Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What religion, if any, do you follow?

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
RE: What religion, if any, do you follow?

I'm baptized/confirmed as a Roman Catholic, but I've never been quite religious. My beliefs are from reality but I do have traces of Roman Catholicism somewhere in there.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

The story of my religious beliefs begins in nineteen fifty something when everyone was 'Church of England' if they weren't anything else. James Shepherd married Patricia Wood. James is 'Church of England' whilst Patricia is CHURCH OF ENGLAND. Along comes Karen Shepherd who is kind of Church of England. By the time she marries Michael Miller in 1991, she's CHURCH OF ENGLAND!!! and he is an atheist who becomes 'Church of England'. At some point in all this, Patricia Wood's brother became Catholic. But regardless, along comes Emmi Miller who is Christened and raised as CHURCH OF ENGLAND!!!!The kind of kid who can't be taught anything about her religion in state school and whogoes around talking about Jesus in the playground *sigh*.

Fast-forward afew years and the Miller's have moved awayfrom the area they lived in and the church they went to regulaly. Now things get a bit iffy. Believing that religious schools are best, the parents sent their two daughters to a CofE primary (despite the eldest going for the grand total of a year). Eldest girl is confirmed *sigh* because she's supposed to be old enough to know what she's doing. She wasn't.

Then, at some point during highschool and watching too much 'Charmed', eldest discovers Wicca. Never really makes her mind up about anything though.

Now I stand believing something but being unsure quite what it is. I support our local church because I happen to run the Brownie pack and the Dance Class and besides, some of the stuff is interesting. I'm forever exploring what everyone else has to say about life, death and religion and regurgitating it for fictional and photographical purposes. One day I might decide what I believe, but right now I'm content knowing that I'll never know what's going on out there.

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Considering religion and spirituality are two different things in my case I am:
Religion: Christian
Spirituality: My own. It has a lot of Pagan influences I guess.

-- Edited by MarshmallowNoise on Monday 29th of November 2010 04:16:04 PM

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Regular Crew

Date:

I am brought up and still am Shinto smile

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hi Maki Toka!

Shinto sounds really interesting, would you mind telling us all a little more about your beliefs?

x

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm sorry i kinda late on this aww
But i do not mind to tell you about my religion! smile
Shinto means "the way of the gods" (kami no michi)
The main goal of Shinto is to have makoto no kokoro or true heart, which means you are open to the appearances of kami (spirit force)
There is a lot more to do with threefold, but that would take a lot of time! XD
Lots of shrine practices espacially for New Years the shrines have a lot to do with Kami
I hope i was helpful! If you have more question feel free to message me!!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Ooh is that the Japanese one? (okay, stupid question, I'll admit)

The girl I usually sit by on the bus' mum is Shinto (is that right? Or is...Shintoist?). It really does sound v. interesting...

Regular Crew

Date:

Becki Boo wrote:

I'm Pagan, I follow the Pagan way of life...peace and love for everyone unless they annoy me, which is common sense really, as well as equality amongst the sexes, respect for nature and for all living creatures. I'm Wiccan by religion, I practise Magick when I can, as a student, I don't have much time or space to practise as much as I would like. I don't stick to White or Black Magick, it's more like a delicate dove-grey and nothing bad has happened to me yet, nor do I stick to 'pre-written' spells, I do what comes naturally for me for the situation at hand. I know that if I wasn't Pagan or Wiccan, I would be Agnostic like my mum, waiting for a sign that something is here for us to believe in....luckily I know there is.

-- Edited by tardischeerleader on Friday 3rd of December 2010 12:34:53 AM

for narnia click

narnia

my blog

http://lightanddarkdiary.blogspot.com/

my deviant art

http://gameboycolorgirl.deviantart.com/

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm sort of a secular humanist/pantheist.

"All is not lost; the unconquerable will, and study of revenge,
Immortal hate, and courage never to submit or yield:
And what is else not to be overcome.
That glory never shall his wrath or might extort from me."

-Lucifer, Paradise Los
t

Regular Crew

Date:

I myself is more of a secular humanist with my own mix of beliefs. I don't like to catergorize myself with a label.
I believe in a metaphorical way that there is a heaven and hell on earth and a Devil and God in all of us.^_^ only metaphorically!!!!

I believe that we humans are of course containers of energy. And like the whole concept that energy can neither be created or destroyed I feel that applies for death. Our energy returns to the earth and our surrondings and there is a continuous borrowing. We live as one....in such a cruel world x.X

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm somewhat of a combination of pagan and wiccan.
Though I teach a sunday school class at a presbyterian church. They all know what my views are and they still love me. (: heheh

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm a Buddhist and a Discordian, which are both rather complimentary, as neither religion's beliefs contradict the other's.

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Regular Crew

Date:

Celtic Mysteria wrote:

^Ooh is that the Japanese one? (okay, stupid question, I'll admit)

Yes its the Japanese one smile

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm Wiccan. 100%

I'm me and if you don't like me I don't care. -anonymous

Randomtabulouslyawesometasticlywonderpipicle (my word)

When life gives you lemons make apple juice to confuse people!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I don't follow a religion. I doubt I will someday, although I do plan to try.
I honestly think that there is no life after death, and no god.
I hope to be proven wrong but I don't think I will be, which makes me depressed, but you know, I guess that's the way things work.

I used to attend a Lutheran Church...

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

well. . . im an eccentric *<---never no if i  spell that word right* wiccan?

MY LIFE IZNT THAT HELL

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I too am an eccentric Wiccan. Oddest Wiccan you will ever meet :P

It's eclectic x

Regular Crew

Date:

I used to be a Spiritualist (tarot, crystal healing, nature, angels stuff) but I then turned into a christian. I respect other peoples religion and I don't like it when people force religion on other people. :3

Baby Mook

Date:

i dont follow religion. i follow jesus christ.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

^Pardon, but isn't that religion?

Honoured Mook

Date:

i used to be christian and rather religious, but when i was thirteen bad things happened to me and i became depressed and i just couldn't understand why god would let such things happen to me, so i just came to the conclusion that there is no god.
one of my new years resolutions is to finally become buddhist, after wanting to become one for years :P

TOAST BUSTERS!

i ain't afraid of no toast ;)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My mum tried to raise me up to be Catholic but somewhere along the line I became Atheist.

Tumblr

Regular Crew

Date:

Im of the Trinitarian Wicca practice.
I believe in Magick, and I believe in respecting nature, but I also believe some of the Christian values.
It's an interesting combination, really.
Hugs and Kisses,
Annah Anti

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I am really in a spiritual mood this evening, but I had to comb through this thread to see whether I'd posted already or not.

As a rule, I don't talk about my religious beliefs because most people in my life aren't very open-minded, (cue Mexican accent) so let's just keep this between you and me, eh?

I'd probably describe myself as an eclectic Neo-druid, which I think is interesting because some view it as a religion, some view it as a philosophy, and some view it as a way of life. I suspect that, at the moment, I'm more along the way-of-life thinking, but that may change. It may not even be so, as I'm not sure what defines a 'religion' as such.

I recently heard a really interesting talk about how Jesus actually represented what could be called 'lucid living'. If lucid dreaming is being aware you are simultaneously the dreamer and a character in the dream, then lucid living is being aware you are appearing to be something, but actually you are nothing but consciousness. The Greek word for 'resurrection' also means 'awakening', so Jesus's resurrection was actually meant to represent that state of awakening and awareness. So, no, Jesus the historical figure did not actually exist - it was what he was trying to represent that actually means something. I can't tell this as eloquently as the original speaker though - I've made it sound a little bit fanciful. The general gist of his speech was that the Christian Church did not understand the original beliefs behind the faith, the religion became misinterpreted, and so these great rifts between religions has appeared which never initial existed.

I also heard from my grandfather that the original name for 'Jesus' was Joshua (which I'm sure some of you have heard before), but because there was no 'sh' sound in the Roman language they had to take the closest possible alternative - which was Joshua; thus Joshua became Jesus.

My grandfather is half full of insightful wisdom and interesting facts, and half full of rubbish.

/end digression

I am a socialite, an artist, a poet.

Lady Moustache of Mooky

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^It would be somewhat ironic if Jesus turned out to be just an allegory,for he was prone to using allegories himself in his parables. I think Jesus as a person did exist,for I find it unlikely that the entire Gospel stories,and a religion lasting two millennia and with a billion followers,would be founded on an imaginary person. However,beyond that,what he actually did and said is up for grabs. No video cameras or tape recorders back then,sadly. I have also heard it said that Jesus was an astronaut or an E.T. with advanced tech,which I find an interesting theory.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Jesus as an astronaut makes sense! And here's the proof:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/04/toy_of_the_week_astronaut_jesus.php

-- Edited by Wyno on Wednesday 9th of February 2011 12:55:12 AM

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^Win!

(and in the comments,other Jesus stuff includes a 47-foot inflatable church. Awesome!)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Okay, obviously this is just a bit of fun and not going to be totally accurate, but I found this quiz interesting, since I don't really know (or care) what I would label my beliefs as anymore.

My top 5, apparently:

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ I did that a while ago, but I think my beliefs have changed a bit since then so I did it again. This time I got:

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (90%)
3. Mahayana Buddhism (90%)
4. Theravada Buddhism (88%)
5. New Age (87%)

Which I think is pretty close. My beliefs I think are closest to Buddhist/Unitarian Universalism, but I also agree with a lot from liberal Judaism, apart from the fact I don't believe in a God (which I guess is a fairly important factor there.) It's a bit of a shame because I've always loved the way Judaism is a close community as well as a religion.

Harlan :-)

("they" pronouns please, mookyfolk)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Here are my top five:

1. Secular Humanism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (99%)
3. Liberal Quakers (90%)
4. Neo-Pagan (87%)
5. New Age (76%)

''Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.'' George Carlin

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by