Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: "Letters to my sixteen year old self"

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: "Letters to my sixteen year old self"

Dear 16 year old me.
You get caught, but don't worry, you survive :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

Dear sixteen year old self,

I know this whole advice thing is kind of dumb since you'll actually exist in less than two months, but whatever. It would be cool if you got over your fear of learning to drive, and if you took up yoga. Be patient with Miss Republican Classmate (we will turn her to the dark side yet, I promise,) and don't let Kimzilla get to you. Please finish sewing the Jane Austen dress. Please finish that novel. Please don't accidentally call your incompetant English teacher 'Kimzilla' to her face.

Thanks,
Your aged fifteen year old self.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. - John Lennon

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Dear 14-15 year old Page

Babe dont think for a second longer about getting a fringe just do it! People will just stand back and watch how you change over the next couple of years. For a start you lose nearly 10 kilos sadly you go up and down in weight but dont worry about it your fine. Your skin does clear up and you do get taller. Stop worrying about your height long legs are sexy. There are going to be ups and downs and Im not share if I should tell you this but what the fuck. In July of 2009 you will see with your own eyes Gran die but dont worry she dies peacefully around loved ones. You will love your great Aunt you will get on like a house on fire. Now for that fucktard Adrian forget about him it only lasts a week but it will affect your self esteem for like the next year you dont even really like him. Remember Brendan from the Christmas party last year man is he hot now he will be your first proper crush, love and heart break and know you dont go out with him. If it wasnt for the fact that he works for your father he would go out with you I think anyway. He will flirt with you all night long and yes you do get to hug him. Your 16 year old loves him very much to and she is thinking about getting a small tattoo to think of him by. Now for some really bad news in November of 2008 Dad is diagnosed with prostate cancer this will fuck your life up for the next year. Dont worry sweaty he doesnt die hes still a pain in the arse but you wouldnt have it any other way would you? About mooky tough it out some of them will become your friends and someone you can trust they are all there for you when you need them. Start reading books there the best and dont worry about what people think about you. You have a great punch of friends. I hope I havent made the next few years sound glum because they aint

Love you

Your 16 year old self
PS listern to the The Doors it will rock your boat :)

The universe is like one be old book. Full of chapters. Humans are but a "page"

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Dear 16 year old me,
Welll it's only been half a year since I've seen you.
Some small things have happened but all in all you're back to square one (I think you know what I mean).
Maybe I'll write again when things get better.
Love 17 year old you.
x

It will always be someone elses fantasy

Like fingernails that won't grow.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Dear Sixteen year old kelly,

Life will get better, and in a years time...even though you think you have a met an amazing guy, he's not nearly as amazing as the one you're going to meet four and half years later.

Kelly to be frank, your Dad is a b*****, he will always be a b******, and it's just something you have to deal with...it's not worth the stress and heart-ache in your late teens.

Please don't lock yourself in your bedroom for six weeks. Nan worries, and people do care about you, nobody is going to hurt you.

Try hard with your studies. I know school is hard right now, but there is a time away from it...not everybody is the world are such b*******...and I know home isn't much better.

Try harder with Nan....and Grandad Tom, he's not going to be around for much longer and it'll break your heart. but it'll get better...the pain hurts when he goes, but it's a start of a whole new chapter of your life. And you never stop missing him. Even at the age of twenty two.

The relationship with your mum is going to get better when she divorces that b******, it's going to be a lot of hard work to build it up after years of staying away from her and that s***....But love your mum, because it wasn't her fault....don't blame her for that b*****

I know you can never forgive him for what he did, but move on, it's over now.

Kelly you will be happy. Just do your best. and cut your hair for godsakes. you look much better with it shoulder length....you're a much better person when you've got some nouce about you.
Pull yourself together and get your life back, No one can stop you. You're just a good as anyone else. Remember what Nan told you. You may not think so now, but Nans telling the truth.

You reinvent yourself as a better person. Oh and Mark is gorgeous, Just love him and don't worry.

Loves
Twenty two Year old
Kelly kelsits

P.s you're confused and attracted to both sexes because you're a straight down the middle of the kinsley scale bi-sexual, don't freak out, you're not a weirdo, you've just never heard the term 'bi-sexual' before...and won't until you're eighteem. it's just life, stuff happens.

Yes, you are in love with your best friend Elly.
Good call about not doing anything about it, you'll laugh about it years later.

-- Edited by evilkelsits on Saturday 12th of December 2009 10:44:43 PM

"I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own!"- mythbusters

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Dear Liv,

He's not as far away as you think.

Love Liv x

Liv

My Tumblr :)

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Dear 16 year old Jasmin,
Break up with him now. He is just going to cause you endless misery and sleepless nights, and even though he may seem it now, he is not worth any of your time. Finish with him, concentrate on your studies and go and see your great grandad more, even though it may be scary. But most of all, enjoy life!

Lots of love,
Jasmin
xx

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

To my 16 year old self,

both of your grandparents on your mums side and her youngest sister will die in the space of two months. The boyfriend you have seems oh so charming and cool, but it turns out he's not cool. He's very dangerous and tries to turn you against your parents. He is violent and a restraining order is involved.Yes school is miserable, and it's so hard to see the tears coming from your mums heart every day. Nobody knows about these things in your life, you're so much stronger than you ever realised. You're sad too, very much, but life does get better. You do better in school than you thought, and on the day you get your GCSE results your older sister will be there in a way you never realised until then. There will be a calming feeling that makes you know you will be ok, and you will think it's your grandmother being present with you. The people from school who were marked 'smart' or 'popular' won't turn out how you think. People aren't so flawless or driven. You are about to embark on the best 2 years of your life, the pain in your heart will help you to succeed in your dance exams and college will be so perfect you won't even realise. not without blood sweat and tears though. you get into uni, applying blind because you don't want to get stuck in norwich. then you'll meet someone who will change your views on love forever. uni will be the most miserable thing you've ever done, and this guy completely bursts your bubble. all regrets in your life will be about him as deep down you will always know that you weren't good enough for him, veen though he was perfect for you. Well done surviving being 16, when I'm 25 I'll congradulate my 22year old self for surviving university and hopefully I won't feel so sad about my confined life anympore..

To have more will than fear is to be a super hero.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

To 16 y/o Steph,

Yo. Enjoy being 16 while you can. High school is way easier than college so don't put of those papers!!!! Who cares if you don't have a boyfriend yet? You'll get a wonderful one in college that you met through Moose. Forget about B. He's gay. No seriously. He's gay.

Be grateful for the weight you are because you'll weigh 20 more in the next two years.

Stop cutting. Seriously. You'll have those scars forever and they only lead to awkwardness.

Be open. Be friendly. Spend time with your grandfather. Love and you will be loved. Don't waste your time on John or Phil. They'll only lead to disappointment. Avoid Brian. He has a screwdriver. Get along with mum. Hang in there!

Love,
18 y/o Steph

Baby Mook

Date:

Dear 16 year old me,

How the hell can I be like yok again!?

-your future 20 year old self

-- Edited by MelissaSnazzy on Tuesday 13th of July 2010 04:09:50 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Dear 16 year old me,

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Love,
16 year old me.

Regular Crew

Date:

Dear 16 year old self,

Roll with it. Some things you can't change and that's going to be hard to accept.

Stop playing it safe. I don't mean you should do things without thinking them through first. Calculated risks are good. Safe lives are boring. You figured this out as you got older but then you forgot how to do it again because you were afraid of everything. Fear is the mind-killer...and a time waster.

If you're not having fun why are you doing it?

I'm not going to give you specifics because I don't want anything to change. I turned out pretty cool and had soem wicked cool adventures. The only way to do that though is to risk heartbreak and pain. Again, make the bet, take the risk, throw the dice and roll with it. Remember the pits. Life is like that, you get beat up but man is it worth it to jump in rather than be the pogue who stands and watches on the side pushing people back in. Put on your stompy boots and go.

Stop trying to be so tough. You're going to need your friends when you get older. You can't do it all on your own. If you have to change one thing, it's this: Get help sooner, before the damage is permenant.

Love,
Yourself

Regular Crew

Date:

Dear 16 Year Old Lou

Don't be twat. Seriously. Don't fuck him around. Stop angsting. You'll survive. Quitting is the easy way out and you'll regret it.
And fucking smile you miserable shit.

Love
Lou

Honoured Mook

Date:

Dear 16 year old Robin,

Highschool is fun, isn't it? Enjoy Mrs. Wright's class. Don't make yourself insane for the sake of grades, try to just study and learn for the intrinsic pleasure that it gives you. If you make yourself nuts, you'll end up fucking yourself over because you won't have the emotional strength to learn anything at all. Just relax and take your time.

I guess that's my most basic advice: take your time and relax. You've got your whole life, no need to rush. You survive until at least the eleventh month of your twenty-second year, and if you don't like what you're doing it's okay to change it at any period of life.

I'm not going to tell you what to study, because you learn a lot in the indecision phase. I'm also not going to tell you what to do when it comes to dating, because again it's a pretty heady life lesson.

Oh, and just ride out that existential anxiety phase. Don't let them medicate you, just get out of the house, go into the woods, live with dad. Make yourself a room upstairs, it'll be nice. Stay away from SSRIs, just ask them for some Effexor and sleeping pills.

Love, 22 year old Robin

"All is not lost; the unconquerable will, and study of revenge,
Immortal hate, and courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome.
That glory never shall his wrath or might extort from me."

-Lucifer, Paradise Los
t

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Dear 16 year Old Emma,

You're a smart, pretty girl who gets what she wants and still manages to care about other people. I suppose things are alright now. You're going to do well in your GCSEs, but you already know that because teachers keep telling you. You do get your two A*s in English. And you never stop writing (or haven't yet, and aren't about to).
When you start college, you're going to find you don't see a lot of your old high school friends. Worry about it, please. Take time to see them. Don't just figure that you're all busy and it doesn't matter.
I'm not going to tell you to avoid all the mistakes I made, because you'll probably find something even worse to do. You're going to learn a lot, but you are going to lose a lot. But don't try and shut yourself off from the people that care about you. They love you, and you love them damnit.
Speaking of love, you'll fall into it heart and soul twice before you're nineteen. This is good, however much it hurts. You're going to experience something so wonderful that your cynical self can't believe it. But don't let that stuff spoil it for you. Nothing lasts forever.
Most of all remembr- there are the mistakes you make and the mistakes that make you. And Like Patrick said- life will be okay if you can laugh.

Love,

18 year old Emmi

PS- you change your name to this when your mother buys her first Mario Bros Wii game. At first you hate it, then you find a forum of amazing people who make life all kinds of better and they teach you to like it.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

dear 16 year old florie.
well what to say! i hope school works out, and you got at least a few GCSEs! your probably in college or whatever! i promise i wont do anything awful and ill only ever bleach my roots, dont worry i will try not to make you bald!  i hope you have finally got your own way about peircings and contact lenses, and i hope you finally manage to have huge yet neat and smudgey eyeshadow, as you know at the moment this results in have slightly grubby looking greyish cheeks! how did work experience go? it was such a good chance! espeically as you already know fin so you shant be too lonely hmm im not supposed to be writing to my 15 year old self! but yes its your past so i shall! how is amber? gosh im aweful at maths she must be, 11? gosh my sister is 11 in the future thats strange! did you ever get the courage to ask franklin out? despite him being totally different to you and probably finds your creepy! maybe you shouldnt... have you stopped spending money on random thing that i dont need? please say you have! i hope you have settled in at 6th form or whatever, and thta it is no where near as horrible as secondary school! i hope you meet a nice boy, who dosnt get scared by coffins or your obsession with edgar allan poe. i promice i will be nice to everyone, ill try to talk to people, ill try not to lose friends only make them! im not sure what to say! i wonder what your room is like? please dont paint it unless your idea is as pretty and artistic as it is now! please  please dont get rid of all my little cool things on the shelf!!

ok i promice you that i will wear lots of suncream, eat all my vitimins, eat less sweets, use a hair masque often, i wont be afraid to be myself and ill try to get better so that you can be a healthy, normal, happy 16 year old girl!

love from your 14 year old self xxxx

Florian xxx 

Dont you ever, Stop being dandy, showing me you're handsome. 

He/they pronouns pls

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Dear 16 year old Kristy,

It sucks, it does and it continues to suck for a while, and then you get pleurisy and things suck even more and you feel like things suck so much you may as well be living in a hoover and then your hair falls out and you have to cut it off and you're like, "Dude. This sucks".

You are right, it does suck but there is also a lot of good in that and cutting your hair off makes you feel awesome and suddenly you're free and that's awesome and then you get loads of A's and that's fucking magnificent. Enjoy being sixteen, it's your last year of carefreeness. I wish you would have appreicated that a lot more.

When you turn 17 everything gets adult and difficult and terrible and you'll look back on all those rubbish things and miss them, and laugh about them. You CAN laugh about them.

You do get there in the end, I promise.

Your 18 year old self. x

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Dear 16 year old Clockbox,

Well done. We had good times and now we're having better ones.

But for fuck's sake take your head out of your arse. I know the fact you think you're fucking untouchable has meant that although you hurt a lot of people, you got out scott-free and it hasn't come back to bite you yet, but 22 year old you has a conscience and wishes she could have scarred a few less people.

Also, when you've got a bit of money, buy some better quality hold-ups, stockings and suspender belts. The reason why they ladder / fall down so much isn't because you're doing it wrong, it's because they're cheap.

Love, 22 year old Clockbox.

ALSO, is Lady Contraband still an active member? There is no excuse for reading the Mail. They offered Richard Littlejohn a mind-boggling amount of money to come home from the Sun because they couldn't get enough of his hatred of homosexuals, his reactionary attitude to immigrants and his FUN QUIRKS like comparing a disabled protestor to that wheelchair-bound comedy act in Little Britain. They published that horrific, disrespectful and disgusting article about Stephen Gately, which was only taken down after 25,000 complaints. The Mail is also the paper whose readers were the only ones to complain that Paul and Rachel Chandler, the couple kidnapped by Somalian pirates, had done it for media attention. The Mail is also the only paper who, when the benefits cuts came out, thought the middle classes were suffering more than either the rich or the poverty stricken, because cutting their child benefit meant that they had to pay themselves for things they could already afford.

Why are you to be reading the Mail, a right-wing tabloid hate-rag, if you can't find the Times, a centre-right broadsheet with actual news in it? If you have to read something on the right of the spectrum, read the Telegraph. I don't like them any more, because I'm a leftie, but they at least have some decent non-sensationalist journalism present in the pages. They're the ones that broke the MPs expenses scandal.

-- Edited by clockbox on Friday 7th of January 2011 03:06:17 PM

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Wow, reading these is actually quite heartbreaking!

To my 16 year old self:

Don't go through with that A-Level choice, you'll regret it forever. Pick french instead, it might help you in the future.
That boy you think you like? Don't go out with him, he's a liar and will hurt you and scar you forever. Just wait a bit longer and one day your childhood crush will turn up and make your dreams come true. Give your virginity to him instead, Ryan doesn't deserve it.

Aaron isn't dead, so don't keep mourning for him. You do the right thing by walking away. He'll be your brother forever, whether he's around or not, and you'll think about him every day, but that's all it will ever be.

Flirt and have fun, but don't go round to Dan's house. Trust me on this one, if there is one piece of advice to follow, let it be this. He's sick and twisted and I know you don't believe that now but you'll know.

Your 17th year will be the best of your life. Enjoy download, let your hair down more. You'll never have that freedom again and you'll get over the claustrophobia. Saturday 13th June will be the best night of your life and he dies not long after that, so don't be afraid to cry.
Well done on those two A-Level grades, don't be too upset about the other two, you get brilliant results next year and you'll realise how insignificant that worry was.

Don't celebrate your 18th birthday with friends, they let you down. Let House take you out for a quiet dinner instead.
Fight harder for House. Ask him to marry you if necessary, because I don't think you'll ever get over your decision to let him go.

Story is your best friend and you'll grow to love him even more when you don't see him so much, but don't go to his party; you'll get angry and doubt yourself, agonise over a boy who you will never see again and crash your car the following morning in front of an ambulance that won't stop.

Try to enjoy your first months at uni. You live with shits but your hot journalism lecturer tells you your writing is GOOD and your first grades prove it. You hear that? Good. A newspaper offers you work experience so you must be pretty damn amazing.

You'll doubt yourself and make some wrong decisions, but every experience will shape you. If these things hadn't happened, I wouldn't be writing this letter. You'll get through it.
One last thing.... don't vote for Nick Clegg.

Love, your 18 year old self xxx

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

Regular Crew

Date:

To my 16 y.o self

Since you're starting college early - keep in mind that you might have a lot of trouble being all on you're own. Be ready for setbacks and don't mistake them for weakness or that there is something wrong with you. One day you'll see past regrets and things you see as mistakes and see them as learning experiences.

Looking back... I can't believe that next year, when I'm 26.... that 16 was so long ago! It feels like just yesterday.

-- Edited by thattweetmook on Friday 7th of January 2011 04:10:37 PM

Honoured Mook

Date:

dear 16 year old Lia

first of all, you have the most AMAZING boyfriend, whatever you do DON'T BREAK UP, you will regrett it, trust me, i know. don't get pissed off at him for the most ridiculous things. he really loves you and think's you're the most beautiful girl, but he will not be able to stop you if you break his heart, so please please don't.
take your technical drawing class seriously, and improve quickly, your next teacher is an asshole, and he will yel at you for no reason
don't worry too much about V. and L., don't go searching for a job, don't cry on your way home because you get bullied, your backbone is stronger than theirs, and in the end, you become best friends.
Dino may only be a hamster but he listens, at least that's the impression i got, and he is a way better shoulder to cry on than any human. but he won't be around for much longer :(
and last but certainly not least: don't go back to music camp

love

17 year old Lia

TOAST BUSTERS!

i ain't afraid of no toast ;)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Dear 16 year old Ellie,

Please don't change. Not much, if at all. Enjoy the piercings and the 6th Form/Collge life, and remember that you are awesome. Also, remember to keep writing; who knows, you might be a wonderful novelist!

Lots of love,
15 year old Ellie xx

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Lady Misery wrote:

Dear sixteen year old Rachel,

Sooo, how's it goin', Rach? Are you still a miserable old trout with the brain of a forty year old woman? If so, good. You have not changed much. I hope you're not planning to change- at least, not for the worse -or else I will be very sad and will go and offer advice to six year old Rachel instead. And believe me, that advice is much needed.

Anywho, here's the deal. You promise me not to smoke, drink too much, get into crack ect. or throw yourself in front of a car and I will look after myself better. I mean it. Trimmer waist, conditioned hair, the whole shabang. You'd better do that too; I don't wanna be bald when I reach your age. Oh yeah- and don't have kids. They're a total nightmare. Believe me, I am one.

I hope by now that you know what a polymer is, because I sure as heck don't.

Love, fourteen year old Rachel xxx

Dear fourteen year old Rachel,

It's going okay, thanks. I hope I'm not too much like an aging, unhappy sea creature, but I'm afraid I think I've changed quite a lot. You and me aren't exactly the same person anymore, honey pie. I've gained confidence, lost a lot of weight and learned to look after myself. Those are things you wanted for me, aren't they? For you, I mean. Well, they've been achieved for better or for worse. Also, don't trouble yourself with giving advice to a little girl who didn't know any better. What happened is done, and now there's no going back.

I think you'll be proud to know that I don't smoke, and that the only drink I have is the odd tot of Bailey's now and again when I get a craving for alcoholic chocolate :) I'm not on drugs and I'm not dead, so I guess I've achieved something in your eyes. It seems you kept up your end of the bargain too, kiddo. I have a good head of hair and am childless. Probably always will be, although I wouldn't mind having one some day as troublesome as they are.

I'm afraid I'm a little sketchy on the polymer angle, but that's okay. My knowledge of plastics ain't all that important right now.

Love sixteen year old Rachel xx

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Dear 14 year old Sara,
Cheer up, it all turns out okay. Everything will get better I promise. So don't not eat and don't even start that up again. The trips to the psych ward's really not worth it.
And seriously, dont even start smoking, you have asthma as it is you crazy girl!

Dear 16 year old Sara,
There's so much I want to say. How I want to warn you, tell you how everything is going to happen, how life falls apart, but also how it gets so much better.
Things get so dark, Don't take it out on yourself. You can't control the world around you, you just have to learn how to deal with it and adapt. You're more amazing than you know.

Leave that worthless boy. You deserve SO much better, its not worth the pain and the tears. We all know about the bruises you're terrible at hiding them.  Spend time with your family and friends they love you and hate whats going on. Just listen to them. Love yourself and be happy. You don't need more crap in your life just because a boy held you. Use your brain.

Everything that went down with your the brother, really doesn't affect you till you're about 16. What he did is unacceptable, but you need to learn to forgive him. Which even a year older is still hard. No You still haven't visited him yet. But you dont hate him anymore. Be kind to your mother! She's hurting more than you are. Suck it up.

Don't whore around. Seriously. It's not worth it. Though you still tend to do it just at least slow down. 2 Different guys in the same night is not a good thing, find a different coping skill. You're scaring the crap out of your best friend, not to mention your mother.

Drinking until you cant walk and getting taken advantaged of is not a good coping skill either. The occasional drinks with close friends ok, but not partying every night and staying at random guy's houses.. Their girlfriend doesn't appreciate it very much and you end up becoming heart broken again. Just cut it out. It's not worth it.

You are amazing the way you are, you'll get your act together it just takes a lot of trial and error. Things get better. They're still getting better but in time all wounds will heal.

Life sucks but it will get better.
xoxo, 17 year old you.

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Honoured Mook

Date:

Dear 15 year old Lottie,

I know it seems like everything is going perfectly but it's not. That boy is not going to make you happy like you think he is. That girl is not the way to go either. One boy likes you so bad but doesn't tell you until it's too late. That other boy is breaking your heart but you need him. I'm not going to spoil it and tell you what happens, just think about what and who you really want darling. Don't lose track of yourself.

Love 16 year old Lottie xox

You say you want to live in the darkness?
~ Tumblr! ~

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Dear 16-year-old Natasha,

Keep doing English Lit, but take it seriously or you'll make a tit of yourself quite often. And carry on doing what you're doing because everything turns out fine in the end and you learn from your mistakes and you WILL become satisfied. Eventually.

Oh, and don't lie about losing your virginity, it's none of their business anyway. And don't stalk that guy with the crazy eyes, IT'S WEIRD.

Love 19-year-old Natasha.

EDIT: Actually, do stalk him, you'll be bored otherwise.

-- Edited by charmer on Friday 7th of January 2011 06:12:42 PM

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Dear sixteen-year-old Megan,
Have you dyed your hair yet? Please tell me you have?
Okay, what about finding another ballroom/latin dance class?
Or getting those violin lessons again?
Did the keyboard stop doing the annoying thing that's making this post incredibly difficult to write?
Are you still on Mookychick? You are, aren't you? No? Then GET BACK ON HERE THIS INSTANT.
Please be awesome. Plllleeeeaaaaassssse.
Love thirteen-year-old Megan xxx

Honoured Mook

Date:

Dear 16 year old Amy,

Listen to your brother and stay as far away as possible from that paedophile.
Dont do the silly things or the dangerous things.

Get to know Mark as much as you can cos it comes back and it spreads and next time it takes his life :(

Enjoy having fun with Daniel, hes awesome, but fight back, dont just let him hurt you.

Passing your A Levels are more important than you think now.

GO TO UNI!!!

You will have a brief relationship with Simon (yes really!i know its hard to believe) But hold onto him, you'll miss him a lot more than you think :(

DONT LEAN OVER THAT BANISTER!

Spend all your money on tattoos before you have to pay towards running a house!

Know who your friends are, always be there for them cos they'll always be there for you.

Good Luck, you'll need it,
Love 21 year old Birdy x

-- Edited by MissBird on Friday 7th of January 2011 09:25:17 PM

Regular Crew

Date:

Dear 16 year old self,

Stop worrying about how you look. At 22 you still have acne and tiny boobs, but it really doesn't matter to anyone except you. When you figure this out, strangers will come up to you and tell you how great you look. Honest! Stop being shy, get out there and talk to people. The shyness has held you back, and you'll miss out. Always say yes. Be brave!

C is a bit of a loser, don't take this relationship so seriously. He's right when he says you're too young to settle down, you WILL want to meet other people. But stay with him, you'll learn a lot, and being a psycho girlfriend is something you can do now, to avoid making the same mistakes when you meet the right guy. Don't take any relationships from now until then too seriously, just have fun.

Those two friends you chat with on the corner everyday on the way home? You'll still do that once a year. Make the most of them, you'll all move away and grow up, and you'll stay in touch but you will miss them.
And all those people at school who intimidate you? It turns out just like in those American high school movies. Not that you'll even notice, cos your life's gonna be pretty awesome. You'll be happy anyway, and what else matters?

Work harder at college. Be less preoccupied with boys. Be braver at uni. Don't stress too much about a career. This big recession is gonna hit, and it won't work out how you expect. But you'll really like where you end up. What happens next I don't know. You can't really act on this advice at 16, so act on it at 22. Be brave! Always say yes!

Love your 22 year old self. xx xx xx

<3

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Dear 16 year old Wyno,

You won't be able to stop smoking whenever you want so don't start. And go easy with drugs and alcohol...

Get out of those extra large pants and shirts. You look good, you don't need to disapear into clothes.

He's not the man even if he puts a ring on your finger. He will break your heart but you will find a real gentleman not so long after. Oh, and be careful with threesomes, they're risky...

Do the impossible when your friend will talk about killing himself, he's serious.

Carpe diem babygirl!

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us