Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Make up - All merged Make Up threads will come to live here.

Baby Mook

Date:
Best False Eyelashes

I Recently Wore A Pair Of Falsies To A Xmas Party, And Liked The Way They Looked On Me, Even Managed To Get Them Pretty Close To My Real Ones, But Now I Want MORE!!!

Lol Anyone Wanna Tell Me What Sorts Look Good, I Want Them To Be NOTICEABLE, Coz Not Everyone Realised They Werent Real...

Good Places To Buy Them & Glue etc?

All Help Appreciated! x
[spoiler]

Baby Mook

Date:

Do you have a CVS where you live?
Cuz they have some really simple realistic looking ones.

Baby Mook

Date:

try in claires for rainbow ones

Honoured Mook

Date:
Coloured Eyeliner

How do you wear yours? My lovely mama bought me a blue one and a green one t'other day, (kohl, nt liquid - that's far too civilised for me!), but I'm not sure how to wear it - I don't want to do the whole, black on the bottom lid, coloured on the top, because that just screams agh lilly allen at me, but I'm kinda nervous of putting it all the way around the eye, so anytips of how to apply it so I don't look like the green eyed monster?

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

I'm thinking about ornate makeup for thai dancers. You could use the black eyeliner as usual, then just accentuate with a single dot (or maybe two) of bright eyeliner at the outermost corner of the eye.

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Regular Crew

Date:

Ooh, that sounds pretty.

Personally, I hate eyeliner with a passion. It looks gorgeous, but I've never been able to apply it properly, so I end up looking like a raccoon with no fine motor control. It's terrible. So I just use eyeshadow instead. I cover the lower half of the eyelid with color (usually a sparkly light blue), then pull my lower lid out a ways and put a fine stroke along the top half of the lower lid. I use q-tips, mostly. It's a lovely sort of ethereal, faerie look if you do it right, but just as often I'll get powder in my eye and start crying. But it's better than trying to use eyeliner. So sorry if I haven't been any help at all, which I probably haven't.

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit, and it's filled with people who are filled with shit, and the vermin of the world inhabit it...

Honoured Mook

Date:

I could maybe suggest just putting it on the out most corner of your eyes instead of putting it all the way round. It'll probably look quite efective, but subtle.

Like if you did it as fine as you could get it on the top lid starting from the inner corner, then gradually make it thicker as you go along, then finish it off with a right tiny bit just below your lash line on your lower lid in the corner.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I like to put a very thin line of black around my eye and then put a line of coloured eyeliner around that. But this really only works if you've had a lot of pratice with eyeliner, so I'd advise practising at home on a day when you don't really need it before you show the world.
Hope that helps!

-- Edited by AWOL at 08:08, 2008-02-24

I am seriously beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

Regular Crew

Date:

Magda's idea sounds nice. Go for something less normal than most people would.

Try normal, around-the-eye black eyeliner, but at the corners of your eye (not the ones near your nose, the other ones, and also, with the black eyeliner) extend it past your eye a bit, like amy in this: http://imagebank.ipcmedia.com/imageBank/cache/a/Amy-winehouse1.jpg (but not quite as crazy).

At the top of where you went past the eye, line your black eyeliner with blue,green,orange,pink etc. I think it'd look cool. I'll have to try it.

Dots and lines and stars and any designs around your eye would be nifty, too.

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

and with less cleavage hanging out.

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Before I lost mine *tear- I think it fell out of my pocket last week* I used to wear pink eyeshadow past the corners of my eye [kinda manic cat's eye thing going on there] then go round my eyes in blue eyeliner and blue mascara.

On the note of my lost eyeliner, anyone know a brand that does *good* electric blue eyeliner? I bought a really cheapie one last time- liked the colour, but it was kinda dodgy. Some of the more expensive brands seem to have a limited colour range for liners...

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: Make-up + clothes for the Alternative

I reckon with Harajuku style, anything goes and you WANT it to clash. I tried bright red afew years ago. Looked awful on me, but I reckon gold makeup really suits red hair. Kind of gypsy-ey

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: Coloured Eyeliner

If you're in the UK GOSH cosmetics from Superdrug to good eyeliners for about 5. I used to use Urban Decay 24/7 pencils but because they're so soft they disappeared really quickly. GOSH ones are just as soft but half the price so it's not so bad :)

Alternatively pick up the eyeshadow converter by Urban Decay which turns eyeshadow into liquid liner. It's 10 and has 2 brushes of different thicknesses so you can make it as obvious or subtle as you want.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Thankyou for the advice-- I'm actually in Australia, and we have like NOTHING in the way of alternative makeup brands [or so I thought]. The search continues for good quality blue eyeliner, but I managed to find some cheapie liquid eyeliner at this discount store that opened afew months ago-- glitter aqua! I tried Madga's idea, and it's so purdy! Subtle, but wonderful :D

Also... Any tips on how to apply liquid eyeliner to your lower lash line? I tried... ohh the searing pain as I managed to blink it into my eye! Ouch.

Honoured Mook

Date:
Loose Eyeshadow Powder

Does anyone know any tricks for applying loose eyeshadow powder? Everytime I use it, it seems to fall off during the day, or fall off all over my face and not stay put. Is there any kind of fixative [...vasoline??] that I need to use to make it stay in a coherant form? Also how do you apply those neat little sequin stars people put near their tear ducts? Same magical glue?

Any suggestions would be immensely helpful :D

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I wish I bloody knew! I've always wondered how Dee and Sue from Robots In Disguise get theirs so nice. I'd have thought it'd be a real pisser in the shower when you washed it off. That's what always gets me. Oooo, temporarily blind, owwwwie! But that can be solved with some sorbelene and cotton buds. But even that can be bloody hard!

Regular Crew

Date:

I bought some loose black eyeshadow in every American's favorite crap brand of makeup (New York Color) and in the box came some stuff in a tube that works very well. It didn't come off until I washed it off. You could get that eyecolor or just sneak the tube from the box. I'm not encouraging you to steal, though. Never.

Lush Guru

Date:

Apply it using a wet brush and it should stay better and look more vibrant too.

I need a black loose powder, but one without shimmer or glitter, so if anyone sees one, let me know!

Lush Guru

Date:
RE: Coloured Eyeliner

Don't do it on your wetline. Do it where your lashes are then do your mascara really carefully.

-- Edited by Alka at 15:34, 2008-03-18

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: Loose Eyeshadow Powder

Ooooh! Mysterious NYC sticking stuff...
How I love NYC. Cheap brands do the best colours [but sady seem to lack the staying-on-my-face-power. Thankyou Caytie! I shall endevour to find your "stuff in a tube".
As for you Alka. Same dealio. NYC does those "we have little individual colour rounds and also some loose powder." May come in black. If not, you could buy the regular black stuff [I think it has a bit of shimmer... maybe it's just an onyx/not really black colour.] and drop it on the ground. I accidentally did that with some gold stuff, then hoarded the wreckage into little containers, and they still work.

Thanks guys

Ohh. Me and my friend went crazy with the testers today at our local Cheap Makeup Emporium. Can I stress enough the wonders of glitter makeup?

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

glitter glitter glitter *twitch* gliiiitter

Baby Mook

Date:
Make-up

Hi, im interested in getting some medusa's make-up, especially the electro colours, and was wondering if its good, long lasting, bright make up? if anyone's tried it etc? Just because basically don't want to buy make-up from the States and spend loads on shipping to find out its crappy!!!ARK. Help? If any of you wouldnt mind doing a vote? Ta.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I want it all :)

Liv

My Tumblr :)

Honoured Mook

Date:
Ever on the subject of eyeshadow...

Yes, just what we need, another thread about eyeshadow/ eyeliner/ etc...
Well, yeah.... but this one's going to be different...
Enough of my non-sensical ramblings.

I keep hearing and seeing links to suggested fantastical brands like Medusa's Makeup, Urban Decay and MAC.
Apart from the latter [which I still have to find a department store that stocks them/ look for spare change under the couch because their stuff seems to cost a bomb], we have none of these brands in Australia. At least, not anywhere easily accessable. Any place that offers remotely eye-catching colour stocks the cheap and nasty variety, which rub off and don't look so good on. Next to that, the major brands only stock colours in their chosen colour scheme of several-billion shades of beige or muted lavender.

Do any of my fellow Aussies have any favorite brands? Where should I look? Dare I hazard an Ebay shipped product?

Basically, everyone, what are your favorite brands? Glitter eyeliner? irridescent dust? Neon face paint? Go crazy, guys!

Lush Guru

Date:

Do you get Barry M?

Honoured Mook

Date:

I can't really tell you since i'm not sure which. Though urban decay looks amazing.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I must say that I'm in the same boat as you here. I know there's a store in my city that has good stuff, but yeah, it costs a lot and I never go to that side of the city anyway. Although I will say that I got a pretty good metallic eyeliner from Avon smile.gif

I am seriously beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Um, JOC is really cheap and pretty good, but not so good that you can't believe it's so cheap, Ulta 3 is alright and also cheap, but much like the above, Alicia, BYS, also as above, Be Yourself is the embodiment of cheap shit, but it's glittery so that makes up for it, Australis is not too pricey if you find it marked down or on a sale table and good quality, though a whole lot less outrageous in their colours and stuff...and I found them all at cheap chemists, Target, bargain stores and warehouses, pretty much anywhere underneath a "SALE - $3.00 AND UNDER!" sign. Hang on, were you asking for this info? Well it's here now! My fave glitter eyeliner is BYS, $2, irridescent dust is just white eye shadow is JOC, but there's also glittery stuff from Be Yourself, both of which were either $1.50 or $2, and neon face paint, I found crayon type things in a little craft shop.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Thanks, guys! [Much in agreement of BYS having good colours... that flake off your face after 5 minutes.] Yeah. Bargain bins are good. And Australis, eh? Shall scavenge out some.

Lush Guru

Date:

If you have Barry M they're really good.
If not, sorry, but Aus sucks :P

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us