Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Hair Care Lair - Where even more hair related threads will come to dye...

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Black to blonde hair, oh my!

Just the original one... it's called something like 'classic clean'. Give it a go! I've been using it every day (sometimes twice a day, but not all the time) although I've been using a good conditioner as well (to avoid my hair going dry). Hope this has helped :D

Regular Crew

Date:

Ive been using the one with the mint I think, and its stripped some out so my hair is no longer black but rather dark brown, with like a red sheen to it. Might try the classic one, see if it does something a bit more drastic.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Ellie wrote:
OR, even if you do want to bleach, perhaps it'd be a good idea to use Head & Shoulders (or another anti-dandruff / deep cleansing shampoo) for a week or maybe two and THEN bleach, rather than bleaching it from a really intense black.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Head and shoulders dries out your hair.

But, if you want to do that, use intense conditioner and hair masks.

Regular Crew

Date:

Yeah, go for it. I guess everyone's hair is different but I'd defo recommend it. Mine's gone brown with a very blonde sheen over it.

Regular Crew

Date:

My bleached hair evenually broke off! Lucyly it was the back of my head bottom half above my neck It was like 2 inch so i had it all cut that length So now its like a bob its ok really but im gonna let the black die grow out i think!!

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm in the process of growing out the black, but its taking so looooooong.

Plus I look like a reet tramp with roots XD

I wanted a quicker solution, but I guess there isnt one that doesnt frazzle your hair...

Oh well.

-- Edited by Saiyuri at 15:25, 2009-02-09

Regular Crew

Date:
From Black to Blonde.

My hair was bright blue a few months back, but an incident happened and to get my boyfriend to stop bitching at me about me getting my nails done (he is ridiculous and boring and retarded, for more information on the nails story go ahead and ask) I dyed my hair black (as I said, he's boring). I bought semipermanent dye and used it... but the whole bottle only covered part of my hair, so I grabbed a spare black hair dye box that was permanent and used that. Huge mistake. I had it in for about a month and a half. I bleached my hair out with 40vol, which I had done before but was apparently a bad move, then it turned a medium brown with blonde pieces. That was a month+ ago. I deep condition with eggs, mayonnaise, honey, olive oil, storbought conditioners, and anything you can think of, but my hair is still incredibly frizzy and hard to manage. I rarely straighten my hair anymore for fear of hurting it even more. I need help, seriously. It's incredibly annoying.

I used to be proud of my hair, but since I dyed it black, I can't be.
I want to get a nice hair cut and be blonde, but I don't know if I'll be able to if this doesn't get better.

My boyfriend just said something really hurtful,
so I'm going to go cry. I will check back here later.

Honoured Mook

Date:

There is already a topic very similar, but...

Yeah, just go and get a short haircut and be done with it.
Same thing happened to me 3 years ago, volume 40 is nasty stuff.
Plus, hair grows, in 6 months time it'll be back to normal.

I would wait on the dying part, wait till its grown a bit.

I would also reccomend a new boyfriend while you're at it.

MookyDuchess

Date:
RE: Black to blonde hair, oh my!

Just merging threads, tidying up the place, nothing to see here.

See my pictures at this site.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hey guys, after two years of dying my poor hair black Ive decided to go black blonde, and then maybe bright or purple. I bought some head and shoulders today to start washing it every day to slowly take the colour out. Do you know how long this will take as I have a hell of a lot of dye on my hair? Also is there anything else I can do in the meantime to make it fade a bit quicker? I want to fade it a lot before I go sticking bleach on it.

Honoured Mook

Date:

It might not work so fast because of the fact you've dyed it black too much (which is something that happened to me).
I have heard, but it might be a myth, that lemon juice, from natural lemons, is a good way to get dye out. Head and shoulders is always good though.
Protect your hair with conditioners and masks before bleaching it, and take hair and nails to make your hair strong to avoid hair breaking.

That's about it! It's basically everything I've said before :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ok cheers, I think I'll just keep going at it with the head and shoulders for a while then smile.gif

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have gone gingery/blonde! It's quite shocking, I used to have long black hair before getting a purple mohawk and now I have short light hair....I like the ginger it's gone, I think it suits me more than white blonde would......but a quality conditioner is the best advice you can get when bleaching out hair....and resting it so it doesn't fall out....mine used to fall out :( but now it's really healthy.

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oh man, I was doing so well with my hair! My hair is black and blonde at the moment (not for much longer D:). I had a white blonde fringe and a chunk of white blonde at the nape of my neck and the rest was black. I started extended the nape of the neck part further up into the black, took Starsfade's advice on leaving time between bleaches and heavy conditioning etc. It was going really well... until today ^^; I don't know how I managed to fuck up this badly, but the underneath of my hair is so fried from the bleach that it feels like overcooked pasta, and isn't drying out after I showered. So it's an emergency trip to the hairdressers this afternoon to chop it all off.

Moral of this story? I'm never bleaching my own hair again ^^;

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Hey guys, Ive been using head and shoulders every day for the last few weeks to try and get some of the black dye out, but there is no change what so ever. Do you know of anything else that could work before I start sticking bleach on my hair?

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Lush Guru

Date:

Fairy liquid!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Erm no thanks, I might leave it for another month or so.

Honoured Mook

Date:

It's because you've dyed your hair black so much.
The reason why head and shoulders worked for Ellie is because she dyed her hair once and quickly did something about it when she discovered she didn't like it.

I've had the same problem, I dyed my hair back 4 years straight.

The only way anything is going to work, is through bleach.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yeah well I saw my sister this morning and she said even though its still black, it isnt as jet black as it was so Im gonna just continue with the shampooing for about another month or so and then bleach it. As long as it goes at least ginger I dont mind because I'll be putting purple straight on the top of it.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My mum has this shampoo (it's a dark purple colour) which she got from the hairdresser - it's actually for grey hair to remove the slight yellow-ish tinge that it can get. I've used it to strip some colour out. It doesn't remove all the colour but it might be worth looking around (check maybe Sally's - the hairdresser's shop) and see if that works? I would use one lot of ordinary shampoo and then the second wash with the purple shampoo, leave for a few minutes, then stick tons of conditioner on my hair.

Honoured Mook

Date:

im naturally dirty blonde and i hate it my hairs been purpley, pinky brown now for months and my mother is putting the pressure on for my to go back blonde...shes a fricking hair nazi!

The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue. Dorothy Parker

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^^ I hate my blonde hair too...it just isn't a nice shade, kinda dirty/mousey. My parents accepted a few years ago that I will probably be a different hair colour every time I get it cut.

Regular Crew

Date:

I went from black to blonde in the space of two weeks, quite an accomplishment haha

I just couldnt be bothered being "inbetweeny" for a long period of time and I was so desprate I took an "awk, it'll be grand, whats the worst that'll happen? I'll be bald? It'll be cool" attitude.

As a result there was alot of breakage, its quite devistating to watch your hair snap in two. My hair was originally shoulder length and now its chin length, with a few annoying little short bits here and there, it actually looks quite edgey and not as accidental as it sounds. I usually wear hair extentsions, alot of people dont know just how short my hair really is.

Now its light blonde, shiney and in an good condition.
It was stressful and alot of work.
I've swore to never -ever- let another colour touch my hair, which is fine, I love being blonde ^_^

If your hair is really important to you black to blonde really isn't a good idea, but if you know you can work anything, go for it, its an adventure.

-- Edited by Ra_Star at 06:48, 2009-03-05

Baby Mook

Date:

hay i died my hair pink 4 3 months and decided it was 2 much hassle keepin it in so i had another bright idea of dyin my hair blond i used 40 vol aswel and i did it 3 times in one niteno i no i shouldnt have bu im payin 4 it now my hair is different lenghts now it been about 2 months and its not growing or getting better iv tryed conditioning and its not working its now chin lenght and i dont no what to do its really fuzzy, hard 2 manage and frizzy wat can i do

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Sorry hun Im not entirely sure, but deep conditioning might work. Olive oil is really good for your hair, so cover your hair in it, wrap clingfilm around it, with a towel over that and leave it for a few hours. That may help a little. Otherwise go and see a hairdresser. As for me, Im going to leave it till the end of the month and then put a lighter on my hair. Then a week later Ive got another one thats fantastic and just neutralises the hair, and if its still not the shade I want a few weeks after that Ill put a blonde hair dye on with lots of conditioning in between!

Baby Mook

Date:

can you explain what deep conditionong is please ?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

just really conditioning your hair

Baby Mook

Date:

ok thank you

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

ok so Ive started bleaching my hair, and so far it is ginger. Ive already had 2 dyes on it and Im going to put another one on it today because there are still a few dark patches left. Hopefully I'll be putting the purple on later, and Im amazed my hair isnt fried yet, it still feels the same.

Baby Mook

Date:

I'm about to do, it seems, the same thing as goth_girl. I'm bleaching my dyed black hair so that I can dye it a semi-permenant purple. I'm using 'excel blue powder bleach' by teknique basics and creme peroxide at 40 vol. I got these from a salon supplies shop, deciding that I'd rather do it at home on the cheap (and of course find out how to do it properly) than pay a fortune. I do have a few questions that I would be very grateful for answers to...
Firstly, is this concentration of peroxide really too strong? Should I go and get it changed to 30 vol? The bleach powder said to use this for really dark shades.
Secondly, as it's not a kit and the things were bought seperately, I don't have instructions telling me how long to leave the stuff on for. Could someone who's done it successfully let me know? Thanks

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us