Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Favourite clothing?

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Favourite clothing?

I guess my favorite item, simply because I wear it so much, is a grey/black pinstripe blazer I got from a charity shop (for a measly £1!) about 6/7 years ago. It's definitely stood the test of time, although it is starting to thin around the pockets and under the arms :( I love it because it's a simple but classic item that matches every other piece and style I wear.

I also adore my blue doc martens, which are ancient and beat-up and covered in paint, but they're so comfy I could never replace them.

And it doesn't really count as it's more than one item, but i'm becoming proud of my growing vintage collection, which includes among others a lot of 70's 'hippy' pieces, a 1920's blouse and an old fur coat in surprisingly good condition. I'm especially pleased since most of it has been given to me for free by family friends and relatives, so it's been very cheap :D

"It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms further ... And one fine morning - So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." F.Scott Fitzgerald

My tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm growing scarily attached to my bloomers, although now they're ripped I'm unsure how to patch them. :(

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Honoured Mook

Date:

My Beauty and the Beast underpants..^^...that is all.. :D

Lush Guru

Date:

^^OH WUT. Do want.

Charlie can you not just do a quick sew up? Or would it look clunky and terrible?

Honoured Mook

Date:

A plain black linen skirt that my mum's coworker gave me because it didn't fit her and she couldn't return it. I wear it so often that my mum constantly complains that she's sick of the sight of it.

My charcoal grey sundress that I picked up for £7 in H&M. I wear it over a poloneck or with a shirt over it in the colder months and as a regular sundress in the warmer weather and it goes with just about everything I own.

My New Rocks. I've had them for almost 5 years, worn them to death and they still look like new. Not to mention they are the comfiest boots ever.

Lastly, there's my button-up military style coat. I can't wait for winter to come back so that I can wear it again.

Oh, and my many, many scarves. My current favourites being a sparkly dark green one that I got for £1 in a charity shop and my turquoise pashmina with black skulls that my boyfriend bought for me.

-- Edited by EverFrost on Sunday 24th of April 2011 11:30:58 AM

. Tumblr . Flickr .

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I DID sew them up! Unfortunately the fabric is just disintergrating- wear them for half an hour and they rip right open again. :( Definitely needs a patch.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Regular Crew

Date:

at the moment my favourite clothes I have are my back steamed tights, leopard print dolly shoes, high waist denim shorts and my bandanna. xx

Baby Mook

Date:

Definately anything retro or vintage. I really enjoy the 50's! Anyone else with me?

RetroSwimwear.com

Regular Crew

Date:

Hard to pick just a few of favourites, but I think my leather jeans for their "don't fuck with me" value - for that matter, any of my second-hand leather clothes.
Other second-hand bargains that I wear all the time: a vintage tailored black jacket that was only a pound from the charity shop; tuxedo jacket and pants that I wear when I feel like doing the Marlene look; a vintage kimono-style top that somehow manages to look good with anything - either dressed up with a long satin skirt, or dressed down with jeans.

I have a few corsets, but the one I wear most is my little black waist-clincher - comfortable and stylish at the same time.

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ ooh vintage second hand leather clothing, very yum...one of my favourites is a very old and beaten up black leather police jacket that I used to live in......then I discovered heels....didn't go with heels

The night

Hath been to me a more familiar face

Than that of man; and in her starry shade

Of dim and solitary loveliness 

I learned the language of another world.

Honoured Mook

Date:

My leather jacket. I've lived in it for 5 years now, and don't see any reason for that to change :) also my granny boots, my red leopard jeans and cat pants.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Squirrel wrote:

My leather jacket. I've lived in it for 5 years now, and don't see any reason for that to change :) also my granny boots, my red leopard jeans and cat pants.

GAWWW i really want a leather jacket for my motorbike. cheapest i could find was £80.

I love all my band tees. I've cut a few to make them 80s style! (My misfits one and my Iron Maiden one) I love my training corset :) And all my hair ties. And my denim jacket, which i'm going to patch the hell out soon.

"Wanna do something fun? Wanna go to honeydukes?" "I can't go to honeydukes, i'm on a no sugar diet. GOD HERMIONE YOU'RE SO STUPID!"

Zip

Honoured Mook

Date:

Do shoes count as clothes? If so, I have a pair of Van Gogh-inspired Doc Martens that I painted myself, which are just fantastic.

Fuzzy little man peach.

Tumblr

Regular Crew

Date:

My epic Lolita boots
My Dress i have ordered that will be here in about 4 weeks. :D its amazing
My black leggings.

Honoured Mook

Date:

um. Anything that looks like an oversized ripped up sleeveless t-shirt and skinny jeans.

E.G. THIS BABE.

I love Kirk Hammett too much, it's un-natural.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I own a little white jacket covered in red roses which I picked up at H & M once from the sale rack. I wasn't sure whether I wanted it or not at first so I hid it behind all the other clothes until I'd finished going round the other shops, then at the end I went back and snapped it up. It makes a great statement item!

My white floral shorts, found in the kid's section in Primark for a fiver.

The black and white ballerina style dress I found online during my Black Swan fanatic phase (I still love the film, but in a calmer manner).

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My new bra. It has really good support and its comfy to wear. It makes the most of my 14DD :)

The universe is like one be old book. Full of chapters. Humans are but a "page"

Baby Mook

Date:

Mine favorite clothing is the one which makes me comfortable. I always try to authenticate my dressing with the various accessories as I am not totally dependent on the clothing only.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My big fat steel-toed Docs Martens. And my pink coat with black fur edging. And my pink/black/white-striped knit sweater. And my turquoise underwear set.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My Docs. I've had em since I was 15 and they're the most comfiest, practical footwear I own. Most of my favourite clothes are ridiculously comfortable clothes. Like my baggy leggings that double up as pj bottoms. Oh yeeah.

"You're a tough cookie, but all cookies are crumbly sometimes, that however, makes them no less of a cookie, and they're just as good as any other cookie." ~Indiana Jones

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think my favourite clothing currently is:
My really lovely navy blue mens blazer with a satin collar.
My black crushed velvet playsuit.
My ridiculous gothy pointy toed boots with bat buckles.

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

My boyfriend jeans - they're comfy and look like hobbit trousers.

Regular Crew

Date:

The item of clothing I hold dearest to my heart has to be my good and old black pinstripe blazer. It is very thin so I only wear it on warm days and cold summer nights.

It's old, has been customized in so many different ways, has a lot of history (and its marks), it's flattering and everybody seems to love it.

And it only costed me 14 :p

-- Edited by Ella Sade on Tuesday 11th of February 2014 08:11:39 PM

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Tights and leggings.I have only 3 pairs of them now,but i want more.I usually hate my body but my legs look kinda tall because of my height(i'm 175 cm).

doctor__i_puke_rainbowz_c__by_supremesonrio-d3fsuxe_zps4e836e85.gif

Honoured Mook

Date:

If shoes are counted, my pair of limited edition shiny purple new rocks with a corset effect up the front. Had them for about 8 years and counting! So comfy still, although they have lost their waterproofness :(

Honoured Mook

Date:

A red polka dot dress I bought for £2 from a harity shop and tarted up a bit by stitching some broderie anglaise lace trim around the hem and neckline.
A big comfy multicoloured cardigan my Grandma bought me from Marks and Spencer
A Henry Holland T-shirt with a picture of owls on that my Mum bought me

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us