Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: True Blood

Seasoned Mookster

Date:
RE: True Blood

I have just got into th ebooks and i have to say i am enjoying them!!!

Regular Crew

Date:

No-one likes watching True-Blood with me 'cos i keep spoiling it. Which I really don't mean to honest.!
I've read all the books so i can see Sookie's future, course theres been some changes from the book.
I was worried the tv show would be really crap thankfully its as good as the book/s.smile

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I think bringing out the juice is a bit much! Im reading hte books now as well, they're awesome, but I dont have enough cash to buy the rest so its gonna have to wait :(

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I was going to watch the series, but unfortunately I got a bit of track and my mum deleted it off our Sky box. I think I'll just buy the books.

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

Apparently before the show was released, part of their marketing included putting signs saying "Out of Tru Blood" on vending machines.

Regular Crew

Date:

Beanpop wrote:

haha, I just found out they are bringing out Trublood juice in spetember.

I think O positive is orange flavoured XD

I shouldn't find that awesome but I do.

I love True Blood: I think it may actually be one of those rare things which is better than the books, although to be fair I've only leafed through them.

Why has no one mentioned Jason yet? He may not be particularly bright (which only makes him more adorable) but he had an episode and a half during the Fellowship of the Sun debacle where every time he appeared on screen he did something progressively more awesome than the last. My favourite moment, which I'll try not to spoil for anyone, involves Steve Newlin and a paintball gun.  

-- Edited by AriadnesThread on Thursday 20th of August 2009 01:52:47 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That bit was awesome! Fookin hilarious, as much as I like the books I am finding the tv series a lot better.

Honoured Mook

Date:

oohh ep 11 tonight. I'm loving second season! :D

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

The second season is moving so slowly now! Episode 11 left me going "... but nothing happened!"

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I know cant wait till tomorrow night when its on. But then we have to wait ages for the 3rd season. Bastards. Good job I have the books to keep me going lol.

Honoured Mook

Date:

the final isn't being aired til next week :(

FAIL

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I noticed this this morning and I have to say I am not happy at all.

Honoured Mook

Date:

ditto. i was soooo excited

Honoured Mook

Date:

I've never seen this before. It seems highly reccomended. What is the plot?

jinsei wa tabida. isshungoto ni kansha suru. x

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I was going to explain it all, but Im lazy so why not just google it? Im shit at describing things anyways.

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I've only watched the first several episodes that have aired on Channel 4, but so far I love it :D
I read Dead Until Dark years ago so it's interesting to see all the changes they've made. It's more faithful to the books than I thought it'd be, even though they've added loads of new subplots.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I've read the first 9 books, they're awesome. I've told everyone I wants me an Eric Northman for christmas.

Honoured Mook

Date:

^ Me too. He's so much better than Bill methinks.

I'd at least settle for the fangtasia calendar lol

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm late getting into this but I'm really adoring the first series so far. I didn't realise how popular it was!

I have a blog:
Blog

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

do we know when the 2nd series is going to be on tv yet???

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Not sure hun, but you can watch it online at www.tvshack.net. Got the full 1st and 2nd series on, as well as any other film or series you can think of.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

OOO thanks my dear- am loving the new doo byt hte way. It starts on FX on the 26th of feb so I will sky plus it and tehn enjoy to my hearts content. I have recently got her other booka and whilst good they are no were near as fab as trueblood xx

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Thanks hun. I think I like the series and the books about the same. They are so different from each other. I've read all 9 books, the 10th is out this May. And she also did a couple of short stories with some of the true blood characters in and put all of them in a book. Iys pretty good actually, Ive just finished reading it.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Yeah i have the short stories too- it was on offer in waterstones- I am looking forward to may now too xx

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

i love love true blood! i got the bookset for christams so i've read up to All Together Dead, i ordered the rest off amazon but i ordered the short story compilation instead from dead to worse so i need to wait for that to come from amazon doh!

i love the show too and i must say that i'm not in the least bit surprised that it is mainly watched by females and gay guys cos the males in the show are considerably hotter than the girls. plus i think in general girls are into the whole vampire thing more than men anyway.

oh and Eric YUM YUM ;) i've always had a thing for Scandanavian/Viking type fella's but a viking vampire??! oh my!

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I have to agree there - i love watching it and escaping into my own world :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Same here :) Does anyone know when the 3rd series starts on tv? In the US I mean. It always gets put on in America first, so I watch it online cos it takes us friggin forever to get it in the UK and I cant wait!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE True blood ;]

And prolly just vamps in general. Hbo is amazing and the show truly gets steamy.

Eric<3

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:

I thought I was fed up with vampires, but I REALLY like this. Loads of interesting characters, and I adore how the actors are so pretty -looking like real people not barbie dolls.

I suppose my favourite character is Eric. Mainly because I find it so amusing that he speaks modern Swedish..

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I started watching True Blood because Eric looks and sounds like Snow. I'm so silly.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us