Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Bleach - what it is and how to use it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Bleach - what it is and how to use it.

Sorry, forgot to reply! Yes, you can get 5vol/1.5% peroxide. I'm not sure what beauty stores in the US sell when it comes to peroxides and things but if it's a wholesale kind of place (somewhere that does trade and public) then you should be able to find some.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Spikeyfaerie wrote:

TADA! I read this yesterday on my mobile and have actually remembered to come back and answer it.

OK, first of all make sure you're not mixing the bleach too runny cos that'll make it easier to control where it goes (it doesn't have to be too thick but it also shouldn't drip off the tint brush - use a tint/highlighting brush to apply). Next thing...tinfoil. Ordinary kitchen foil is fine. Cut a wide strip and place it round your head so the edge sits along the roots at the back of your fringe, essentially covering some of the top of your head and looking like an alice band. Apply the bleach to the roots of your fringe in front of the foil then use the pointy end of the brush and section your hair from side to side and place that backwards onto the foil. You can apply a wee bit more bleach to the underneath of that section so the hair is properly coated. Repeat bleaching and sectioning working your way forward on your fringe. If you feel that you're starting to put the ends of your fringe onto the bleach you can put another bit of foil in the middle of your fringe.

Does that make any sense? I'm so much better at showing or talking than typing out an explanation. If you need me to re-word it I'll try my best :)

Hiya Spikey!

Yes, your advice makes perfect sense to me. Thank you so much.

I read this not long after you posted, but had to read and run because I went away for a few days. I have bought some foil and will be sorting my hair out (and dying it green! Hurrah!) as soon as it's been cut. The shaved part is far too long now and I've a fair amount of root on show, as my hair grows at an astonishing speed. I'm hoping Robbie will be free tomorrow to break out the clippers!

Thanks again, Mrs. Faerie. You is lovely.

xxx Eve

Honoured Mook

Date:

Yo ho!
I want to dye my (naturally medium to dishwater blonde) hair turquoise with blue ends using Directions.
I used ordinary blonde hair dye from the drugstore to lighten it up. It worked - it's just that the dye was (apparently) too weak and now I'm stuck with copper blonde hair that's still a bit too dark to dye over. Can I use blonde hair dye on it again in order to lighten it up more without fucking up my hair too much? I love my long hair and I want to damage it as little as possible.

You don't know me.
Never will never will

I'm outside your picture frame ...
... and the glass is breaking. 

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

It will depend on the condition of your hair. Depending how much copper is in your hair you might not get it to ever be white blonde without totally wrecking the condition. If you used a blonde colour rather than a bleach/lightener then you are putting more stuff into your hair rather than removing depth and tone.

Baby Mook

Date:

Most of the women in this current world face some different type of a problem to their body. In this situation, I have some new informative information about how to solve women waistline problem in this link below: waistlab.com/. here You collect some new information about how to solve women body problem.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Fuck off, fuck off again, and then fuck off some more.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^ exactly what charlie said

so what if i love each feather an each spangle, why not try an see things from a different angle?

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 | Page of 5  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us