Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Mooncup.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
RE: Mooncup

I've never actually used one but a bit of a solution to the changing in public thing.

Don't, sort it at home and you can do it in private and get the whole thing sorted. Mooncups are able to be in longer than tampons, plan ahead. if you want to change it in a public toilet taking a water bottle seems like a good idea. if you're in a communal living type environment with mass bathrooms, perhaps changing it in the shower might be best?

But remember advocacy groups (in AUS at least) make sure all disabled toilets are fitted with a sink INSIDE the toilet cubicle. So if no one else is looking to use the loo, in case of emergency wash your cup in the disabled toilets.

Regular Crew

Date:

Who would put bleach on their hands? Most people wouldnt because it itches; one would ccertainly not want to put bleach in their nether regions. Tampons are bleached to make them white so it can make you all sore down there. Needless to say they arent too eco either.

Pads are quite yucky too - every nappie that was ever used still exists, and its not much different for sanitary towels, which currently float about in the sea. I really really dont like sitting in my own menstrual blood.

I have just bought my mooncup and its my faveorite new thing; i cant wait for my period! Im really lucky that i have a mooky bezzie pal who also has a mooncup to guide me through. If nothing else, it makes those inevitable girlie boy isolating chats about periods more interesting!

Oh, and they are cheaper and last aaaages! So there we have it, woopwoop hell yeah mooncup. Saying that, i am writing this whilst not enjoying menstrual cramps and migrains. Ahh, being a girl. xx

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I would love to be able to use a mooncup but I have enough problems with tampons so there would be no point for me.
Still looking for a more eco friendly 'method' then...

-- Edited by red spirit moon at 11:39, 2008-09-24

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

Regular Crew

Date:

I hear that Moontimes re-usable cotton pads are good if you are still looking for other options; whilst i am chuffed to peices with my mooncup, its not for everybody :) xx

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I got one yesterday, so far it's pretty good.
It's a bit...strange putting it in and out, takes me a while, but I imagine I'll get better in time.
Haven't tried empyting it in public yet, not looking forward to it either, I'm such a prude when it comes to those things.

I, like Magda, kinda like seeing a little cup of warm menses.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I keep wondering about it, but I'm too wimpy. Plus, its a lot of money if i dont like it.
How much blood are we talking here? How long will it last on a really heavy flow?
Any ideas?

Souljacker can't get my soul

Left my carcass with the worms and moles

He can hang my neck from the old flagpole

But the souljacker can't get my soul.

Silly Whore.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Has anyone been swimming with one in?
I swim a helluva lot, and I hate having to wear tampons towards the end of my period when, you know, you don't want to go without incase you get a sudden spurt, as it were, but you're flow is light enough to make getting tampons in quite uncomfy...or would I have the same probs with a mooncup anyhoo?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It says on the website that it is suitable for swimming, sleeping and collects 1/3 as much blood as comes in an average period, so it could last for ages potentially.

Silly Whore.

Regular Crew

Date:

Freudian Slip wrote:

Has anyone been swimming with one in?
I swim a helluva lot, and I hate having to wear tampons towards the end of my period when, you know, you don't want to go without incase you get a sudden spurt, as it were, but you're flow is light enough to make getting tampons in quite uncomfy...or would I have the same probs with a mooncup anyhoo?

... I've been using a mooncup for nearly 2 years, and it's fine to use when your flow is really light :) I feel much more 'leakproof' as it were, when I use a mooncup than I ever did with tampons, which really matters given that I do a lot of sport, and my soccer shorts are white ;) And yes, I've swam with one in. I've trampolined with it too. The only thing I didn't do with it was scuba dive... I was too scared of the pressure changes causing problems.

There is a knack to putting it in -- the first few attempts are a bit of a mission, sometimes, but once you've got it, then sorted. I got mine because I was going to spend two months living in the jungle, and then three months backpacking. Waayyy easier than trying to find decent tampons :D

Honoured Mook

Date:

This is just my opinion, nd its not meant to offend. But....... THTS THE MOST SICK ASS THING IVE EVER SEEN AND HEARD OF! okay....im done.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Thanks for sharing.
"I feel comfortable using tampons/pads and so will be unlikely to change" or "Disposable products are better suited to me" are also viable options for expressing your feelings about using a mooncup to a group of people containing a few who obviously do use it. Just an alternative to calling something disgusting and wacking a 'no offense' on the front because sometimes that kind of thing does offend people. :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Kitty Fire wrote:

I honestly cannot think of any other way to put this, so...

How much bacteria do you think is on your boyfriend's dick? Or does that need to be stored in an airtight bag before insertion too?

Oh my...

Voltaire -

"The best way to become boring is to say everything."

Nami, the brutal Mook.

[Tumblog][Facebook][DeviantArt][Vampirefreaks

MookyDuchess

Date:

Was that too much?
I'd forgotten I'd written that...

See my pictures at this site.
her

Honoured Mook

Date:

Just a touch, too be honest.
Plus it's a bit immature to ignore that condoms are an airtight packet that can stop you getting pregnant and/or HPV (the virus that creates risk of cervical cancer, spread by all sperm, even if he's clear of every other STI, which really can you be sure of wwithout swabbing him everytime).
So yeah, dicks should be in an airtight package before insertion unless you want a baby(there's a failure rate to the pill, if you can, go for two contraceptives).

I'm an expresso-some people think I'm bitter, but I'm just intense

Honoured Mook

Date:

yeah, the failure rate is 1 in 100 per year of usage. So if you use it for 100 years, you will get pregnant once. Or something like that.

Anyway: sort of related to mooncups and therefore should possibly be in this thread?
Anyone here use reusable pads? i've been thinking of getting some in a couple of years hwen i move out. Are they easy to use/wash? Are they more/less comfortable?

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Lush Guru

Date:

I haven't used the reusable pads. I'm really bad at doing clothes washing, so I don't think they're made for me really. They do sound comfy though....I'd be worried about bulk.

Also, 'her' you're naive if you think everyone who is having sex is using condoms.

I think everyone is far too germophobic nowadays, it's why we all get ill so much.

Also:

This is just my opinion, nd its not meant to offend. But....... THTS THE MOST SICK ASS THING IVE EVER SEEN AND HEARD OF! okay....im done.
A) I could show you SO SO much worse.
B) Really, better ways of expressing that. This is meant to be an informative thread, not you being a tit.

-- Edited by Alka at 22:27, 2008-12-05

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I hate pads reusable or otherwise, so I don't think they're for me.

I'm still considering a Mooncup though. Just concerned about washing them inside a cubicle at school and the like. But I'm pretty sure I'd get over it.

And aurora lover, how is it different from tampons or pads? Either way you still end up seeing the blood, there's just less of it.

Silly Whore.

Baby Mook

Date:

I've tried one - it's bigger than a tampon to insert, but it was actually really comfortable once in. The only thing that's put me off a bit is that I found it difficult to get out, and that was just when trying it out with the stem still untrimmed. They do come with instructions to help you if you have problems with this, though. I'm definitely planning to try it again sometime as I think it would be good when you get the knack.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I like the idea of this because its reusable therefore environmentally friendly, but I dont know if I like the idea of having to rinse it out.

Regular Crew

Date:

Alka wrote:

I think everyone is far too germophobic nowadays, it's why we all get ill so much.

This is very true. That's why there are so many allergies these days as well because we are not exposed to certain bacterias. Doctors have recommended that you actually allow your children to play in lots of dirt.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hate to selfishly bring this whole thing back to my reusable pad curiosity but...
my friend and I are going to make and try out reusable pads sometime soon, which I am rather excited about. I will be able to reduce my carbon footprint, save money, and be more comfortable.
We're making them with a top layer of flannel, a few middle layers of terry (like a towel), and then a bottom layer made with one of those washable pet pee pads (to waterproof it).

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ That sounds really good! Let me know how wthat works out.

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Mooncups sound great, I gotta find a way to get one! I'm more worried about tampons being in too long and being too flimsy, and smells and mess with pads (well I found them messy anyway, maybe I just didn't stick to them long enough to get the hang of it though) to be terribly concerned about germs and Mooncups. The only thing that concerns me is this stem. Wonderful because I hate tampon strings, but...what if I couldn't get it out again?

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I've never had big problems with it getting lost up there, had to reach about for a while once or twice, but, as it says in the FAQ, justs need to calm down, relax, try different positions.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I think pads are quite a disgusting concept. They're practically nappies, but I understand that some people have problems with inserting / removing tampons.

Mooncup sounds like a good idea to me.

I am a socialite, an artist, a poet.

Lady Moustache of Mooky

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

myforeverforever wrote:

Hate to selfishly bring this whole thing back to my reusable pad curiosity but...
my friend and I are going to make and try out reusable pads sometime soon, which I am rather excited about. I will be able to reduce my carbon footprint, save money, and be more comfortable.
We're making them with a top layer of flannel, a few middle layers of terry (like a towel), and then a bottom layer made with one of those washable pet pee pads (to waterproof it).

You know you can but them?
http://www.keeper.com.au/moonpads/default.htm

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I though mooncup was a good idea as well with it being eco friendly but the thought of having to take it out and rinse it... eugh! I think Ill just stick to tampons.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I'd buy a mooncup if I had periods. I live in a country where people are obsessed with personal hygiene so there is a little handshower thingy in all toilets. Meaning I could probably empty and rinse it and put it back without lifting my butt from the toilet seat. Much cleaner and nicer than messing around with tampons and pads I think.

Oh, and when I didn't have period I could put it up my nunu to get some extra resistance when doing the exercises XD

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

red spirit moon wrote:

I would love to be able to use a mooncup but I have enough problems with tampons so there would be no point for me.
Still looking for a more eco friendly 'method' then...

-- Edited by red spirit moon at 11:39, 2008-09-24

Hmmm... didn't know where else to put this but I think that I've worked out why I couldn't use tampons before!
I think it was because I had a dodgy shaped hymen that was preventing me inserting them, and that also made sex difficult... but now my hymen has broken (through sex) I might be able to use tampons!

So if I can, no problems, I may consider investing in a mooncup.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

^ I had the exact same problem. Ye gods how I hated those bloody pads! I know some girls break their hymen themselves to get rid of it, but I just found it too painful.

But it all got sorted out after a bit more penetrative sex. I can only advise you to shag as much as possible ;D

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

«First  <  1 2 3 47  >  Last»  | Page of 7  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us