Mookychick Messageboard  
Members Login
Username 

Password 
    Remember Me  
Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!
Post Info TOPIC: PHOBIAS? whats yours...

Regular Crew

Date:
RE: PHOBIAS? whats yours...

Right, thanks.

I'm also scared of Spiders, Snakes and moths.

Honoured Mook

Date:

I have a phobia of being stabbed in the eye with a fork. Forgot about that one...

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

That Im going to be alone forever!

The universe is like one be old book. Full of chapters. Humans are but a "page"

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

I also used to have a fear of showers on my face - any falling water really. Cured by a beautiful experience in a thunderstorm when I was about twelve. Man that sounds like pretentious twattery, but true. I now really love water and am an excellent swimmer.

My remaining phobias are:

Fear of extreme disproportion. When I was a child I'd dream about (for example) gigantic heavy bodies walking along on spindly legs like a spider's. I'd wake up screaming. The terrible precarious physicality of it always got to me. Nowadays, when I see (for example again) an obese man with long slender hands, I feel this horrible thing happening to my mouth where the saliva wells up and I can't swallow and the roof of my mouth feels like it's becoming hard and high and ridged, like the roof of a dog's mouth. I can handle it much better now, though, no screaming. There was also a children's book called Hairy Tales and Nursery Crimes that used to make me cry because the pictures were so disproportionate.

Fear of moths (mottephobia) and fear of butterflies (lepidopterophobia). I don't like the mindless, hysterical way they move and the beauty of their wings worsens and makes monstrous the insectile nature of their heads and bodies. I used to scream and run away, but now I limit myself to a flinch around small moths and cabbage white butterflies and certain of the more common orange ones. Very big, very beautiful and more uncommon ones still freak the fuck out of me though.

Unfortunately, possibly because of my masochistic personality, disproportion, moths and butterflies completey fascinate me and certainly the latter two crop up frequently in my writing (and in my head) as symbols. I love Surrealism, which is disproportion to the max, I have a small collection of six Asiatic butterflies pinned to a frame, and a preserved, gigantic white dead moth in a matchbox which was given to me by a friend. The moth in particular always makes me want to vomit but every few months, I take it out and touch the dead dust on its wings before spazzing out.

Regular Crew

Date:

Up until about a year ago I was really afraid of men, for some reason. I was pretty much convinced any guy over the age of 30 was completely out to get me. Maybe it's because I barely saw my dad as a little kid? I dunno.......I have no idea why it went away but at some point I just stopped thinking about it.

Well this isn't a fear, exactly, but if I wear headphones or ear-buds when I'm around people, I can't breathe. I just CAN'T. I can wear them when I'm alone just fine, but that kind of defeats the point anyway.....

Spiders really freak me out too. Something about the way they move really gets to me. It's gotten better, I mean, I usually don't scream when I see them anymore, but still, I feel like I'm going to faint and my heart beats really fast....

Also, I have a panic attack if I'm away from my house for more than 15 minutes alone......if I'm with people it's not big deal, but otherwise........D:

International Mook of Mystery (mod)

Date:

I'm not sure if it counts as a phobia, but I have a thing about symmetry. Sometimes I will look at my ribs or my face and want to vomit because they're so asymmetrical. I am always adjusting the way I stand or sit so that I'm as even as possible. People who have had strokes scare me.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

Needles, Spiders and silverfish...fucking creepy ass things...they have too many damn legs and I found a fucking huge one skuttling around the table in my living room last night...nearly screamed...thing was at least an inch and a half long....nyegh...

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I don't like being touched, but that has history I guess. But I'm not even comfortable with my friends touching me, with they play up to by shoving their hands in my face, hugging me really tightly, pretending to feel me up and rubbing my arms. I hate it. It creeps me the fuck out.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Regular Crew

Date:

I have a phobia of snakes *ugh*.

RAWWR! that means i love you in dinosaur. :')

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

^ So does my sister. She can't even touch toy ones, or look at them at all.

"I'm a time lord and I can like travel all around space and through time and shit" he replied kindly.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

spiders, dentists and werewolves, hopefully the last one will never be encountered!

'there's always light at the end of the tunnel, just sometimes it's a train'

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Bees! Wasps! Agh!

Regular Crew

Date:

Cacti. They really really creep me out. So much so that I couldn't go into my friend's bathroom because she had a really big one right next to the toilet. I eventually told her what the issue was and she thought it was a joke, and playing along, she went to move it to her parents room where I wouldn't be able to see it, and in doing so she kind of moved it at me and went "Euuh". I involuntarily recoiled, and it would have been really funny had I not been standing at the top of the stairs, thus ending up going arse over tit right to the bottom. In fact, it was probably still quite funny to see a teenage girl leaping down a flight of stairs to avoid a freaking cactus. God.

Similarly, large, open flowers like sunflowers scare me. Although I only really have a problem with them when they're close to me. I cannot let the middle of a sunflower touch me. Eugh. Got goosebumps just thinking about it.

I won't bother saying "is this odd??" because I know damn well it is. Thankfully, except when people thrust creepy plants at me it doesn't impede on my day to day life too much.

Slightly more normally, being locked in a dark, enclosed space. I KNOW that this is from my time working at Marks and Spencer's, when I got shut in the freezer. I was at the opposite end to the door, and the lights went out, and the noise and euuugggghhh. Fucking bastard paid for that when I got out.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

Cats. Hyperventilating, screaming, running, being frozen... I don't know why it is. Also my friend's cats have bells on them and now I'm haunted by that little tinkly noise.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I also have a fear of coughing up blood.
Connected to that, I have a fear of spotty orchids, because they look as if they'll make you cough up blood.

And that's what she said!

SPAM is destroyed. SPAMMERS are banned. Talk of truth and beauty instead.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I used to have a bad phobia of lullabies when I was younger- I'd cover my ears and cry every time I heard one. Rock a bye baby was the worst- the idea of the kid falling out of the tree creeped me out so badly. When I have kids, I shall be sadistic and sing the theme to Rosemary's Baby to them.

La la la la, la, la la la la la la la la....

Edit: I'm not kidding. I couldn't even say in the room if somebody was singing one. Once, my uncle bought me a toy elephant that played a lullaby. I ended up lying flat out on the sofa in tears, and everybody just assumed I was tired...

-- Edited by Lady Misery on Wednesday 15th of July 2009 09:27:48 PM

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

I'm really clausterphobic, asterphobic ( i think that's fear of lightining) and... don't laugh... marriage. it's actually a phobia. I can't think of the stress, the heartbreak... none of it, i'm just scared...

From the thunder and the storm,
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view

Honoured Mook

Date:

sleeping alone in the dark and watching something that could affect me and oh insects

-- Edited by Ariel on Tuesday 14th of July 2009 09:12:17 AM

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I have a phobia of someone touching anywhere near my eyes. I also have a slight fear of people touching my chest, but becuase that happens so often I've sortof shaken that.
I have a fear of burning myself. I have a phobia of being seen as ugly and I have a real problem with this one as it means it takes me around 4 or 5 hours to get ready to even go out to Tesco.

The Harlequin Horrors are here!

Regular Crew

Date:

I have a fear of growing up. An extreme fear.
Peter pan syndrome i guess ;D

Regular Crew

Date:

Mirrors in the dark scare me crapless.
Also anything going near my eyes which isn't designed to go near eyes.
I also have a fear of some Childrens TV characters...including that guy from lazytown who wears tight blue clothing.
The public
Surgical equipment
Spiders
& Nature

A friend of mine has a phobia of baked beans. No lie...he will actually assume the foetal position and start crying if he sees them...

Lush Guru

Date:

People dressed as animals.
People without faces (those costumes that cover your face with spandex or whatnot).

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

Dolls....those kinds that are put on stands with their historical outfits....urgh! Their eyes follow me. Once I saw a clown doll and fainted and cried once I regained consciousness until it was removed from the room.

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

"You can be insane and still be a good person." - EA

her

Honoured Mook

Date:

At the minute I am slightly scared of going outside/my new umbrella.
The other day it was wet but I needed to go to the most depressing town in the world to get birthday cards. When I got home my mum found a maggoty grub thing in my hair. I am terrified of getting another one, even though they probably won't hurt me. I know it's irrational, I can't bring myself to check the umbrella to see if that's where it came from. I hope I can force myself to go out/check umbrella soon. I'm not going to like it though, why do I have to fight everything.

I'm an expresso-some people think I'm bitter, but I'm just intense

Honoured Mook

Date:

Spiders...
Seeing people vomit, which makes it sometimes difficult to go out in the evening, depending on where you are.
And, Im extremely afraid of water wheels. (Yes, really.)
Ive got this since I was a child, and I still got hge difficulties with it. Lucky you dont see a water wheel every day. But I can remember one day as I was about 13 or 14 when my parents and I went hiking - we had to pass a little bridge over a river, having water wheels on both sides of it. The bridge was so close to them you could even smell this putrid stench of the wheels... I ended up shrieking and howling and even tried to run away.

Oh my God. It still gives me creeps to think about it.

I know this is weird.

Eine deutsche Mooky :)

My modeling account (German).

I also got a DeviantArt account. Please feel free to add me :)

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

X_Zwerg_X wrote:

I also have a fear of some Childrens TV characters...including that guy from lazytown who wears tight blue clothing.

You mean Sportacus? Yeah, he is a creepy weirdo...

Honoured Mook

Date:

Im claustrophobic, I went to london and I was too scared to get on the tube =/

I am a traveller of both time and space.

Seasoned Mookster

Date:

zombrina wrote:

I have a fear of growing up. An extreme fear.
Peter pan syndrome i guess ;D

Same, sometimes I cry and hyperventilate at the thought of my adult life. Or even leaving school.

Of all the phobias I have, death is not one of them.

-- Edited by sunshinelollipopandrainbows on Sunday 9th of August 2009 07:49:28 PM

And that's what she said!

High Mookish Shaman

Date:

KoOki Monster wrote:

Im claustrophobic, I went to london and I was too scared to get on the tube =/

I forced myself to get on it, and ended up having a panic attack and clinging hysterically onto this man's suitcase. Probably because I saw it as the only stable thing in the carriage and it was bright orange... (?)
I scared him to death anyway. When I was home from that trip (I live in the midlands) I swore never to return to London again.

I'd choose freedom over safety because I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.

Mookish Deity Most High

Date:

I'm afraid of dogs. Well, just big ones. I start panicking whenever I see a dog and I know it's stupid but I just can't help it. :(

"Wilfred Allsop was sitting up, his face pale, his eyes glassy, his hair disordered. He looked like the poet Shelley after a big night out with Lord Byron." - P. G. Wodehouse

Mooky's Decadent Victorian Aesthete

«First  <  1 2 3 410  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us