Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Make up - All merged Make Up threads will come to live here.

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Foundation

I usually don't use foundation - I use a tinted moisturizer followed by a radiance serum and a little powder - much more natural look, and it covers even my crazy horrible frecklage. (Must try the anti-freckle serum somewhere in the beauty tips on here...)
Good luck

Regular Crew

Date:

I have been using dream matt mouse for over a year now and i love it, but everyones skin is different so different people are gonna see other benefits etc

i love it, i only have to use a tiny bit, its not greasy and it lasts ages.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
RE: Ever on the subject of eyeshadow...

urban decay is awesome but expensive.

Kat Von D (LA ink) has bought out her own make up line from sephora. It's on the sephora website so check that out. I really want to get both palettes and the brush set but as it's from the USA I'm a bit reluctant to pay more for the postge than the actual items.

If Urban decay has a website it'd be good to check it out, if not look on selfridges London it could be there

To have more will than fear is to be a super hero.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
RE: Foundation

The thing with foundation is it should totally match your skin tone because it is very easy to go wrong with it.

Short snippet of my song: Bees Knees

Your eyes they still wail out conflict
But you still think your the bees knees
You keep choking on your vulgar slurs
But in the end it's a comforting pity...
You still like to imagine that you are the bees knees.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Disregard my last comment
I JUST bough Covergirl's Aqua Smooth foundation
It's fantastic
It moisturizes your face
has vitamins
and even covers up eczema [extreme red dry spots that are VERY hard to cover]
My skin felt healthier with it on!
=]
[only about 7$ at a Walmart]

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm pregnant so my skin is horrible at the moment, I am afraid to apply anything to it and risk breaking out even more. >__^

P.S. Preggo with a future MookyCHICK !

^_^ *Pregnant with a future Mookychick*

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I love barry M foundation (no.8) you can only get it over the internet but its amaising :P

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I kind of hate foundation. I like wearing make up. Hate foundation.
If my face is feeling bleh then I'll go with a mineral powder.
I prefer people could see my freckles/pimples/whatever else is going on at the time then have skin that looks all matte/fake/dead.

So I'm putting it out there:
MY FACE LOVES BEING NAKED. It's naked all the time. In public even. And I'm not ashamed of it. I love my naked face-skin.

Regular Crew

Date:

Dream Matte Mouse concealer in 'fuck-off pale' is my secret smile.gif
I don't like putting foundation on nice skin so I just balance my face out with concealer under the eyes and on any break outs

-- Edited by Anne Ominous at 11:28, 2008-08-30

Regular Crew

Date:

My search is finally over! I went shopping on eBay, got Hard candy 'out damn spot concealer' and then I nipped to the boots down the road in a panic...night out..no foundation...awful skin (rosecea, pores the size of dinner plates, blueish tones by my eyes, a horrific scar under my eye that looks like a wrinkle...pretty much all the annoying skin problems apart from acne) and picked up Collection 2000's Balancing foundation. The concealer and the foundation mixed together are godly :D

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
Makeup tips - help!

I guess there was a little evil fairy floating around by the time I was born because my face is extremely weird when it comes to makeup. It takes lots of time, patience and even expertise to make my features look presentable. I'm not saying I look horrible without makeup (well yeah, I do) but I feel much better when I'm wearing it. I'm sure some of you mookies might have some tips for me. I'm especially unhappy about my eyes.

I have two major problems:

1. small hooded eyes
I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. It's so difficult to be creative when it comes to hooded eyes makeup. Plus they're small.

2. blond eyelashes & eyebrows
That's the price I have to pay for a lovely pale goth complexion. I can't stand my blond eyelashes and eyebrows. My eyes are small and if I had darker eyelashes that would make them stand out a little more. But I can't find a lash-lengthening mascara in a light brown shade. And even if I use mascara I still look silly because my eyebrows are blond. The thing is, just the thought of shaping my eyebrows with powder and using mascara every day makes me shiver. And my mum will never let me permanently dye my eyelashes & eyebrows.

So, the questions.
How can I bring out my eyes without heavy makeup?
How can I talk my mum into letting me dye my lashes and eyebrows?
Any creative makeup tips for hooded eyes?
Do lash-lengthening & volumising mascaras even exist?
My eyes are greyish blue and black eyeliner is far too dramatic for everyday use (and it looks silly combined with my lashes unless I spend at least 15 minutes in front of the mirror fiddling with mascara). What shade would bring out the colour of my eyes and wouldn't look too unnatural?

I'll be extremely grateful even if you only have an answer to one of my questions. aww

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Honoured Mook

Date:

To bring out eyes, you can use white eyeliner and apply it to the bottom rim of the eyelid, and then put black eyeliner or dark eyeshadow on the outer rim of the bottom eyelid.
It's known as the "doll" look.

Try convincing your mum to let you use non-permanent black dye to dye your eyebrows.
It will come out in 2 washes, but will darken the eyebrows slightly.
If she still doesn't let you, why not tweeze the eyebrows into a thin line so it's barely noticeable?

Eyelashes are easy: black mascara.
If you apply clear mascara and then black mascara over it your eyelashes will be huge.

What I do is I apply several coats of mascara, and then wait for the coat to dry and then apply again. This takes only about 2 minutes to do.

Generally, for hooded eyes, dark eyeshadow doesnt look so good on the top rim, so why not try a bright colour?

And for greyish blue eyes I reccomend a contrasting colour, such as pink, yellow or a jadeish green depending on your skin tone.

And one more thing: If you can, try applying liquid black eyeliner to the top rim of the eye to line the lashes. It will make your eyes go "pop!" But don't go Amy Winehouse style. This will take practice.

-- Edited by starsfade at 18:32, 2008-09-07

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

How can I bring out my eyes without heavy makeup?

White Eyeliner will make your eyes look bigger and a thin line of black or brown around the lash line will maximise the eyes.

How can I talk my mum into letting me dye my lashes and eyebrows?

Try talking to her calmly and explaining why you dont like the clolour you have and the reasons why you would like to change the colour, even opt for a lighter shade than you originally had in mind to begin with.

Any creative makeup tips for hooded eyes?

I really don't know how to answer this, but my answer to everything is usually glitter. I love stargazers products.

Probably not. Although if you try different products you will find one that works for you.

My eyes are greyish blue and black eyeliner is far too dramatic for everyday use . What shade would bring out the colour of my eyes and wouldn't look too unnatural?

Try a light brown. Or if your Mum does let you dye them i light shade, use a darker brown and smudge it.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Honoured Mook

Date:

If you want to bring out your eyes I could suggest using lighter eyeshadow shades, more like pastel colours preferably purples or very light pinks or neutral tones like golds and light browns. Try and stay away from blues as this can make the colour of your eyes seem dull.

Eyeliners though maybe try either plum colours or even grey. I use these colours of eyeliners all the time when I fancy a change from black as I have really bizzarre green eyes and they just look subtly nice and a lot brighter. Using eyeliner on just the top lid and leaving the bottom with nothing can really open your eyes up. Also try using a light shimmery eyeshadow just under your brows which nicely highlights that area.

As for dying your eyelashes/eyebrows, go and see a beautician and take your mother with you. You can ask questions about what colour may be best for you and what options you have. Plus your mother can ask too if she has any worries. I wouldn't do it yourself though the first time incase anything goes wrong.

If you do get this done you can probably just get away with uding clear mascara. But I will suggest in investing in a heated eyelash curler which are better for your lashes than the clamp style ones. I use heated lash curlers because my lashes just stick straight out and don't curl at all, regardless of if I'm wearing mascara or not.

Regular Crew

Date:

do not whatever you do coat your eyes with fiver layers of mascara, less is more! Otherwise they will all clump together and look even worse!!

Do not use dark colors on your eyes as this will make them look smaller, as for your eyebrows tweeze or wax them into a thin line then gently brush a brown eye pencil over the top to make them darker.

When applying eyeliner apply it to the bottom lid only 3/4 of the way round smudging it at the edge of the eye, this will give the eye a wide illusion.

Hope i have helped.

good luck

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

Probably not. Although if you try different products you will find one that works for you.

I find Maybelline XXL Volume & Length great for my eyelashes and I think they do it in brown also, because I disobey and wear black =D Its also not badly priced.

-- Edited by Bebe Baudelaire at 20:15, 2008-09-23

Regular Crew

Date:

Loreal telescopic mascara is AMAZING!!!!! it doesnt make your lashes clump up together or anything, i hav quite long eyelashes but when ime wearing this everyone asks me if i hav false eyelsahes on. i once got into a argument with a teacher about coz ur aloud to wear mascara but not falsies and she didnt beleive me lol. they make ur eyelashes lok so long and if you put a few coats on it makes thm look thick without clumping them. WOOP for this mascara...am i getting to exited? lol. anyway pleez, pleez try it, its ace. lol x

Everybody Talks, and everybody listens, But somehow the truth always comes up missin'
<3

Regular Crew

Date:

oh yeah...and if you have hoded eyes, (like me!!!) then having long eyelashes it will make them luck less hooded lol. xxx
smile.gif

-- Edited by BrokenAngelxxx at 18:39, 2008-10-04

Everybody Talks, and everybody listens, But somehow the truth always comes up missin'
<3

Regular Crew

Date:
New Lipstick - Opinions please!

Its on my display picture - do you guys think its too dark?

Sorry about the cruddy pic!

-- Edited by Bebe Baudelaire at 21:20, 2008-10-03

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:
How do you dye eyebrows in a smashing colour?

Okai, I've browsed the previous threads in this topic (although briefly, I admit. Hope I haven't overlooked something amid the various hairtreads) looking for advise on how to dye my eyebrows in bright, glamorous, unnatural colours.

I understand the bleaching part, and know where to get that for my eyebrows. But where and how do I get dye for them? I was pondering about using the same colour as I use on my hair (manic panic) but of course there are warnings, warnings, warnings: Do NOT use on eyebrows or lashes.

So what am I to think? Is the warning just there to make sure they don't get sued if someone really clumsy and stupid pours the whole jar of dye into their eyes, in which case I can happily (but of course extremely carefully) put some dye on my brows? Or does it mean that the dye is super poisonous and that even a tiny drop on my eyes will make me blind? And in that case, could I use a pair of swimming goggles to protect my eyes when applying the dye?

I'm really clueless here. I tried to google it, But all the forums I came across that discussed dyeing of eyebrows was littered with lame, style-challenged bitches yapping about how natural is sooo much better and how anything vaguely different from that norm is making you look goofy and weird, and oh the horror of not embracing your natural beauty blah blah blah. Reading all that made me reach brand new levels of boredom and irritation simultaneously.furious

So i hope someone here have some experience with this matter, otherwise I will have to be my own guinea pig..

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Ah, I think you'll be fine to use a hair dye as long as you're careful about it, which I'm sure you will be.
I'd love to see pics of it! Should be amazing.

Here is my blog.

Date:

Let's hope so. I don't have a decent camera, but I think there is an old webcam here somewhere.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Date:
RE: New Lipstick - Opinions please!

I don't think it is too dark at all. But I wouldn't have thought it was too dark if it was black, so maybe my opinion isn't really what you are after...

Regular Crew

Date:

i don't think it too dark. it looks nice. :) x

<3

MookyDuchess

Date:

It looks good and suits you well. :)

See my pictures at this site.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Lippy's a nice colour. And Kitty- you've got a higher ranking! Last time I went on a thread about the rankings, "Mooky Deity Most Supreme" was the highest. At least, I think that was what it was.

MookyDuchess

Date:

Yes, you might notice that both Magda and I sport spiffy new rankings. It's because we're very, very special.

See my pictures at this site.

Dame of Mooky

Date:

Your lipstick looks lovely dear, does it taste better than cherry chap stick?

Sorry in advance...

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: Ever on the subject of eyeshadow...

Chapsticks seem to just make it crease faster. Maybe... and this sounds weird, but: could oily skin on my eyelids be it? That sounds really gross, but, hey. Should I be using toner and moisturiser on my eyelids to make eyeshadow stay?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

put tinsy bit of vaseline on your eyes
and then dust on the glorious rainbow power
it will stay on longer

personally i swear by barry m

me loves!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us