Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: Body Mody - All Piercing and Tattoo related posts

Date:
Body Mody - All Piercing and Tattoo related posts

As with the hair care, all the posts relating to tattoos or piercings (or tongue splitting or implanting things under your skin or dyeing your skin blue and talking Nav'vi) will wind up here, eventually.

Baby Mook

Date:

I'm a bit of a mod-junkie, so I thought that this was probably a good place to thrown in my two cents and all.
As for tattoos, I have four, so far. My chest-piece being my biggest and personal favorite; it is an anatomical heart that branches into an apple tree in bloom.
Piercings wise: I am in the process of stretching my ears, right now at 7/16ths. I have my tongue, lower right lip, nipples, and septum pierced as well.
I personally love body-mods. I fully respect that it is not for everyone, but for me every piercing and every tattoo means so much more to me then just a layer of ink or metal under the skin. They help me feel comfortable and truly myself in a world where it is far too easy to get lost in the crowd that surrounds you.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I have 14 ear piercings and 2 skin diver implants under my left collarbone - no tattoos, I have no interest in them whatsoever. My lowest lobes are at 4mm at present, my second lobes at 3mm, the third lobe on the left at 3mm - the rest all at 2mm including cartillage.
In the past I've had a "vampire bite" on the side of my neck, both nipples, a microdermal anchor in my throat (NEVER getting a microdermal again), a skin diver in my throat, 2 skin divers under my belly button, a surface piercing on my hip, and various other ear piercings.

Aside from the implants which I can't stretch, ALL of my piercings are beyond 2mm. Smaller gauge jewellery just makes me worry about a cheese-wire effect if it gets snagged on something.

I have a question for the lovely mooks in the UK, though. Does anybody know someone who does scarification in a shop?
I'm keen to have some scars done on my back, possibly branded, and as I expected I'm having difficulty finding someone who *doesn't* work out of their spare bedroom. I have a friend who knows someone who does scarification but he currently doesn't have a shop to work in.

-- Edited by Icks on Thursday 11th of March 2010 08:54:07 AM

:)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

A guy called Mark from Metal Guru probably would (he split another girls tongue on here quite recently) I could PM you his facebook details if you wanted to get in touch with him?

Picklechops - splatterer of a thousand scrota! Don't mess with me! - Pickle according to Dave!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Thanks, I'd really appreciate that Pickle. :)
No-one local seems to do it from what I can tell. I'm happy to travel for it, even though it'll eventually be a whole back that I'll be getting done in stages. Just really need to find out who's around and talk to the people in the know, as such.

The other half and I were recently in Brighton the same weekend as the Brighton Tattoo Convention and I wanted to pop by to find someone to chat about my scars, but we were staying with some of his family and "Oh, I just want to pop out so I can go arrange having a design carved or branded onto my back-" probably wouldn't have left a good impression.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Awww I'd just have said I wanted to go to the Tattoo Convention. They don't have to know you are wanting one or why...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Not sure that would have worked, they had the entire weekend planned out in their heads. Maybe next year. :)

I got in touch with the guy Picklechops recommended last week via facebook (and it was funny as two other friends recommended him too), but haven't heard back yet. I've also mailed around a couple of shops that I've heard do it and not had anything back from them either. I've a few more specific people to try to get hold of to talk to over coming weeks.
Playing the waiting game... :/

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

There's a Tattoo Convention near me in Philadelphia coming up and there's a huge list of artists that are going next weekend. Wish i had money to go. -sigh-

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

i went to the brighton convention and it was the day after payday so i was naughty and got a little back piece... *eeee*

there is another one in bournemouth where i live at the end of may so im putting money aside and getting another one... love it!!!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Yay, Brighton!

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Brighton *is* pretty awesome. The fella and I are there again next weekend for his big brother's birthday, I'm really looking forward to going back.

Still no progress on my branding - what is it with *nobody* answering their phone or e-mails? I've left messages with a few people and shops over the past month, and heard nothing back whatsoever. How rude.

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

New topic, figured I'd save on board space and not make a new thread for it.
I'm considering getting my nose pierced on my left side, but I am not sure whether or not it would suit me.

Here is a picture of my face, for reference.

Other than that, what difficulties may I encounter after getting it done? Particularly with regards to sneezing, putting on foundation, and nose-blowing?

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookface (mod)

Date:

I think it would look cool, were you thinking about a stud or a ring? I got mine done with a stud and it was pretty easy to keep clean, but when I'd had it done for a month or so I went to a party and woke up the next morning with the stud disappeared and the hole had closed up. Basically if you don't get too drunk and get it knocked/pulled out of your nose (which is what I presume must have happened), you'll be fine :P

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think it would suit you. I've got 3, 2 I got studs put in and another a ring. I found the ring was easiest to heal, and it obviously didn't come out by accident when I was asleep pr whatever. For the first month or two don't put make-up on it. If it gets in there it could become infected, I've seen it happen before. Nose blowing, same as normal. If you get a stud though, just put your finger every so lightly on the outside of the stud when you sneeze to make sure it doesn't go flying out.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I saw the picture of you with the fake ring in and it suits you. Do it!!

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Noob question
I have normal ear piercings(20?), and would like to get to a 16 just so i can find earrings i LIKE, rather than what's pratically girl stuff [not sayin i have a problem with it, but...]
Searched around but I'm thinking this gets told via word-of-mouth. Halp?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I don't get what you mean.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

You're wanting to stretch?? I'm assuming you're in the US based on the 20 and 16 thing. I've no idea what 20g is (0.8mm? Mind bogglingly small, anyway), but 16g being roughly 1.2mm is the average size in the UK. If you are interested in stretching, you want to take it extremely slowly and use a suitable lubed tapered piece of jewellery to get up to the next size with 4-6 weeks between stretches.

What do you mean by "earrings i LIKE" - do you want to be able to wear "normal" earrings that are nice as a 20g is sooooo tiny, or do you want to be wearing tunnels, plugs, etc.?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ah right, I was confused. The american sizes always confuse me.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I order a lot of made to order jewellery from a specific person in the US, so I have a vague idea of the gauges used for measurement over there.
Find it a bit odd that after 1cm or so (I think), they stop using gauges and switch to inches. We use mm here, so I'd rather be saying 3/8" - but maybe that'd be a bit of a mouthful to ask for in a shop.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I want a new piercing to replace my sadly departed nose one. (just kept rejecting over and over again for four years until the doctor was like, "just take it out biiiiiitch" or words to that effect...)
I was thinking of some kind of ear piercing. I already have my rook done, and my lobes of course. Any suggestions?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

How about your conch?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I think snug piercings are cute, if your ear is shaped right for it.

Also, I have two "nies" piercings that I'm always getting compliments on, if you like those?
They're also called slip piercings, earpit, inner lobe... basically, if you have shaped lobes, if you grab one and pull it away from your face there's a bit of flesh between your lobe and your head - pierce this! Here's mine and again. They were a bit more painful to heal than normal lobe piercings as they're pinched a bit, but I've had them a few years now and they're the best behaved piercings I've ever had.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Ooh, thanks guys! Next time I am in Brighon I will suggest some of these to the lovely piercing lady I go to!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

goth_girl wrote:

How about your conch?

i love love love my conch peircing

and on another topic what do y'all think of these

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2583691_f520.jpg&imgrefurl=http://hubpages.com/hub/Star-Tattoo-Designs-For-Girls&usg=__yaQHbhwPR9g1-eeMmea7HpOD-ic=&h=748&w=520&sz=42&hl=en&start=18&itbs=1&tbnid=eRp1TA7XFj4VvM:&tbnh=141&tbnw=98&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstar%2Btattoos%2Bleg%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26gbv%3D2%26ie%3DUTF-8%26tbs%3Disch:1

im thinking of getting the one the girl has on her chest but on the top of my outer thigh trailing down wards

'keep the beast in my nature under seaseless attack'

Dame of Mooky (mod)

Date:

Icks wrote:

what is it with *nobody* answering their phone or e-mails?

If you get high off getting ignored, look for something from someone...branding, a job, etc...

(Member of The Facebook Sexist Group Eliminating Squad)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

just a random thought, i would love to see someone get the word tramp tattooed on there lower back (as in tramp stamp)

'keep the beast in my nature under seaseless attack'

Regular Crew

Date:

blizzard of oz wrote:

just a random thought, i would love to see someone get the word tramp tattooed on there lower back (as in tramp stamp)

If I didnt have to spend over $1000 to get it removed when I am in my 30s or 40s I so would.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

To be honest I'd get rid of it the next day with a cheese grater...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Haha yeah.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us