Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What religion, if any, do you follow?

Honoured Mook

Date:
RE: What religion, if any, do you follow?

^ I think there is an actual religion with those basic beliefs...can't think of it right now, though.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Margo wrote:

^ I think there is an actual religion with those basic beliefs...can't think of it right now, though.

I think it is called Pantheism??!!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

that's what I would call it.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Honoured Mook

Date:

skye-foxe wrote:

Margo wrote:

I think it is called Pantheism??!!

It is :) Thats what I believe in. Took me ageeeesss to find out that it actually had a name. 

Honoured Mook

Date:

I was brought up Christian, but I am very agnostic, and don't really want to affiliate myself with any particular religion. I don't feel like I can find spiritual experience in an organized setting and teachings, and I'm sick of religion being twisted to spread hate and guilt.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. - John Lennon

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm non-organizational... I suppose many would call me an agnostic leaning towards atheism... but I take part in my many christian activities for now out of respect for my parents. I do not plan on telling them about my agnosticism until I am well supporting myself.

Here is my blog.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Im a roman catholic and i go to church almost everytime.

Regular Crew

Date:

My dad is indifferent, my mum is a practising Buddhist and has been for over 20 years. Technically I practise too but I have quite a scientific, rational mind so I'm not sure if I follow it with all my heart yet. I know for certain that I don't believe in the all-knowing, all-loving yet vengeful God of the Abrahamic religions, sometimes I don't even like the idea of organised religion at all... urrghh I'll figure myself out eventually

"A witty saying proves nothing" - Voltaire.

Regular Crew

Date:

im more spritual

i have a friend who believes in energy idk what its called
but she wears all these braclets and stuff. she said i can get energy from
anything... i think thats hooplah bc i get energy from sleep and redbulls

forward ever, backward never!

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

^that made me smile, j-Murda

Baby Mook

Date:

i am a theistic (traditional) satanist.
as like the pagans, i do not condone harming animals or children. my beleifs go all the way back to pre x-tianism. to anceint sumeria.

Regular Crew

Date:

I was christened CofE but I ran away from my own christaning. I'm a non religious witch

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

hmm.... i'm more of an ecceltic person. i'm just gathering Pagan beliefs that fit for me and piecing them into my own little thing, but i'm still trying to find my footing in there.  I am however interested in Wicca at some degree.

So I would be an "Ecceltic Pagan"?? I really don't know how to put it, but it's fun and I'm lovng it

From the thunder and the storm,
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view

Regular Crew

Date:

Christian, but I'm more hippy, kind of like how you'd imagine Jesus was (And how He sounded).

I wasn't brought up in any such manner. My mom is Methodist, but not really serious about it. My dad dealt with Mormon parents, but he didn't believe in it, and is an Atheist. I came to Christianity on my own, so I'm happy knowing that I wasn't brainwashed into it.

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I wasn't brought up Christian, so the whole concept of monotheism never cease to baffle me.

When I was little I believed in the old norse gods, but as I grew older I grew more and more sceptical towards all religions.

As an insatiable curious person, I find that the easiest path to the divine is through science.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ Old Norse gods are adorable. (:

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Baby Mook

Date:

I'm an Eclectic Neo-Pagan Witch =) I used to consider myself Wiccan, but I've grown out of that, having realized that the majority of what I believe and practice isn't actually Wicca.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

My dad's a Neo-Pagan.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Errmm its a strange monster mash between buddhism and scientology
Buddhism as it helps me concentrate on the less material things and to concentrate more on the soul, and also as yoga helps my back....good that really did sound senior...

And scientology as it's basically about growing as a person, having better morals and helping mankind...

Peace and Love Dudes.....peace and love....

Regular Crew

Date:

Im CofE, although I follow some of the ideas of Swedenborgian religion, those being:

1. That salvation can be achived by anyone, whether they are Christian or from another religion or atheist etc, as long as they are good people and lead a good life.

2. Jesus' crucifixion did not atone for the sins of humanity. We make our own choices, and should not be punished for others sins/originl sin.

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm currently still exploring the details of my beliefs. Eclectic, leaning towards Celtic, Ásatrú & perhaps Wiccan pantheons. Mookychick has been very useful in getting me started looking more into my religious views.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Religion...a very deep subject that tends to bring the worst out of people.

Personally I am christian. I dont like to consider myself "religious" per-say but more spiritual. I dont attend church like evry good christian is expected to do and I wont lie I enjoy having sex with my boyfriend. I believe god loves us no matter what. He doesnt expect us to be perfect.

He created sex and love. Its a wonderful thing. I am very open minded on ther religions and faiths and actually find it interesting to learn about them.

God and jesus are close to my heart. I know they will love me no matter what. I've tried my best to be "christian-like" but just find myself beating my head against the wall sometimes.

So...I follow my own way to god. I read my bible and meditate to the holy spirit. I keep a relationship with him my savior =]

-- Edited by DIYGirly on Thursday 4th of February 2010 07:34:46 PM

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hmmm, Pantheism... I guess that would be my religion, if any.

You say you want to live in the darkness?
~ Tumblr! ~

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Even though I'm a deadly solid Atheist, I've become fascinated with obscure cults and religions lately. Some of them are absolutely beautiful. They're not for me, but I see the attraction. Very strongly.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Regular Crew

Date:

Wow, I'm actually surprised to find that I'm the first Satanist to post.

At 17ish I did the whole 'soul searching, religion searching' teenagers go through. I studied a LOT of different religions, having been brought up Baptist and not believing a word. Of course, as logic would dictate, to understand anything you must study all facets of it. So of course I looked at Satanism, the Christian antonym. And discovered it wasn't anything I'd been led to believe. It was everything I already believed. And I'm now a very happy and very proud woman.

Satanism fits my personality too, I think. The easiest way to describe the religion is that we are hedonists. I do basically whatever I want, if it will make me happy. It's like realizing that 'God' and 'the Devil' are one and the same, and that 'He' is each and every one of us. I am the God I worship.

Hail Satan!! :)

-- Edited by Azrael on Wednesday 10th of February 2010 09:32:52 AM

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

There was a satanist fourteen posts up, if you have a look. Maybe you can contact eachother and chat...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

You're not the only Satanist....to say that I WAS a Satanist wouldn't be completely true. I still read LaVeyian Satanism and still take some into account. But I have my own religion, it is possible to mix and match religions. Satanism and Paganism with Wicca can be combined well.

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

Date:

While it is not my cup of tea, I find Satanism a tad bit more charming that Christianity (I'm talking about the faith now, not necessarily the people who follows said faith).

Oh, and there is a thread about LaVey here somewhere.

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Satanism makes a wee bit more sense than some other religions, but I still don't understand why anyone would want rules to follow and a label to put on their beliefs.

Date:

^ My thoughts exactly.

«First  <  1 2 3 46  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us