Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: PHOBIAS? whats yours...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:
RE: PHOBIAS? whats yours...

Wasps, bees and hornets. I've been getting nightmares about them since i was a kid and I don't know why, I'm not even allergic to their sting. Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm so freaked out because of the nightmares or I get the nightmares because I'm so freaked out by the insects. There might be some deeper psychological background behind it :)

Pony Frenzy

Regular Crew

Date:

The Dark! But only if I'm by myself. As a little kid I always slept with a light on, but was the first to volunteer to go into the school toilets, turn off all the lights, stand in front of the mirror and say 'Bloody Mary' three times to see if she'd jump out of the mirror lol

Honoured Mook

Date:

garden gnomes -shudders-
the creepy little bastards..
the only things I've ever truly been afraid of....

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Don't worry,they only come alive at night,and they're rubbish at climbing stairs,walls,or anything else. ;)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Yes but they like to steal your underwear and move things around the house blaming the fairies.
and they always stare at you with that grin..

Lights Fires in the Genitals of Mooks Everywhere.

Tumblr

Facebook

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Yes indeed,but then they're merely the idiot servants of the Takers so you can't feel too bad for them. ;)

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Honoured Mook

Date:

I haver no phobias per se, but I do hate steep hills. Especially escalators. You just feel like you're going to fall off. Ughh.... I hate it.

You say you want to live in the darkness?
~ Tumblr! ~

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I hate escalators too,can't go down on one anymore. :(

Dave.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Spiders. I blame it on watching that film Arachnophobia when I was a kid.
I also used to be really scared of clowns.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^^ I'm 90% certain that my phobia of big spiders was from seeing trailers for 8-Legged Freaks *shudder*

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

Honoured Mook

Date:

Water wheels. I want a therapy...! I need one. I am dreaming of them all night long and it feckin annoys me.
But how the heck can you cure being afraid of water wheels?

-- Edited by NellyMeret Lundberg on Monday 26th of April 2010 08:54:22 PM

Eine deutsche Mooky :)

My modeling account (German).

I also got a DeviantArt account. Please feel free to add me :)

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm scared of deep water - got a good reason for that one :P but it makes ferry or boat rides when going on holiday pretty fun
I'm also really scared of being alone, i just can't deal with it, i end up in tears. I'm ok if there are other people around and i'm just not talking to them so stuff like buses and trains are ok but being completely alone is horrible
Is anyone else scared of being alone? How do you cope with it?

Regular Crew

Date:

Organs. I recently read Guts by Chuck Palahniuk, and threw up. I then hid the book under my bed. My mum had to rescue it and bin it because I was so hysterical. All rather embarrassing! (The story is available on his website, don;t look unless you have a strong stomach!)
Last year, I had a pulmonary embolism. The lovely doctor tried to make me feel better by telling me that my heart was healthy, but I burst into tears because he had seen my heart. On the plus side, he decided it was in everyone's interest that I go home and return for treatment instead of being hospitalised!

I also have the phobia of small holes (didn't know it existed until now), when i see any sort of tiny intricate pattern like that, I get horrible butterflies and feel faint. Underwater photos do the same. I love sea creatures, but cannot stand the way the waves appear on their backs (if that makes sense?)

Just read that back. Think I need help...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

That story reminds me that when we had swimming classes in school,I was always scared that the grid at the bottom would come loose and the pool would drain and we'd all be sucked down into the sewers,or into the pump and die horribly. It was like a giant mouth awaiting its sacrifices of human flesh...

Dave.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Capulet wrote:

Staplers and blood. My phobia of both were born on the same day, I was changing some staples and somehow managed to staple my finger. That was fine, just a bit sore, so I got my mum to pull it out and as soon as she did blood squirted right out of my thumb. I turned a luminous shade white and fainted almost immediately.

I now vomit and/or faint whenever I see blood (any blood at all, sometimes even fake, it's annoying) and I nearly cry when people put staplers in front of me :(.

You faint at all blood, even, ahem, woman blood, how do you possibly cope?

Anyhow, I'm terrifed of woodlice, social situations (communicating with people I am not extremely comfortable with) although recently this has started to improve, and of course the oh so common fear of death, although i think it is more a fear of the unknown.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Honoured Mook

Date:

skgogosfan wrote:

That story reminds me that when we had swimming classes in school,I was always scared that the grid at the bottom would come loose and the pool would drain and we'd all be sucked down into the sewers,or into the pump and die horribly. It was like a giant mouth awaiting its sacrifices of human flesh...

Dave.

Yikes,that sounds pleasant.ashamed

I used to be afraid of flushing the toilet at my elementary school,for fear it would clog up and flood the entire bathroom,drowning me in all of it's sewery madness.For that reason,I always tried to wait until I got home to use the bathroom.I believe I grew a second bladder during that time.omg.gif

I also find myself afraid of crowds,loud noises,public speaking,and social meetings.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Hee hee. I had a phobia of the toilet flushing, too. Not because I was scared of it flooding: just didn't like the sound!

Honoured Mook

Date:

I used to have a phobia of toilet flushing...i always used to be terrified of a giant sea monster coming out of it D:
Now I just have a full on terrifying phobia of milk, and a phobia of children. Especially large groups of small ones. And clowns.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

At the moment, I am scared of myself. :(

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Honoured Mook

Date:

Wow,I wasnt the only one with a fear of toilet flushing.biggrin

Honoured Mook

Date:

candiclaus wrote:

At the moment, I am scared of myself. :(

Aww, *pats on back and passes mug of tea* why so?

Regular Crew

Date:

In regards to the toilet monster thing, I'm petrified of going to the toilet at night - I'm not scared of the dark, just that the dark might... I don't know, invoke the toilet monsters, or something.

I also have myrmecophobia, which is a phobia of ants. I hate them, they terrify me, and people never beleive it. they're all "Errrr, as if you're scared of ants, they're tiny". Mhmm. Also fear of being talked to in public by people I don't know, fear that someone's hiding in my house, and I have a thing (I'm not sure if it's a phbia, exactly, but..) about people touching my nose. Only my mum and boyfriend are allowed to touch my nose. And he had to wait 8 months before I'd let him.

Regular Crew

Date:

I have claustrophobia. (Puts on nostalgic face and lights a pipe.) It all began one day when I was small and I must have done something pretty bad because my dad decided the only fitting punishment would be to lock me in a trunk and use it as a chair for 10 minutes. 10 minutes doesn't seem like a lot but when you're in a trunk being sat on by a middle aged man...

Honoured Mook

Date:

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I'm terrified of seaweed.
And hollyoaks. I'm always startled when the theme tune comes on.

Fuzzy little man peach.

Tumblr

Pie

Regular Crew

Date:

I'm terrified of Slugs and Snails to the point of I cant even look at a life-like drawing of one. Bleurgh.

Oh and flying, after one incident of a panic attack and shouting "Get me off this fucking plane" repeatedly, it's now two valium before I'm even at the airport. God bless sedatives.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Being attacked by small children in red coats. *shudder*

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Honoured Mook

Date:

Trolls.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Cynophobiaaaaaaaaa... fear of man's best friend. To the point whre I tell random dogwalkers in the street I'm deathly allergic and they'll get done for manslaughter should they let their pooch anywhere near me. A tad extreme but I grew up in an area where fighting dogs were bred and got on the wrong side of one once (hint- should you meet one, there is no right side).

Life Is A Mystery x Death Is Not = Angels and Eyeliner going to Hell hand in hand...

Mooky's Resident Cardinal of Awesomeness

Don't make me take the shades off...

Honoured Mook

Date:

I think I have minor automatonophobia, which is according to About.com is a fear of humanoid figures, including "wax figures, humanoid robots, audio animatronics or other figures designed to represent humans". I wouldn't say it's too extreme, but I do feel very unnerved whenever I see something that's designed to look or sound human but clearly isn't, like this or this.

-- Edited by r0se_red on Monday 5th of July 2010 08:41:56 PM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ those are both really quite disconcerting, I can see why they creep you out.

Etsy 10% off with the code 10MOOKY

Shiny New Etsy

Instagram

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 710  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us