Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: What religion, if any, do you follow?

Honoured Mook

Date:
What religion, if any, do you follow?

Out of interest and nothing more I'd like to hear about the religions of everyone here.
I understand the topic could easily bring arguments so I beg everyone to keep any offensive thoughts to themselves if someone is explaining a belief that they don't share.
However, all of you mooks are genuinely understanding, open and kind people, so it shouldn't end up like many religion talks I've seen on other forums.

So, what religion do you follow? Are you agnostic or athiest?

Personally, I'm a Wiccan, however I do not practise it as much as I used to for lack of time and space.

I do belive that you should never harm another living being, people, animals, anything.

I also belive in having the utmost respect for nature and the universe around us.

I belive in multiple deity's as beings as one great being, earth itself. I also belive in reincarnation.

I chose my beliefs when I was quite young, about 11, because it just seemed right to me.

Pagan/Wiccan beliefs vary massively, so though there quite a few Pagan/Wiccan's on mookychick, we might end up with hundreds of different explanations for it. :)

Okay.
What do you all belive?

- Hannah Belle.

I hear the roar of a big machine,
Two worlds and in between,
Hot metal and methedrine,
I hear empire down.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I don't follow any organized religion. I suppose the closest you could get to a religious label for me would be agnostic.

I live my life by certain guidelines and laws I have developed for myself through out the years.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Like others have said, organised religion isn't really for me.
I believe that our knowledge is extremely limited - whatever caused all of time to begin, and whatever happens after death, humans can not understand it (not right now, anyway).
I believe that all humans should pull their weight and that laws/rules should be fair and enforced.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

im church of england and i do follow the majority of its teachings

'keep the beast in my nature under seaseless attack'

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I'm muslim

Help me win a van!
http://winacamper.fatface.com/safiyyah

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm an atheist. Religion isn't my cup of tea.

-- Edited by Spiggy on Saturday 14th of November 2009 06:12:10 PM

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm Pagan, I follow the Pagan way of life...peace and love for everyone unless they annoy me, which is common sense really, as well as equality amongst the sexes, respect for nature and for all living creatures. I'm Wiccan by religion, I practise Magick when I can, as a student, I don't have much time or space to practise as much as I would like. I don't stick to White or Black Magick, it's more like a delicate dove-grey and nothing bad has happened to me yet, nor do I stick to 'pre-written' spells, I do what comes naturally for me for the situation at hand. I know that if I wasn't Pagan or Wiccan, I would be Agnostic like my mum, waiting for a sign that something is here for us to believe in....luckily I know there is.

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I was brought up Catholic, but I'm not able to 100% define myself as one particular religion. It's a personal thing, how you feel, I think. I'm spiritual and I feel like there is a God, also that nature is a really powerful force...

Regular Crew

Date:

I've been Pagan on and off for seven years and I'm still finding my feet. It's all got a lot easier since I realised how much is about intent. I believe in respecting nature and not harming any living thing, no matter how much they may piss me off. I may err from this in my day to day life, but I try never to do so with magic. Partly because harming people (and animals) is wrong, partly because I think if you taint the magic by using it for bad it will become bad and start to royally screw things up for you.

I'm a big believer in karma too and I just joined a Budhist meditation group, although I'm not actually a Budhist at the moment. I'm considering it, but whether I do or not I won't give up/vow to give up alcohol because I don't believe that there is a moral reason for me to do so. I'm already vegetarian, so that's not an issue. That pretty much encapsulates my attitude to religion: I do things because I think they're right, not because some guy in a fancy hat says so.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm Catholic.

Regular Crew

Date:

Christian, but dont worry I am not a STRICT Christian. I am for gay marriage etc. But I dont feel like I am bound to anything. Hell, I dont even go to Church.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'd follow Buddhism, because I don't know if there is a 'supreme deity' out there, and unlike other religions, Buddhism doesn't follow a God, it follows a set of principles and dharma (teachings) smile
I find it fascinating!

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

My family are non-practising, but I call myself Jewish because it's the system which my ideas of God fit into best. It's a wee bit 'shit happens', which I understand perfectly.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm still exploring my beliefs but I can identify most with Pantheism although I don't agree with everything. It took me a long time to even find out that what I believed in had a name.

-- Edited by Beanpop on Monday 16th of November 2009 01:54:22 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Well, I'm christened Anglican but seriously have no affiliation with the church whatsoever, the christening was more just for tradition. My family aren't religious, apart from my grandma on my Dad's side, who is a Catholic.
Personally, I don't believe in God. I'm more inclined to believe in scientific explanations, and I agree with DM that nature is a strong force. I just think that we should be good people, and then whatever we believe will happen to us after death, will happen.
I kind of lean toward reincarnation as an after life.
So I guess I'm atheist with hints of paganism and buddhism.

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've been a Wiccan for the last 10 years or so. Unfortunately I don't practise an awful lot now so Im slowly going to be getting back into it.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I don't believe in anything.

Too busy trying to knock down and build up everything my brain processes, nevermind putting all my faith into something that gives me no black and white, true, undeniable answer.

I've said this before, but sometimes I wish I could. Sometimes I envy people who know exactly what they believe in, exactly what's right and wrong, exactly how their going to go around making decisions. Ah well.

I have a blog:
Blog

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

Technically I am a roman catholic, but I don't follow. I believe that, in general, the beliefs of most religions are good, but that organized religion has corrupted them- some guy stands and says HIS interpretation of whichever God is appropriate, and everyone else follows. I don't agree with it.

Buddhism would have to be my favourite religion though, it makes sense to me.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Christened CofE but I'm an atheist. CofE is the religion that I feel closest too if that makes sense.

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Brought up Roman Catholic, fell to the wayside and now I just live by my own morals.

"I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so effin' heroic."--George Carlin

Honoured Mook

Date:

Wow, I didn't actually expect so many different ones. I thought it would mostly be atheists, agnostics and pagan denominations.
Maybe because of the other posts on this board.
Awesome :)

- Hannah Belle.

I hear the roar of a big machine,
Two worlds and in between,
Hot metal and methedrine,
I hear empire down.

Honoured Mook

Date:

:D I'm a little bit catholic, little bit pagan, little bit buddhist.
I'm in ISCKON, the hare krishna commune atm :O

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

Wow, that is so exciting! What are you up to?

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Born into an atheist family, always went to Christian (CofE primary and Anglican secondary) schools which put a great focus on prayer and later, at the Anglican secondary school, eucharist. I was Christian until I was around seven, when one day, I decided no one was listening to my prayers.

And I got really angry.

At God for not existing, at everyone for believing, etc. etc.

I started hanging about with a pagan crowd at school, mostly Wiccan, and I ended up having my own cultish religion, where twenty or so people did whatever I said. I told them to grow a backbone and get some autonomy and within a week, everyone had gone back to being Wiccan or had gotten confirmed.

And after that I took off on my own spiritual journey. And for me, atheism is the only plausible option.

full circle.

too weak to labor on the farm

too indolent to do any exercise

too stupid for the bar

and

too immoral for the pulpit

Honoured Mook

Date:

lol i'm on placement for religion.
SOoo we're up at 4 doing mantras, then prayers, then food then prayers, the duties, then prayers, then mantras, then deities, then food, then prayers, then mantras, then goodnight at 9pm.
:D
I'm really tired though. It's long days and I do feel abit brainwashed like you're doing mantras about krishna all of the time and you get used to thinking about him, it's weird.

Their trying to convert us atm tho :/

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm hindu ... not really but I wanted to be unique lol.
I did go around with a red dot of my forehead in school last year tho.
And my funny science teacher MR FIDOCK (I LOVE HIM) goes 'have you converted religion' heheh.
I'm really agnostic :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

I am Roman Catholic. Having faith indeed saved me from suicide.

I am a traveller of both time and space.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oh I'm confirmed as a Roman Catholic but only to keep the piece with my mother at home though, otherwise I'm agnostic and open to new ideas. Buddhism interests me :)

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm an eclectic Witch, but not Wiccan!! Complicated I know!!

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Wicca, kinda. I think I made myself kinda Christian after an essay I wrote for my R.E exam.

But, really I've just got to the point of who gives a fuck? Nature seems to spoil me, I've got my own little odd religion. Based around nature, but no gods. Nature itself.

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

1 2 36  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us