Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Hair Care Lair - Where even more hair related threads will come to dye...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Growing Hair and Idea?

Thanks!

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Another bleach question

My pink is already fading as my hair wasn't bleached, so I want to bleach my hair and then re-do the pink so that it's super-bright.
Questions:
Will bleaching over fading pink work?
My hair is in a so-so state, few split ends but not majorly damaged, will bleaching mean I'll have to chop it all off? (Trying to grow it..)
What brands have you tried and been successful with?

I'm afraid, my mum tells me it'll ruin my hair.. but then I do really want it super pink!

Advice/reassurance/warnings welcome! My hair is naturally light brown with blondeyish highlights.

Lush Guru

Date:

Yes.
Not necessarily. Just be careful, and condition a lot.
Jerome Russell B Blonde.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'd reccomend Clairol bleach to be honest. I've used Jerome Russell and it's pretty good, but I've never had as good a result with anything as I have with Clairol [I think it's called Born Blonde, but I'll check for you].

Should be fine bleaching over already-pink hair. Your hair might just go to really light pink after bleaching, but that'll still be good. And it shouldn't kill your hair as long as you condition it to death after you've bleached! Never ever skimp on bleach and go for cheap shit...the one time I did that my hair started snapping off and I regretted it for a very long time.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thanks! I don't think you can get the Jerome Russell one in Ireland, I'll have a look for that and the Clairol one though. And if I can't find them.. the most expensive I can find.. o.O

Honoured Mook

Date:

I kind of want to do the same thing over my purpley-pink hair, but my hair is already so damaged I'm just going to cut it and wait for it to fade. My roots do need re-bleaching though.

Fea

Regular Crew

Date:

You have GORGEOUS hair colour! :D Have you tried to apply henna on your hair?It makes wonders on damaged hair since it wraps the hair in a protective layer and it's COMPLETELY natural [herbal].But be careful!!!Getting dye over henna can be a bit tricky so if you're gonna do it choose the colour closest to the colour you want to have later[you can find henna mixed with indigo to get dark brown to black shade] or one close to your natural hair [normal red henna].

I have dark brown to black hair,dyed it for over half a year bright red [no bleach].Then I dyed it henna bright red,it didn't cover my roots[they just turned chocolate or hazelnut brown] so I went back to chemical dye.It applied on my roots no problem and all the way down my hair except the ends.They took in the colour a bit worse then the rest.But henna really recovered my hair from a half a year dying in just one applying! :D

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thanks! My hair colour is actually dyed, but it's not far off from my natural colour.
Hmmm... I may try Henna. I think a red would be best because it would probably tint or give a sheen to my natural red-headedness. I'll try Henna if my mom allows me. She is very picky.

Baby Mook

Date:

I work at a salon/day spa. I'm not a hairdresser, but I am a receptionist there. I've been there for 2 years and the girls say the best kind of shampoo is Pureology. It's expensive, but it's concentrated, so it will last up to like 50 shampoos(easily with your hair because it's shorter). And it's the best shampoo for colored hair.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hmmm.... I might get that shampoo then. But, I'll first see how long my newly bought Aussie Formula Shampoo and Condition for Coloured hair lasts, so far the colour looks brilliant after just one use so I may buy it again. I don't know yet.

Regular Crew

Date:

You really should try henna, it's great! A while ago i dyed my hair with henna and it really a makes it all lovely and shiny!
And what's also great is that it sort of fades away after a while and doesn't leave nasty roots. (:
The only downside of it is having to have it on your hair for hours..
I remember sitting there and waiting with my head all clingfilmed and stuffy and it had a really strong smell, too :D
I'd try the same sort of shade you have now.
Oh and I don't now what you did with it, but on the pic it doesn't look frizzy or poofy at all, it looks great. :D
And gotta to love the Death Note poster in the background ;)

NYAPPY

girls like boys boys like girls boys like boys girls like girls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I may try Henna and I know where to get it for once! My hair doesn't look puffy is the pic because I had backcombed it and killed it with hairspray.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Another bleach question

I bought a box of Clairol Born Blonde! I dunno if one box will be enough though? My hair's about two inches past my shoulders..

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'd get another one just to be on the safe side, otherwise if you dont have enough the colour will be uneven.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

*admits to uneven hair bleaching*

I bleached the purple out so I could go red (it ended up a bit orangeyer than I wanted) but yeah, I didn't put it on properly.

If you can, maybe get someone to help if you've never bleached before, it's thicker than dye so doesn't just move through your hair. I had a lovely sort of leopard print effect going on where I didn't have enough at some bits and more on others. lol!!!

I'm going back to purple today.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

bleaching hair that is already not in good condition is not a good idea. Why not mix some of the colour with your conditioner and use it as a deep treatment to touch up the pink? If you are trying to grow your hair you should take care of it. You might get away with bleaching but then you really have to baby your hair. Have a look over at longhaircommunity.com to get advise on how to grow hair. Some of them are really purist about their hair but the advise is good!:)
Good luck!

Regular Crew

Date:

henna is permanent, very very permanent. You can't bleach it out without either destoying your hair or settle on orange or a nasty yellow. And it does leave roots. I have used henna for a couple of years now and it hasn't faded a bit, still bright red. Henna is wonderful if you'd like to be a redhead for a couple of years or cut it off when you get tired of it. It really is good for your hair, but it doesn't wrap around your hair, it penetrates it and binds with the keratin itself.
Makes hair awesome and conditions.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Another bleach question

Thank you all for your advice!
It's already done now and I really love the shade of pink!
It went horribly orange and uneven since I was crap at the bleaching part but that doesn't matter since it's all covered up =P
So far so good with the condition too, am just going to pamper it to death with conditioners.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Well, since I am a red head already I don't think a little bit of a difference would be bad, but I do appreciate a different opinion.

Honoured Mook

Date:
So i'm probably a complete idiot.. but does semi-perm black dye exist?

i've always wanted to dye my hair black
mom doesn't like that idea because it 'won't come out' and apparently it 'ruins your hair'

im thinking of a compramise with semi-permanent dye, which is always fun :D

does it exist (in the US)

thankies:)

-- Edited by [crazy]girl on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 09:32:42 PM

Lush Guru

Date:
RE: So i'm probably retarted, but does semi-perm black dye exist?

Yes it exists. Yes it'll come out. Your hair will be fine.

Your mum however will not be pleased and only you will know how much that'll affect you.

Honoured Mook

Date:

haha. i don't plan on dying it without permission

i'm trying to find a way that gets permission :P

plus, it's still pink-purple. so imma wait to do that =)

-- Edited by [crazy]girl on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 08:22:58 PM

Honoured Mook

Date:

With some brands it'll stop being black relatively quickly, but your hair might be dark brown for quite a long time. The Boy put semi-permanent black on his hair in February and it's only just returned to his natural mid-brown.

Honoured Mook

Date:

dya mind if i show that pic to my girlfriend? i think that's the kind of mohawk she wants....

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:
RE: So i'm probably retarted, but does semi-perm black dye exist?

Since you have your answer I feel I can now say this. 'retarded' is not only and insulting word, one which is very disrespectful, but you also spelled it wrong.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Honoured Mook

Date:
So i'm probably a complete idiot.. but does semi-perm black dye exist?

thanks.. ..
yeah i do know that..
does editing titles work here cus i could do that

*edit*yaythat worked

-- Edited by [crazy]girl on Wednesday 24th of June 2009 09:33:01 PM

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

Thankyou.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Honoured Mook

Date:

If you're going to use semi-permanent, be aware of what brand you use, how light your hair is and how well it takes colour. My sister used a semi-permanent black on her light brown hair, and it took ages for the black to wash out.

I am seriously beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I'm in the same boat as you.
also:
with semipermanent dyes, does your hair always return to your natural color? cause i heard that they can ultimately lighten your hair.

~Facebook~

~Youtube Channel~

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Go head! I don't mind.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 614  >  Last»  | Page of 14  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us