Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Make up - All merged Make Up threads will come to live here.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: Make up - All merged Make Up threads will come to live here.

I'm think of going back to wearing colors in my makeup. I've been wearing a more natural look lately and I'm getting bored with the look, I feel like myself when my eyes are colorful. I love Coastal 88 eye shadow palette and I have a similar one for my lips.

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yo mooks! My mum just gave me a tube of Primark foundation because it's too light for her, and I've been really pleasantly surprised! It's a really good colour match for me (pretty damn pale and yellow toned, so it's hard to find a good colour), with medium/full buildable coverage and a matte finish (I prefer a dewy finish, but I'm still impressed). It's only £2.50 a tube, so thought it would be worth mentioning for those of you looking for make-up on a budget. :)

(also, am I the only one who misses the hair/make up/clothes threads?)

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Mookface (mod)

Date:

^ Very interesting, I may have to investigate! Thanks for the tip :D

(no, I miss them too!)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Update: Wear over about 5 hours was pretty good. Stayed matte (often I am slightly shiny by this point, so that if a plus if you love matte foundation), but did wear of slightly, but not in a way that was patchy or streaky (with a decent concealer for blemishes this would not be a problem. Didn't crease under my eyes which is a bloody miracle. Didn't oxidise and go weird or orange. The main bad point was it really clung to dry patches (which I have a lot at the moment). It's not perfect, and I wouldn't replace my current foundation with it, but for a product which is a quarter of the price of most other things on the market, it's pretty impressive!

too stupid for the bar

and

Annointed Queen of Mook - Founder and Editor

Date:

1) Does anyone know how to clean make-up brushes? My mum's given me a foundation brush with animal hair (I don't know what kind) and I don't know how to clean it and it's getting claggy. If anyone can help, thank you.

2) In other news, who else has slimy eyes? OH WOE THE CURSE OF SLIMY EYES. Apparently this is called 'oily' but my left eyelid is SO slimy. I've tried everything from foundation to talc but eye makeup never stays on. Tried an Estee Lauder (expensive) "double wear makeup base" and eyeshadow does, finally stay on for around five hours - even on my left eye. There may be cheaper options out there but it's a great relief to finally be able to experiment with colour. I don't like to draw attention to my lips with lipstick - it's all about the eyes for me!

Hello from Mookychick's founder. www.mookychick.co.uk. @mookychick. Mookbook. Stuff. Writes things.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

^^^Cleaning make up brushes is easy as pie! Admittedly I've never used animal hair brushes, but people wash their dogs with shampoo and water so I imagine it's the same? (I also don't have any pet animals to try removing make up from.)
1. Gently lather some shampoo into the bristles and rinse with warm water until it runs clear.
2. Squeeze out the excess moisture.
3. Re-shape the brush with your fingers
4. Leave to dry on a towel overnight.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Magda, I have a cheaper eye make up base suggestion! I sometimes use this eye shadow primer and it's bloody brilliant - you can take a shower and wash your hair and your eyeshadow won't budge. (Hardly surprising since Kryolan is a theatrical make up brand, long-lasting make up is their thing.) 

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've bought a Body Shop cheek and lip tint and I am in love with it. The Pomegranate shade is very similar to Benetint, except it applies better on lips and has a better colour pay off. I look like a Victorian maiden who pinches her cheeks!

too stupid for the bar

and

«First  <  115 16 17 | Page of 17  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us