Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: PHOBIAS? whats yours...

Runic Mook of the North (mod)

Date:
RE: PHOBIAS? whats yours...

^ I doubt that. I said "extremely skinny" and "no under skin fat". People like that are a rare sight outside areas of hunger catastrophes. And fashion shows.

I'm not talking about people who are naturally slim here, or have a few bones that is visibly outlined here and there.

The only way to get the look that freaks me out is to starve, so luckily for me I don't encounter people like that very often.

( Irilar gives Capulet a chocolate chip cookie, just in case)

"So what you are saying is -I shouldn't play with fire" she said at last. "Of course you should" said One-Eye gently. "But don't be surprised if the fire play back." -Joanne Harris

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Heh. Cheers. Don't worry, I had a doughnut for breakfast. I like my sweets.

I'm trying to think what else I'm ridiculously scared of, but I think blood and staplers are still the top of my list.

I have a blog:
Blog

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

For some reason, I've got this new fear of being shot/hit in the back of the head.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I'm afraid of dying.

Here is my blog.

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

^me too. and I am scared of people I love dying too.

Stalk me on my blog, I guess? xxx

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

My strongest fear is of fish.

I don't eat fish, I don't go to aquariums. I don't swim in the ocean or lakes. If there is an aquarium in someone's house, I can't get close to it. If I see a fish (even on TV) I have to cover my eyes. I hate picturing them in my mind and really dislike hearing them flopping around.

To put it in a better picture: I would rather pet a shark than be in a room with a goldfish.

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Pigeons!!!
Someone put bird seed in my hood in Trafalgar Square when I was younger and they all swooped cry
Oh, and high cistren toilets! They scare me so much...

PandaPrincess~!

Facebook :)

Tumblr :)

Etsy :)

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

you mean the ones where the cistern is above your head, and there is a long tube down to the loo?

Regular Crew

Date:

This is going to sound so weird but when I was little I was scared of the tiolet flushing.>.<  Does that phobia even have a name?

Honoured Mook

Date:

Water towers. I think that's what they're called? Big things on metal legs. Water should NOT be high up!!
I also have a phobia of vehicles behind me. If I hear a truck coming up behind me when I'm out I have to flatten myself against the nearest solid object to avoid it :D
Also VERY spooked by basements. I fell through the floor into one in an abandoned building *shudder* although... it's my fault I guess...

www.tabifarrowphotography.vpweb.co.uk

Resident Disability Rights Advisor :)

Tumblr

Honoured Mook

Date:

Since few weeks I got this fear of being critisized by teachers or persons of great authority. It even follows me into my dreams. this is pretty nasty >.<

-- Edited by NellyMeret Lundberg on Wednesday 24th of February 2010 03:51:56 PM

Eine deutsche Mooky :)

My modeling account (German).

I also got a DeviantArt account. Please feel free to add me :)

Zip

Honoured Mook

Date:

I am so terrified of seaweed. I scared i'll get caught in it, and there'll be something hiding in there. I'm also afraid that the actual seaweed will move and attack me, seaweed is bloody creepy.
Also, after reading American Psycho, I'm afraid of business men, but i'm assuming that'll fade soon enough.

Fuzzy little man peach.

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

This isn't a phobia but I'm scared of seeing people's toes. I think toes are really disgusting and in summer, I'm terrified of people wearing sandals so I can see their toes. Haha, this sounds so weird.

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

Honoured Mook

Date:

Oh gawd im afraid of seaweed too, not to mention walking in the sea barefoot. The thought of stepping on dead jellyfish and slimy seaweed is sickening lol

I am a traveller of both time and space.

Mookface (mod)

Date:

Spidies, craneflies, WASPS :( :(

I have a weird thing about getting old... freaks me out, man. And thinking about the universe. It's so big, ahhhh :S It starts me off on a panic attack, I have to breathe and concentrate on the moment and be all "it's all good, it's all good, I feel good, I feel good..."

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Regular Crew

Date:

Thinking about the universe freaks me out tooooo, it's just too big and scary :P
That water and being underground. I can't even go on boats properly, spent 8 hours on the ferry to Ireland last summer with my back against the wall, headphones in and eyes closed tight. Trying to walk with 8 hours worth of pins and needles is... interesting :P

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm slightly scared of really soft things, like cotton balls or fleece, rubbing against my fingernails. It sends shivers up my back...

Facebook: Personal | Public

ModelMayhem

Tumblr

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

no, but it is amusing, i can see why they wind you up!

me? spiders, even little ones. i've kicked my best mate in the face before whilst trying to exit a room without touching the floor in case they run at me. if they touch me (shudder) i vomit, cry and rub the area raw trying to stop feeling the touch of the evil creature for hours afterwards.
people who know me will remove the offending article after calmly saying 'just go outside for a minute'
throwing spiders at me results in a psychotic punching you until you bleed and stop moving.

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

Baby Mook

Date:

...hmm... moths scare me so much!!! aaargh! yuck, the little weird powdery bodies... I also maintain they 'smell the fear' and fly at me, just for a laugh...

i also have an irrational fear of bellybuttons... yeah? i dont get it either...

Booky Mooky (mod)

Date:

I'm terrified of becoming depressed.

-Proud (and fertile!) Mooky Grandfather-

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Ye Gods, I have a new one.

Giving birth. The idea of all that pain, which might even mess my whole body up for life, terrifies me. Pregnancy as a whole sounds nice, but that part makes me feel literally sick with fear.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have a phobia of death. I've had it for a long time. Just my luck, isn't it? A phobia of the one thing you cannot avoid. I don't want to cease to exist, I just don't!

Come on, I can't be the only one. Anyone else have the death phobia?

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

In the words of Echobelly,I Can't Imagine the World Without Me,but you're right. You get a sort of mental logic fail when you try to imagine the world without yourself-it's like your brain will only think about the concept in a theoretical sense.

My more mundane phobias are unsafe heights [ie where there's a chance you could fall],and going down [not UP,though] escalators. Going up you can't see the yawning space in front of you into which you might fall to a bumpy and bloody end. Or it might be vertigo.

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Urgh, dying.

I have a phobia of places with less than three escape routes should a threat appear, so I plan three before I go in somewhere. It plays out like claustrophobia, and I can't use lifts or small rooms, or be in crowds. It is inconvenient, but it makes my tactical planning in war games something to behold.

I am also scared of my toaster.

A tumblr...

Resident Lord of the Cranberries

Professor Mook (mod)

Date:

I am scared of dying too. :(

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

KoOki Monster wrote:

Oh gawd im afraid of seaweed too, not to mention walking in the sea barefoot. The thought of stepping on dead jellyfish and slimy seaweed is sickening lol

Burst jellyfish on a beach. Ugh. Actually,jellyfish in their entirety. Ugh. However,one jellyfish species is apparently immortal. On another forum there was a report of some creature pulled from the deep ocean. It was repulsive,basically a giant woodlouse about 2 ft long. Nature is freaky!

Dave.

New posters should read "So you joined Mooky" in the FAQ forum. Or Matt Bellamy on an armoured flying unicorn shall smite you. With lasers! \m/

Mooky's Resident Emperor!

Baby Mook

Date:

massive phobia of growing old. i love being 18, stay like this forever plz ^^

Baby Mook

Date:

I have a fear of death,funerals,coffins,talking to people unless i know them well,driving,having an illness like cancer or knowing someone with it,seeing really sick people..i also think something bad will happen to me or my family if i think of a bad though while turning the tap off,doesn't make any sense but i guess i have some sort of ocd

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

-Big Spiders
-Snakes
-Sharks
-Alligators and Crocs (the animal kind)
-Rotweillers and Pitbulls
-Heights

I'm a wuss.

Life Support     So many pins I always prick my finger

The Alien in the North!

High Mookish Shaman