Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What religion, if any, do you follow?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:
RE: What religion, if any, do you follow?

Well, if you need new beliefs and a different God, there's always Spiggyism, y'know.

Just saying....

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

And it would sound pretty cool to say: "What church do I belong to? Actually, I'm a Spiggyan." Sounds pretty up-beat I think.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Regular Crew

Date:

candiclaus wrote:

There was a satanist fourteen posts up, if you have a look. Maybe you can contact eachother and chat...

Oops, sorry! I read through, but I guess I missed it. Sorry! :)

Regular Crew

Date:

Actually, I've thought of making a new religion. I want to create the Church of Hedon. I'm a hedonist anyway lol. Basically, it'd just be a tweaked version of Satanism. You'll understand if you know a bit about the religion lol!

My best friend told me he wanted to see metry this. He figures fame or fail, either way he'll get a laugh out of it!

-- Edited by Azrael on Monday 15th of February 2010 05:10:16 PM

Baby Mook

Date:

Paganism is the original religion of our parents, parents!
b4 Christianity we used to worship and respect the land, the animals and our environment!!

-- Edited by Sacred Raven on Monday 15th of February 2010 10:41:59 PM

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

But why not just live the way of the 'hedonist'? Why does it have to be organized?

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Organised hedonism rather conflicts with my hedonist vibe... Religion does NOT make me feel good, so I won't do it ;)

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm a hindu : ) My mum is Christian and my Dad is Hindu so I am bought up both ways. I like my religion. We're cool and we don't intend to rule the world with believing in one god and all that jazz. I do think spirituality is big part of life. I went to a family evangelist wedding in France when I was 16 and wanted to convert us because we were "foreign English Devils!" Kind of didn't give a great impression on Christianity.

Tan Tan ^_^

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Even though I was Christened as a baby, I consider myself a Buddhist.

-- Edited by Amaranth=Rayne on Sunday 28th of February 2010 04:44:01 PM

Life Support So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'mjust a plain ol'Christian although I was brought up a baptist christian. I don't believe in all the different groups in christianityand I don't believe inchurch. Too many rules to follow outside ofthe bible and too much hypocrisies from church members although I don't feel that way about all Christians.
Most of the time I make up my own rules and do my own thing (basically my own religion).

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Saying that, I'm considering converting to Wiccan, but I'm not sure.

Life Support So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm an agnostic. I prefer to have my own ideas about God and the afterlife, rather than following someone else's set belief system.

Baby Mook

Date:

Spiritualist :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm a strong believer in Wicca.
It just gives me a connection to all things,
You just feel.... closer to everything around you once you fully understand.

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Regular Crew

Date:

Agnostic/atheist. I grew up Christian and have never felt the presence of a god and I have always felt uncomfortable talking about god or being in a religious situation and I had a horrible religious experience two years ago, so I started looking around at other religions (Paganism fascinates me). The more and more I looked at theistic religions the more they seemed like fairy tales to me. I believe that there is some abstract force that is the reason why things are the way they are, but I don't think that it gives a shit about us. As for an afterlife, well, I don't know.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

MarshmallowNoise wrote:

I'mjust a plain ol'Christian although I was brought up a baptist christian. I don't believe in all the different groups in christianityand I don't believe inchurch. Too many rules to follow outside ofthe bible and too much hypocrisies from church members although I don't feel that way about all Christians.
Most of the time I make up my own rules and do my own thing (basically my own religion).

Nice thought of things. I'm christian as well and don't go to church much either. Although, lately I find myself missing the company of other believers.

Hypocrisyis religions worst enemy

Baby Mook

Date:

My particular belief has no particular name now that I think of it,
It's something that has been passed down my family for ages dealing with a lot of spirituality and ancient gods. It isnt something written about either, there are no records.
I happen to differ from my family, for I lean toward satanism. (LeVay)
And as a bonus I happen to be a strict animal lover :)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I want to know more about this mysterious family religion you seem to have.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Spiggy wrote:

Well, if you need new beliefs and a different God, there's always Spiggyism, y'know.

Just saying....

Starting your own religion is one way to world domination,or so it says in this book I have. As long as nobody has to sacrifice any goats-that'll annoy Candi and we can't have that!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Brought up catholic, decided I was atheist. However, teach Religious Education in high school and every day I meet people and come into contact with ideas that challenge my atheism. Still not sure if I believe in God or not, but I don't like to put a final label on it.

I am easily swayed I suppose - if someone has a strong enough argument, I'm theirs these days! :) ... ... And then I change my mind again.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm a Catholic & believe in a lot of their teachings, including that abortion is murder (but I would never judge a woman who had an abortion because she must have been in a horrible place to even consider it, unless it's one of those woman that just uses it as a method of contraception-that to me is just little lives being snuffed out because a woman is too lazy to take a pill or get her man to stick on a condom- For example, one of my teacher's knew a woman who wouldn't use condoms because her boyfriend said he'd dump her if she nagged at him about it. She had four abortions because her boyfriend said he'd leave her if she didn't. By the fith pregnancy he dumped her for her younger sister. That's four lives that could have had happy adoptive parents who couldn't have had children themselves).

However I do disagree with some of them, for example I'm all for gay marraige- the love between two people is always sacred and the Bible says that we're all equal in God's eyes. I also think that there's nothing wrong with contraception & that woman should be allowed to become priests.

I saw him too. He had a guitar. He winked at me before he jumped out a fourth floor window like he had wings.

He winked at you? [tsk]Musicians.

Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
What are you talking about?
You heard me rapping, right?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

IguessI would consider myselfto be agnostic. I find the idea of a higher being unlikely, yetI refuse to dismiss the concept entirely, if such a god does exist in my opinion he is not worthy of worship due to his flawed ideology and teachings. I take influences from alot of religions and combine them to make my own personal philosophies which I find more practical and fathomable.

Etsy10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Methodist, which is rather lenient and accepting as far as christian sects go. But lately I've been drifting away from the Church as one of the members at the one I attend is getting rather ridiculously nasty towards other members.

Like there's this one woman who thinks its her job to force her religious opinions on everyone about ordinary life ("Seizures, depression, schizophrenia etc are caused by demons because you are weak in your faith.") and basically tell you that what she thinks is right and to be involved in everything. She's homophobic, only lets her kids listen to christian music and is mistrusting of anyone who isn't a Christian And Believes Exactly The Same Things She Does.

Oh and she's made my mother quit the church for a few months with one of her infamous comments at a church meeting which my mother and other people felt it was directed towards my mother. ("We need this extra service because The Devil is highly active in this Church.") She took my position away as a youth leader (I was basically the one keeping things going and keeping people involved) because she felt that I was taking on too big of a role when my relationship with the Lord wasn't strong enough. It's like um excuse me bitch, my relationship with Him is none of your business.

So in short, right now, I'd rather practice in a way where it's one-on-one without people telling me I'm going to hell for having a gay friend. I personally believe in One God since I see the similarities in most monotheistic religions.

By the way to Scienctologists on the boards, this may seem really stupid and bitchy for me to ask, but I'm really curious and trying not to be offensive. Are the rumors about believing in the Dark Lord Xenu throwing aliens into a volcano in Hawaii and their souls inhabiting our bodies true?

-- Edited by ChynaRoze on Sunday 13th of June 2010 05:03:17 AM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Scientology makes me lol. In a scary way.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Regular Crew

Date:

Im a Christian with an extremely open mind lol. I don't care who you are, what you believe as long as your kind and respectful i like you :3. I enjoy learning about diffrent religions and belifes. I see many possiblities for this universe.

-- Edited by Pizu on Tuesday 15th of June 2010 05:56:41 AM

Regular Crew

Date:

I don't really follow a religion. What I believe in is a bit confusing so i'll be simple. I believe that we were created by extraterriestrials (who were extremely advanced, spirtually and technologically) made us by splicing their dna with that of evolving man so that we would be smart enough to be their slaves. Long story short, some rebelled, and basically gave us better intelligence, the trait to be able to reproduce and taught us many things about spirituality and technology. Overall, shit happened, and here we are. So i don't really believe in a 'god' or 'gods'.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Technically, I'm born and raised Catholic. Personally, I'm somewhere in the agnostic range of things. I believe there's some form of higher power, but not necessarily the Christian brand.

"I'm more of a man than you'll ever be, and more of a woman than you'll ever get." -- Angel Dumott Schunard

Regular Crew

Date:

I've been involved in several religions. When I was sixteen or so I found this born-again christian teen center(When I first went there I didn't know it had anything to do with religion because I went there to see a play about columbine that they had been advertising. Afterwards they did this big sermon and asked if anyone wanted to give their heart to the Lord and be saved. I was very young and very vulnerable so of course I went right to the alter and *got saved*. I had no idea what I was getting myself in to. They are good people don't get me wrong but their ideas screwed me up. Because of what they taught me I felt shame for having feelings for girls(I still carry shame to this day) and when I was a freshman in high school I went on this huge mission to get as many people saved as possible. I brought my bible to school every day and talked to anyone who would listen about Jesus. I'm not saying that is wrong or anything because I love Jesus,however I believe that when you become extreme that is not good. So I did that for a couple of years. Then I studied with the Jehovah's Witnesses on and off for several years. I became an unbaptized publisher which is when you see the people going door to door like the mormons do. My husband actually got baptized but he doesn't practice it anymore. At one point I was also into Wicca. Then I converted to Islam and did that for a couple of weeks then stopped going to the mosque. Then I briefly went back to being a catholic since I was born and raised Roman Catholic. Now I consider myself christian but not any particular denomination. I believe that there is no one and only right or true religion. I believe that everyone will go to heaven and that no one will go to hell. I love all different kinds of religions and cultures. I also relate to pagans in a small way because I absolutely love nature! Nature is the best way besides praying for me to connect with God. I believe that we are all one and related in some way. Ok I think that's enough for now lol.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

EDIT.

-- Edited by MarshmallowNoise on Wednesday 3rd of November 2010 07:36:47 PM

Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I'm somewhat of a cross between a Wiccan, a Buddhist, and a Unitarian Universalist.
I practice Witchcraft and believe in it's deities, however a lot of my little beliefs and ways of life are rooted in my interest in Buddhism.
Howerver, I attend a Unitarian Universalist church, which is basically a church where you can be of any religion you want. They preach about morals, not Gods. The pastor is a gay Jew, and there are a lot of Pagans and Muslims and Buddhists and other such things there. It's quite nice. :>

to drop all formal parleying,
and then you're sure to catch it!

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us