it all than I thought I would be when I started them. So I think it'll be alright for me, once I get the money to buy one.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

candiclaus wrote:

I didn't like it. There wasn't anything *wrong* with it, it just wasn't for me. I didn't like the suctiony feeling it gave me when I took it out.

Your fingers can get icky, but they don't always.you have to wash/wipe it anyway when you take it out, which can be a pain in public, but I think that if you like the mooncup this is all worth it. I might give mine a try again some day.

When I take mine out I kinda squish it first so it's not suctioned (I don't know what the proper word is) and it slides out easier.

Yeah, your fingers get a little bit sticky but you should be washing your hands after going to the toilet anyway so it's alright.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I knew I remembered seeing a Mooncup thread earlier! Strangely, no search results came up. All well.

Screw the box of chocolates; life is like a chili pepper. How much pleasure you derive depends on how much pain you can stand.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think it was in the Health forum.

I love my Mooncup. It hurt taking it out at first, but I wasn't doing it properly and then I panicked, making it worse!
You just have to find a way that works for you, sliding a finger up to break the suction seal makes it a LOT easier!
And yeah you may get a little goop on you, but you can sort that out with toilet paper and you wash your hands anyway so really its OK.
I found it really interesting seeing the blood like that actually. Tampons and towels make it so much more clinical (or at least hidden) I had never really seen it as it is, and it didn't gross me out at all. Also, I can have horribly heavy periods and I have never once leaked. I feel more secure with my Mooncup then I ever did with a tampon.
So all in all, I consider it a good purchase.

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

Souljacker can't get my soul

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I was considering getting a mooncup, but I decided to stick with tampons.

Why?

Because tampons look like mice and it made me laugh.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

LOL im gonna be stuck with the tampon mouse visual for a long time victory

~Facebook~

~Youtube Channel~

Regular Crew

Date:

Speaking of mice and tampons does anyone else think of filters for rolling cigarettes with as mouse tampons?

[/stupidlyofftopic]

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Mixxi wrote:

Speaking of mice and tampons does anyone else think of filters for rolling cigarettes with as mouse tampons?

[/stupidlyofftopic]

LMAO no, but I will now!!!

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I didn't. Filters don't have tails, they're more like guinea pigs than mice.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

or hamsters...

Back on topic(ish), since the mooncup wasn't really my thang, I was thinking of trying lunapads, which are washable sanitary towels. I wonder whether they are more environmentally friendly than ordinary towels. I don't like tampons much.

Oh, back on mice, I knitted a mouse for my aunt for christmas when I was about fifteen, and she used it as a tampon because she thought I had knitted her a tampon. Then she showed it to me. I cried.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^On the mouse thing, that's just unfortunate! My friend Chloe once knitted something that looked like a diagram of a vagina, it was scary.

On the lunapad thing; I think the idea's good, but I don't like the idea of carrying around a bit of fabric that soaks up vajayjaygoo.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Yeah and having to soak them overnight... Seems a bit hasslesome;

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I just thought: wouldn't a woolly tampon be really itchy?

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

that's what my aunt said.

Lush Guru

Date:

Well now I'm off the pill and having periods again I think I'm going to get one.
I just stocked up on ten tonnes of tampons and stuff though so I might get one and hide it til I've used them up. Otherwise they'll just sit there. Badtimes.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

But they don't have to just sit there, you could draw mouse faces on them and make a whole mouse community!

Or carry some in your bag to shove up your nostrils if you get a nosebleed :D

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Hand them out to elderly homosexuals?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I just keep a spare stock of tampons etc for anyone who happens to maybe need one when they are visiting.

Regular Crew

Date:
Moon Cups

They appear a bit intimidating.  I don't really know anyone who uses one, as I don't think they are very popular in the states.  I watched a video on how to insert one, but I am not convinced it wouldn't get stuck inside you no.  Also, does anyone know where I could purchase one that would ship to the US?  Thanks.

Nothing, and is nowhere, and is endless.
Zip

Honoured Mook

Date:

I don't believe they're allowed to distribute to the US, because of some copyright issues concerning the "Divacup". Perhaps you could try that one instead?

Fuzzy little man peach.

Tumblr

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I realise you are very new, Goo Goo Muck, but please notice the search function above ^

There are already quite a few threads on mooncups. I will merge this with those, so you can read what everyone has said about them. Some of us love them, some of us hate them. :)

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: "Moon Cups" and the like

Zip wrote:

I don't believe they're allowed to distribute to the US, because of some copyright issues concerning the "Divacup". Perhaps you could try that one instead?

A divacup?  I've never heard of that.  I am going to google it right now.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have a Mooncup - I gave it a good year, keeping in mind people saying they can be difficult to get used to. Tried all the handy tips other women share about them. I just thought it was the most uncomfortable thing in the world when in. Easy to get in, easy to get out, no mess - just really uncomfortable no matter how I inserted it. I was very aware that I had it in.
Note that I have the smaller size and I'd say I'm a "normal" sized woman in those kind of terms.

:)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

What is a normal sized vagina like?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

No idea, but I'm assuming I have one as I've never had any issues with being too small. *shrug* Maybe I'm just not quite the right shape internally for a Mooncup. I use tampons with no problem.

I've heard of women who just naturally have a very small or tight vagina, and find a Mooncup or similar menstrual products impossible to use as it's so uncomfortable or even painful for them.

-- Edited by Icks on Tuesday 23rd of March 2010 09:00:40 PM

:)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I couldn't handle the mooncup either. It was too irritating. Shame, because I wanted to like it!

Regular Crew

Date:

I've had trouble with tampons in the past.  I would leak a lot, but not because the tampon was oversaturated.  It simply wasn't opening up inside of me.  I'm pretty sure I inserted it properly...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I did it right.  This is why I'm interested in the idea of a cup...but it also makes me worried that the cup will somehow not work for me either.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I've been debating a mooncup for a while but since getting the contarceptive injection my periods have ceased completely, still, might be a good investment in the future when I have the implant removed.

Me and some mates were camping on an island in a lake last summer and one girl went off to pee, she returned with a rather odd expression on her face and when asked what was up she said "I was taking my mooncup out and a boat full of tourist went by, I think some of them took photos"

Blog

Ask me stuff

Please don't worry lover

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Oh LOL!! Also, jealous that your period stopped. Mine just carried on continuously with no breaks when i had the implant.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Holy crap I love my mooncup! I used it for the first time and it was amazing. How did I ever live without it?!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us